Would you happy with 8-10th?

Ayatollah Hermione

It depends on our injury situation (we are missing Marveaux and Taylor, two likely starters), who we get in January if anyone, and worryingly anyone we lose in January. PLus the ACN on top of that.

I'd take it right now I guess - but we almost had that target last season anyway before we threw it away against West Brom.

to tell the truth....8th to 17th....it's all mid-table safety and I'll not crack open the champagne if we're at the top end of that or wallow in misery if its the lower end.

would be nice to finish anywhere higher than last season though just to say we're still heading the right way.

but without trying to sound like LM, for me is this what we're always going to be aiming for? that's my problem, is ashley going to be happy with consistently finishing around the middle, bringing in freebie transfers and making profit on some players here and there, seemingly it looks like the case.

Who knows?

At the end of the day don't forget that it's only our second season back. The first was all about staying up. If you look at it from a newly promoted side's point of view, you'd want to take it in stages:

First season - stay up

Second season - security of mid-table

Third season - kick on from there, look for a lower top half place

We admittedly are different because we should have never been relegated in the first place, we're a big club and we've lots of experience of the Prem and a bunch of quality players too.

With a stoke win today they are 2 points behind. We will lose second place in 1-2 rounds if pardew is unwilling to try new things. He is a stubborn as a donkey with proven shite players and I can see another 3-4 sail past us unless we turn things around.

We are on cource to around 45 points at the moment which is 12-13th I reckon.

Jonas needs a rest, obertan as a prolonged rest. HBA needs to start, and Best needs to find form - and quick.

8th I would take in a heartbeat. 10-13th? Well, thats where indifference sets in on my part. There is really no difference to me or in general. Just midtable nowhere.

I would, I'm happy with progress year on year

points wise year last year we were within one match of 9/8th (though fulham had a good enough goal diff for us not to overtake them) but then the other way we were one match from blackburn in 15th

if we can show a marked improvement at the end of this season being in the top half then yeh I'll be perfectly happy, coming back from relegation and the way we lost players after going down and rebuilt the team and are continuing to do so all I ask for is for us to improve, I don't see us breaking that group of the top 5/6 without more substantial investment in the team but that may or may not come in time (who knows?) so for now

improvement season on season = happy me

8th yes, 9th kind of, 10th, less so.

Expectations at the beginning of the season were lower end of the table and to achieve comfortable safety would be a job well done. However, bizarrely I'm already looking to next season and assuming that we do end up 9th, say, I'd want the following season to reflect an adjustment of ambition. I'd want us to retain the players brought in under the new Transfer Policy that have been successful and add to them, while reselling the players who've not been impressive.

I'd want that, but I expect it will not transpire.

Of course I'd be happy with that. In the summer I thought we were gonna struggle big time this season, losing all our best players, I didn't rule out a relegation battle.

Ditto - that said after the start we had I feel with some investment Champions League was a possibility. A oppportunity missed maybe.

I have a feeling our run of shit matches hasn't come to an end just yet... how low will the morale be after we lose the manooo game 5-0, and obertan, best & simpson plays their shittiest game in history.

At the start of the season id have said yes. But you can't use the excellent start we had as a buffer to accept shite 2nd half of the season.

city shit

man u lucky draw

chelsea shit

norwich shit

swansea shit

wba shit

bolton impossible not to win

liverpuddle shit

man utd most probably shit

I think this run of shit soon evens out the good buffer we had, and piss on the "pardew is a legend" argument. can't wait to finally be heard!