The mug that is Paul Merson

McFaul

It doesn't really matter who is bigger but I guess they are nice little bragging rights.

Being able to say that Villa are the biggest club in the Midlands for example.

But you don't win any prizes for simply being a big club.

Only have to look at Leeds United.

You won't find any Wigan Athletic fans wanting to swap positions with them any time soon.

Don't, you'll get Stevie worked up!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merson never really rescinded what he said about them being a bigger club. He really just said they looked shit this season and that we were a much better team (a fact not confirmed by a poor performance by us the next day).

He clearly still thinks of them as a bigger club which really is bollocks even by his own definition. We have a bigger and better fan base which really is the essence of how big a club is.

They have been a more successful club in the past and have the trophies to show for it. But that means nothing now as it's so far in the past. All it does is show they have history. So do we, so do the scum, so do Everton, so do Preston and so do Burnley. You can use that against the likes of Wigan but it's really no more than the equivalent of comparing cock size. It means fuck all if you can't do anything with it!

It doesn't really matter who is bigger but I guess they are nice little bragging rights.

Being able to say that Villa are the biggest club in the Midlands for example.

But you don't win any prizes for simply being a big club.

Only have to look at Leeds United.

You won't find any Wigan Athletic fans wanting to swap positions with them any time soon.

Leeds are about as big as my cock. Championship sized club at best. Fact they've spent more time outside the top flight than in it in their history. Fact there are 15 clubs with more trophies than Leeds including Wolves, WBA, and Huddersfield. Fact they've never averaged over 40,000 in their history (we have 29 times even Villa have 4 times). Fact Leeds United are a shit club and a total myth.

Guest CabayeAye

Will you hurry up and fuck off again you utter prick

Why are you being such a twat? Other than the sock puppet, you're the only one being a fucking child on here.

Merson and his like are unfortunately the way that punditry is going. Seems like the broadcasters are purposely employing know-nowt Cath words to try and spice it up a bit in the hope that they get viewers and listeners who are tuning in because they hate a pundit rather than like them. Savage is the perfect example. A fuckwit of the highest order. I turn off anything this twat is on as I don't want to hear his shite, but the problem is loads of people get wound up and can't help taking the purposeful bite he and the beeb are after. Having said that, I haven't listened to 606 since Danny Baker left anyway. It's just a mouthpiece for Carl from Essex to talk about his beloved Liverpool that he just hasn't watched but he's got a fucking opinion anyway. They deserve each other.

Merson and his like are unfortunately the way that punditry is going.

Couldn't agree more.

It's just a mouthpiece for Carl from Essex to talk about his beloved Liverpool that he just hasn't watched but he's got a fucking opinion anyway. They deserve each other.

It's this sort of thing that's put me off listening to them after a match "Mark from Croyden on the line" "'awwight Alan, I wanna tawk abaaht Scholesy" bunch of nobbers. Then they'll start waffling on about Newcastle and it's just cath words like Carl and Mark ringing in to spout their nonsence, neither of which have went further North than the Watford gap.

he looks like a lesbian that's tripped through the sales rail at Marks and Spencers.

:lol: Quality description, cannot stand 'Lawro' either. It's sickening that these blokes get paid fortunes to give their opinions.

• 3 weeks later...

Talking about West Brom v Man City Merson decides to say that we were lucky last season and West Brom will finish above us. What the fuck that has to do with their game v the Mancs is anyone's guess.

Anyone watch Fantasy Football Club last night? Ryan Taylor was their guest.

Merson couldn't bring himself to say a single positive thing about us other than "Ben Arfa is a top player".

- Reckons the first Liverpool 4-3 was nothing special, doesn't know why it's talked about so much, been much better games throughout the years.

- Taylor has Cabaye as a midfielder in his fantasy football 11. Taylor says he's there because "he's a footballer" (as in he's creative). Merson immediately asks him "do you think he's good enough to play for Man Utd or Arsenal?"

- Adam Johnson is the player to watch on Sunday apparently, and it'll be a draw.

- We were very lucky to win this fixture last season he reckons.

Edited by Monroe Transfer