Holidays 2012

Jan

You could do a day less in Vegas imo. I've always had enough of the place after a few days. Maybe use that for the Grand Canyon.

Also you're missing out on Santa Barbara on the way to SF. WTF is Pismo btw? I'd be careful about trying to fit too much more in.

She's not keen on Vegas like, so the plan was to take time out of that rather than Yosemite. Probably the way we'll go.

We're spreading a day between Malibu and Santa Barbara, not staying overnight in either though :unsure: , doing a couple of hours on the road after instead to stay in Pismo (San Luis Obispo) up the coast....more reasonable prices, quieter, splits up the driving time and a favourite beach of Donny off The Big Lebowski :)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Sur is meant to be lush, is it not worth spending an extra day on that stretch, HF?

That's where we plan to spend the day between San Luis and Carmel.

McWay Falls, Point Sur, Bixby Bridge, Pfeiffer Park/Beach etc. in a day. I'm worried it's not enough either, but we've not booked Carmel yet, so might stop there the night rather than moving on immediately...but then we also want to do the 17 Mile Drive and stuff in Carmel/Monterey, Clint is running his film festival while we're there so there should be plenty going on, but we're robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Tourist Eye is taking a hammering trying to get everything in, dedicating most time to the best bits. Lush problem to have like :blush2: I feel like Roberto Mancini ;)

That's where we plan to spend the day between San Luis and Carmel.

McWay Falls, Point Sur, Bixby Bridge, Pfeiffer Park/Beach etc. in a day. I'm worried it's not enough either, but we've not booked Carmel yet, so might stop there the night rather than moving on immediately...but then we also want to do the 17 Mile Drive and stuff in Carmel/Monterey, Clint is running his film festival while we're there so there should be plenty going on, but we're robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Tourist Eye is taking a hammering trying to get everything in, dedicating most time to the best bits. Lush problem to have like :blush2: I feel like Roberto Mancini ;)

Are you more into cities or nature, or is this a point of friction between you and your missus?

Are you more into cities or nature, or is this a point of friction between you and your missus?

Probably both more about the latter....but not to a great extent. Not keen on a full week in some desolate woodland area where it's nowt but walks, or camping with the bears.

We're just having a couple days in LA to see the sights and recover the jetlag. Then 5 days in SF as we (like most people I'd guess) like the 'vibe' of it much more. Got a small studio right in the centre with a roof deck for quarter of the price of a hotel. That's it for city life really. One third, the rest is all coast, woods, and desert. Neither of us is fussed on Vegas, I think we'll end up arriving there the day before the flight, spend one night.

Looking at The View hotel in Monument Valley atm and i deffo wanna go there now like. Gonna take a poncho and hat for the Leone style photos.....

Balcony_DSC_0093w1000.jpg?Action=thumbnail&Width=180&Height=180&Algorithm=proportional&USM=1

Really does sound great. I'd take advice though and not try and fit too much into the itinerary. A bit different, but when I was in NYC last year the constant rushing around spoilt it somewhat on reflection.

Aye, trying to avoid that urge. She wanted only 3 nights in SF, but I said no. Really want to stay somewhere for a prolonged period where it's actually worth unpacking and maybe having a lie in a day or 2.

Just got back from four days on, in and around the Swiss end of Lake Maggiore. Lovely part of the world and not a bad place to kick back with a beer and just relax (if you can ignore the Swissness of it all).

406370_10151089949655590_1957737940_n.jpg

Reminds me of the missus' friend. She was getting married and the in-laws said they'd pay for the honeymoon. She intimated that she'd love to go to the Italian Lakes. They booked her 7 nights in Dubai :lol:

Close. :lol:

Cannot see any attraction in Dubai personally, would rather holiday in Seaham. Ok, that's probably an exaggeration but still.

Edited by Renton

Close. :lol:

Cannot see any attraction in Dubai personally, would rather holiday in Seaham. Ok, that's probably an exaggeration but still.

I'll do you a swap for a few days - you'll sharp change your mind :lol:

Got family in Dubai. My Dad goes over a couple of times a year for the golf. I'd love to take advantage of the free digs and see the mad buildings and that. She wasn't keen on staying with family for a honeymoon though :D

Ive been to Dubai 3 (Once as a stopover to OZ and twice to visit a mate ) times now. Its an interesting cultural/social experience first time around but not really anything special.

I suspect the PL footballers just go for the Pool/sunbathing breaks. There are some luxurious hotels out there.

Edited by Holden McGroin

RE. Vegas trip. Hire a car and drive to the canyon. Takes 3 hours and you can stop off at the hoover dam. Once you get into the canyon park the Indians try to flog you all sorts of trips and helicopter flights. Save your money and just get the coach straight to Eagle Point. Best view on the West rim and there are no barriers so you can get as close as you dare

Booked up earlier, just gone 3 star self-catering. From the reviews the hotel seems really good, got 10 nights for a good price for the 3 of us so can't complain.

It'll be the first time the bairn's been abroad, looking forward to it!

Booked up again for 2 weeks next June. :spinwank:

Went to lake Garda in Italy last year, loved it. I've got fuck all planned this year though. :(

Was there last year. Like it a lot. Stopped off for a couple of days this year after a week in Provence.

Aye fuck Dubai. The preferred destination of Premiership footballers, which tells you everything you need to know. It's gonna be overpriced, showy and tacky as fuck.

Dubai is shit basically.