Fulham vs Newcastle

Toon_Man

As long as both Guthrie and Cabaye aren't out I reckon we'll have a decent side out capable of jagging a win, or getting a respectable draw.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calm down, we're only playing Fulham. A lot depends on what Fulham turns up.

This could be key. Let's not forget that Fulham got dicked by one of the shittest teams in the premier league last weekend; and with only 10 men to boot. Quietly optimistic about this one.

Edited by noaliasmike

I know what he means in some respect, we controlled the game and were able to close the game down with 20 minutes to go.

Not our "best win", but we showed our dominance

I hate reading stuff like this

• Newcastle are aiming for a third consecutive victory.
  • The Magpies have won just one of their last five league matches away from home - a 2-0 win at Bolton on Boxing Day.
  • Newcastle have already won 10 league games - they only won 11 in total in the whole of last season.
  • Alan Pardew's side are aiming to keep three consecutive Premier League clean sheets for the first time since April 2008 (when they were managed by Kevin Keegan).
  • Seven of Leon Best's 10 Premier League goals have been scored against London clubs - and he scored both in the 2-1 win over Fulham on Tyneside back in August. Demba Ba, who is at the Africa Cup of Nations, has scored half of Newcastle's 30 Premier League games this season.
  • Shola Ameobi, who has scored 49 career goals, is poised to make his 250th league appearance for Newcastle.

The bits in bold especially... I get too optimistic

Need Hatem to start. Tricky game and we have our 3 best players out or struggling with fitness. With Ba and Tiote in the side it would have been a win. As things stand would happily take a point. Fulham usually knock it around well at home. First goal will win it.

No not really but we haven't signed a striker of Cissé's quality while already having a striker of Ba's quality while Ameobi has been around so hopefully things might be different this time. Just one month of full blooded performances. Is that too much to ask from the lazy bastard?

Been a long time since I watched Chelsea and cared if they win or lost cos it might effect our position. If these don't win today and we do. 2 points off CL with 16 games to gann. It's anyones.

Today we have fuck all to fear, hope Duff doesn't get his usual motm award against us the badge kissing charva mug. 1-2 win, Toon 3/1 to win cracking price so it is.

Cabaye is out then Benny will definitely start.

But I can see a midfield of Benny and Guthrie working. Might see Perch get a start as the ball-winning midfielder to allow us to move forward more.

Don't think Abeid can play that role but you never know, it'd be interesting to see how he can handle an away day against a bogey team like Fulham.

Not especially optimistic about this one, hard place to go and get a result given how erratic Fulham's form has been this season. Would be happy with a positive performance and a draw.