The mug that is Paul Merson

McFaul

Jonny you can look away nothing to see because "no one cares". Well I care when someone is talking total fucking shit about my club.

Aston Villa a bigger club than Newcastle?!?!?!?!!? "they can get the same gates as Noocarseww", they've had 9 sell oots in 8 years the fucking prick, in a stadium 11,000 smaller than ourselves, "and anuvva fing everyone who lives in Villa suppowwts Villa which makes em bigger too", get this thick bastard off the telly. You can put an argument up that Tottenham are bigger than us, they're not, but you can put an argument up, but Villa?!?!? Antagonistic pish. Get him off the telly. Edited by McFaul

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mugrighter strikes!

Merson getting it all wrong shocka!

Brum, WBA and Villa share the same core fanbase. Villa is a tiny bit the 'the bigger club'(in that area)..Not much in it imho. Lucky to have peaked when Euro comp were all knockout...(Forest)..

Edited by Park Life

After that 6-0 Aston Villa faded back to nothingness to be honest, where they were originally.

The biggest insult you can fire at a Villa fan down the years is often the truth, they are the beige of football and nobody cares.

As for fanbases etc etc it doesn't even deserve the discussion.

I've seen more Newcastle shirts on my travels than Villa shirts. He's going to be biased for obvious reasons

Only by about 10 to 1 in my experience. They're not that much bigger than Forest or WBA when you consider everything. Look at the comments on the youtube as well, apparently we're a yo yo club when were we in Division 3 like????

I think the thick cunt was just throwing names around as to who would come in for Ba (is that who he's talking about), talked himself into a corner and then he is obviously far too stupid to talk himself out of it without looking daft.

Saw that live and knew you'd go apeshit Stevie,

To be fair, their fans are shitbut they do have a more impressive history than us.

Do they? I'm sorry like but is the League Cup a major trophy. Historically a trophy clubs use to play reserve teams often enough. How else would clubs like Oxford, Swindon and Boro have won it. In the 20th century these are the following tallies - League: Newcastle 4 Villa 2 - FA Cup: Newcastle 6 Villa 4 - European honours 1 -1 - so thats 11-7 in my eyes. People were putting tabs out on the half way line in the 1800's. So we are more famous, more successful in the 20th century, have an infinitely bigger fanbase, generate far more money as a business, have a better side, so literally all they have over us is they were a more successful club in the 19th century. [/spin]

Villa are a nothing club who are rapidly fading back into the obscurity from which they came. Again, go back to our relegation - can you imagine our fans bringing out banners to mock Villa, had the positions been reversed?

Small time club, small time mentality, not even worth noting tbh.

Saw that live and knew you'd go apeshit Stevie,

To be fair, their fans are shitbut they do have a more impressive history than us.

Do they? I'm sorry like but is the League Cup a major trophy. Historically a trophy clubs use to play reserve teams often enough. How else would clubs like Oxford, Swindon and Boro have won it. In the 20th century these are the following tallies - League: Newcastle 4 Villa 2 - FA Cup: Newcastle 6 Villa 4 - European honours 1 -1 - so thats 11-7 in my eyes. People were putting tabs out on the half way line in the 1800's. So we are more famous, more successful in the 20th century, have an infinitely bigger fanbase, generate far more money as a business, have a better side, so literally all they have over us is they were a more successful club in the 19th century. [/spin]

I'm sometimes tempted to use the 19th century argument to downgrade the Mackem's history but it gets a bit iffy when you consider our Edwardian success which isn't too far from the same period.

I also think comparing the Fairs cup with the European cup is a bit much.

I honestly think Villa have always been over-rated as a "big" club so I do honestly agree with you - as I've said a couple of times on here my answer to their "Where were you when you were shite" has always been "At Villa Park, watching us beat you when Gazza scored in front of 12000 in Division one".

More famous? Tom Hanks, Prince William and the current PRIME MINISTER support us. Next question.....Yeah we went into Division 3 for a couple of years in the early 70s and got 48K versus Bournemouth at Villa Park. I'd be ashamed to have Newcastle's history, I SERIOUSLY would. Of course trophies and standing in the game is what you measure a club on! Don't take Merson's word for it....have you forgotten that James Milner left your poxy club so he could play for VILLA!

Well, can't really argue against attendance stats from the 70s can we?

I'd be worried if Merson thought we were the bigger club as the guy can barely string two words together, he's somebody who makes other footballers look like intellectuals he's so thick, so if he thinks Villa are bigger its clear they're not!

As for that quote from the Villa fan it was the sort of deranged, laughable post you only expect to see on the mackem's board, where no surprise there is a massive thread based on the merson quote where the sad fuckers have got overexcited as usual talking about us!

Everything about NUFC is bigger than Villa apart from the 3rd rate ambition of our owner

But even then our owner is much bigger than Randy Lerner so another strike against them :)

Actually I'm probably giving Lerner more credit than he deserves.

I think Villa's strategy is basically the same as ours now - to give up all hope of ever qualifying for the Champions League (or competing with the "top" 6 for that matter) and to spend as little money as possible to stay in the division.

We can look forward to competing in an annual battle of the also rans with clubs like Villa and Stoke to try and finish 7th

Everything about NUFC is bigger than Villa apart from the 3rd rate ambition of our owner

But even then our owner is much bigger than Randy Lerner so another strike against them :)

Actually I'm probably giving Lerner more credit than he deserves.

I think Villa's strategy is basically the same as ours now - to give up all hope of ever qualifying for the Champions League (or competing with the "top" 6 for that matter) and to spend as little money as possible to stay in the division.

We can look forward to competing in an annual battle of the also rans with clubs like Villa and Stoke to try and finish 7th

We started competing in that battle before Ashl... nah we'll leave that one alone :lol:

back on the gear.

:lol: Was just about to say this myself. Seriously man they may as well let Kermit the frog talk about football if they're going to give this doylem air time.

More famous? Tom Hanks, Prince William and the current PRIME MINISTER support us. Next question.....Yeah we went into Division 3 for a couple of years in the early 70s and got 48K versus Bournemouth at Villa Park. I'd be ashamed to have Newcastle's history, I SERIOUSLY would. Of course trophies and standing in the game is what you measure a club on! Don't take Merson's word for it....have you forgotten that James Milner left your poxy club so he could play for VILLA!

Well, can't really argue against attendance stats from the 70s can we?

Nice find this one :lol: pointing to 'celebrity fans' sums them up man Tom Hanks ffs. Villa fans love owt like this because it makes them relevant for 5 minutes I'd be ashamed to have their accent I SERIOUSLY would. Think he's forgetting that we were loaning Milner out to them and he wasn't all that preferred at the time.