How many points will we finish the season with?

Baggio

2011/12 points total  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance that we'll win six of our last seven at home. On paper we could do well but in reality there'll be a few games where we cock up.

I said 7 out 9 orignially, 2 wins out of 2, 3 tomorrow, I think we have fuck all to worry about, even Man City is winnable at home, we'll beat Liverpool which will be the pivotal game.

home wins against man city, liverpool and even sunderland are far from dead certs. it'll be a belting season if we all win all those games....we'd be pushing top 4 in that eventuality.

Home

Man City (0)

Liverpool (0)

Norwich (3)

Mackems (1)

Stoke (3)

Wolves (1)

Bolton (3)

Away

Arsenal (0)

Chelsea (0)

Everton (0)

Swansea (1)

WBA (1)

Wigan (3)

58 point finish

Fixed

Edited by Happy Face

• 4 weeks later...

Am gan for 64, there's not one home game left other than Man City that we won't be favourites to win, trips to the likes of Blackburn, Swansea, Everton, Wigan etc... Am gann for 64 points and 6th place which would dee this season. Would be glorious to come above Dalglish, Carroll and Enrique.

WBA 3

Liverpool 3

Swansea 1

Bolton 3

Stoke 3

Wigan 3

Man City 1

Chelsea 0

Everton 0

I'm sticking with exactly 64 as I said at the turn of the year.

I said 55-56 before and I'd like to think we might get one more win than that.

same, Id call that 55-56 a sceptical target now though I don't think we'll beat it by much

Home

Man City (0)

Liverpool (0)

Norwich (3)

Mackems (1)

Stoke (3)

Wolves (1)

Bolton (3)

Away

Arsenal (0)

Chelsea (0)

Everton (0)

Swansea (1)

WBA (1)

Wigan (3)

58 point finish

I feel like Stevie here like, right on track.

• Home W - QPR
  • Away L – Fulham
  • Away W – Blackburn
  • Home W – Aston Villa
  • Away L – Tottenham
  • Home D - Wolves
  • Home D - sunderland
  • Away L - Arsenal
  • Home W - Norwich
  • Away W – West Brom Reckon we can and should beat these They're decent, but incredibly erratic Originally thought: (I think they’ll need to kick on under Hodgson and do it soon. I also think they’ll strengthen in the window.)
  • Home L – Liverpool I stand by my previous assertion that : (Well, we just will... and Carroll and Gerrard will both score.)
  • Away L – Swansea Stand by this as well (Again, they’re a good side and have been impressive at home.)
  • Home W – Bolton Nothing has changed my mind (Awful side and we will comfortably beat them despite their need for points becoming more desperate)
  • Home W – Stoke Ditto ( At their best against “pretty” footballing sides and (ironically) don’t like it up ‘em, we'll do the double over them)
  • Away W – Wigan Ditto (Down already, it’ll be a shell of a side we face)
  • Home L – Man City They’ll either need the points and beat us or will have already won the title and will be showing off
  • Away D – Everton I just genuinely don't think we'll lose three on the bounce (as I had previously) and while they're coming into form, they still don't impress me. Originally thought: (the very epitome of a nothing game. They’ll want it more because they’re in front of their own fans.)
  • Away D – Chelsea End of season and doubt either of us will be playing for anything Originally thought: (They’ll be looking to shore up their CL bid)

End on 59pts and in 7th. Happy for that to go in Prediction Thread

47 point and 6th so far, revised estimate is 61 pts, still think we'll end up in 7th

West Brom (A) - Lose 3-1

Liverpool (H) - Draw 1-1

Swansea (A) - Draw 2-2

Bolton (H) - Win 1-0

Chelsea (A) - Lose 3-1

Stoke (H) - Win 1-0

Wigan (A) - Draw 1-1

Man City (H) - Draw 0-0

Everton (A) - Lose 2-0

FInish in 7th on 57 points.

West Brom (A) - WIN 1-0

Liverpool (H) - LOSE 1-0

Swansea (A) - WIN 3-1

Bolton (H) - WIN 1-0

Chelsea (A) - DRAW 1-1

Stoke (H) - WIN 1-0

Wigan (A) - WIN 2-1

Man City (H) - LOSE 1-0

Everton (A) - DRAW 1-1

I think we will finish 6th. Hopefully Liverpool and Chelsea will have shit run ins and we can better that. 5th place last season took 62 points.

1 Man Utd 90

2 Man City 87

3 Arsenal 76

4 Tottenham 70

5 Chelsea 69

6 Newcastle 64

7 Liverpool 54

8 Swansea 52

9 Stoke 50

10 Sunderland 50

16 Blackburn 38

17 Bolton 33

18 QPR 29

19 Wolves 26

20 Wigan 26

1 Man Utd 90

2 Man City 87

3 Arsenal 76

4 Tottenham 70

5 Chelsea 69

6 Newcastle 64

7 Liverpool 54

8 Swansea 52

9 Stoke 50

10 Sunderland 50

16 Blackburn 38

17 Bolton 33

18 QPR 29

19 Wolves 26

20 Wigan 26

That's more or less what I ended up with. Us 6th by a margin and those 3 going down.

Can't see Wigan escaping the drop with their run of games like.

I don't think we're playing well and the players might be a bit knackered. So a downbeat mid 50s for me. Where we finish in the table is more about how others do than us imo

A lot of people feel the same way. Not with the dieing mind - that might require a trophy. :lol:

Most of all I'd like european competition* so if that allows us to finish above Liverpool or requires it nice one!

*I think it'll probably effect next years league form if we get it mind, small squad and all.

A lot of people feel the same way. Not with the dieing mind - that might require a trophy. :lol:

Most of all I'd like european competition* so if that allows us to finish above Liverpool or requires it nice one!

*I think it'll probably effect next years league form if we get it mind, small squad and all.

I'd love to see us play some European teams again - I'd definitely go to an away day or two if we got into the Europa League.

Leazes would be fuming.