Virgin Stadium?

dbsweeney

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bit shit for people who bought tops this year isn't it? surely that means they're not "current" 6months into the season if they change the sponsor logo

Anyone that bought a top this year is a stupid cunt anyway. I'd say this serves them right. :razz:

bit shit for people who bought tops this year isn't it? surely that means they're not "current" 6months into the season if they change the sponsor logo

Just as planned. Send the mugs back to SD so they can get a new, "updated" one.

There was no way that Ashley was going to forego millions in cash to have his brand on the shirt. The majority of SD branding so far has had little opportunity cost.

Is SD paying for the branding? I thought it was to 'highlight' the advertising potential of the stadium.

The best thing virgin could do would be to buy the rights and rename it st James park. Because they'd become the savours of the North!!

Good point wish I'd made it. Post #3

Is SD paying for the branding? I thought it was to 'highlight' the advertising potential of the stadium.

Assumes people that control multi-million pound advertising budgets have the vision of a cat.

/Iain Macintosh

I can't see anyone paying money for the ground naming rights to rename the place SJP, it'd be a very expensive PR exercise.

Expensive but very very effective imo. Imagine all the press coverage, actually globally that they would receive. Now we are getting near 50,000 fans at the stadium each week, who all want to see SJP return. But how many are there out there that don't go to games? There must be hundreds of thousands of fans that would be over the moon with virgin money. If they did it, Id be more likely to use Virgin for things, more because of what they would have done for us.

All football fans up and down the country (except the mackems) would feel a positive 'emotional relationshop' because of the selfless thing they would have done.

Virgin Money would be the savours of tradition and heritage in football, and more in the North East.