Fulham vs Newcastle

Toon_Man

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vuckic in his place then please Alan.

Probably a better place to start him than against the likes of Liverpool (a really stupid decision that Pardew deserves criticism for). Thought Vuckic was class against West Brom.

wouldve gone for how we set up against QPR after he went off myself

Probably a better place to start him than against the likes of Liverpool (a really stupid decision that Pardew deserves criticism for). Thought Vuckic was class against West Brom.

True but I'm a bit of a Vuckic fanboy.

True but I'm a bit of a Vuckic fanboy.

he'd have less movement ahead of him with it being shola/best up top instead of Ba, HBA would make the difference creatively I reckon

Was it down there in the relegation season when we won 1-0? Barton scored a penalty. Think that might have been the shittest game of football it's possible to have.

As with the majority of away games, I'd be happy coming away with a point. Hopefully Best can get himself another goal to keep his confidence and form going well for us.

As for squad selection, I don't think we'll see Ryan Taylor in the middle from the start, I think he was there because his hand was forced into it. We're away from home so think we'll see Taylor out wide right with Guthrie and Abeid in the middle. Best and Shola up top, Ben Arfa to come on to turn the game if it's in the balance.

Was it down there in the relegation season when we won 1-0? Barton scored a penalty. Think that might have been the shittest game of football it's possible to have.

As with the majority of away games, I'd be happy coming away with a point. Hopefully Best can get himself another goal to keep his confidence and form going well for us.

Aye, year before as Luke says. I was at that game. It was about as warm as it was entertaining. Had a canny day all the same.

From the Chronicle:

YOHAN CABAYE is “really struggling” to be fit for Newcastle United’s trip to Craven Cottage tomorrow.

The French midfield man is still recovering from Shaun Derry’s late challenge against Queens Park Rangers last Sunday.

The player has been in the treatment room throughout the week and spent time in the swimming pool, indicating he may not make the journey to Fulham.

As ever, Alan Pardew remained hopeful, but says he won’t be risked.

Pardew – who is also sweating on Danny Guthrie – told the Chronicle: “Guthrie has a little knock, but Cabaye is the one we are really struggling with – we have to wait and see.

“Yohan has been on the bed. He was at the swimming pool so we’ll have to see how it pans out.

“Guthrie seems OK to talk to, so that’s usually a good sign.”

Pardew has plenty of options in the midfield area with Mehdi Abeid, Dan Gosling and James Perch all capable of playing the holding role in front of his back four.