'arry the tax dodger

sandman02uk

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

avoidance and evasion are different things under the law

ones legal, ones not

Evasion is just avoidance that hasn't passed final sign-off yet - loopholes are designed with the connivance of lawyers, tax inspectors, civil servants, politiians and their paymasters - the rich.

Guest CabayeAye

I'd like to see Cappello at spuds, they'd sink like an Italian cruise liner!

Either you just wanted to make the obvious joke about the cruise liner or you're clueless about football.

I think you're the clueless one if you think Capello is anything but shite after his disasterous reign as England manager.

I'd like to see Cappello at spuds, they'd sink like an Italian cruise liner!

Either you just wanted to make the obvious joke about the cruise liner or you're clueless about football.

I think you're the clueless one if you think Capello is anything but shite after his disasterous reign as England manager.

Without going all LM, you must be too young to remember how good Milan were under Capello.

Guest CabayeAye

Agreed that the Italian Cappello did well in the Italian Serie A with the Italian club AC Milan. But for England he lurched from one disaster to the next. Picking players on reputation alone, he assembled a team of hasbeens with no team spirit, culminating in the worst performance by England at an international tournament I can remember. I think if he went to a premiership club he would be the Italian Steve Bruce, paying way over the odds for overrated players before pissing everyone off with his tactical ineptitude and shocking man management.

Best Win percentage of any England Manager ever.

just saying,

Stop looking at the man and realise a few things;

I can count the number of players worthy of pulling on that shirt on one hand

The grassroots game is decades out of date

The reactionary media have made a difficult task impossible (they hounded out Sir Bobby ffs)

England are a Quarter Final team

Fabio Capello is a better manager than you give him credit for, but the England job is impossible. You thinking that he's shit proves a) how little you know about football, 2) How toxic the press are to any man taking that job and iii) the ridiculous expectations of England fans.

re the court case, Redknapp plainly had a case to answer. He wnet to the trouble of setting up a secret offshore account in a tax haven, named after his dog, which he had to travel to Monaco to accomplish. That offshore account was provided to the chairman of his employer to receive substantial amounts which appeared to be connected with his employment. The cost of the prosecution is irrelevant if it sends out the right message especially in an area where traditionally there has been a high amount of dodgy payments etc.

This case was not about whether tax was due on the payments, I expect it was and 'Arry has already paid up. It was about whether Redknapp set out to evade tax. He's been found not guilty of it by his peers so that's that. However the Revenue were fully entitled to prosecute him if they believe it was deliberate, or part of a pattern of behaviour, or it was necessary to set an example.

He's basically got off by running the Ken Dodd defence i.e. I am as thick as pigshit, I don't know anything about finance, I leave all that to my accountant, I am a good and simple man who would never cheat the Crown. Personally I think 'Arry is pretty sharp and would know exactly what he was doing but the jury decided otherwise.

he did fine with Real Madrid too for the record...twice

Aye he's an excellent club football manager he just isn't great at international management (or pretty disinterested in it, refusing to learn the language etc plays into that), they're very different jobs.

Agreed that the Italian Cappello did well in the Italian Serie A with the Italian club AC Milan. But for England he lurched from one disaster to the next. Picking players on reputation alone, he assembled a team of hasbeens with no team spirit, culminating in the worst performance by England at an international tournament I can remember. I think if he went to a premiership club he would be the Italian Steve Bruce, paying way over the odds for overrated players before pissing everyone off with his tactical ineptitude and shocking man management.

something that has been rarely covered, his times at madrid and roma. he is a serial winner. but the team have to bend to his whim. englands players weren't used to that and some paid the price. the football his teams played was often ultra defensive and dour but with milan he had several worldclass players, whereas with england he had tactically undisciplined, non caring egotists.

apologies if its been posted already, but just had a text.

"Spurs have announced that the reserve team will resume full training as from tomorrow, now that they have concluded their Jury Service"

Farcical case against him.

£8 million of tax payers money spent to try and get about 50k from him.

12 jurors were given ALL (i.e not the drivel spouted by rival fans on forums and Twitter) of the evidence and unanimously found him not guilty.

Good enough for me.

It wasn't about getting the tax off him you twat, it was about the fact that laws apply to everyone, no matter how much you earn.You can't put a price on that. Despite the fact his legal team used every trick in the book to get him off the fact remains he set up an offshore account in an alias and had money paid into that account that he didn't pay tax on.

Didn't you admit to tax avoidance on here previously btw? Albeit to a far lesser degree. Not that that matters of course, since it's the principle rather than the amount that is important ;)

Damn straight, but I didn't lie about it which is far worse ;)

Think J69's was a case of evasion rather than avoidance iirc...ie he was prepared to fraudulently state he was receiving a gift or some such. I forget the exact details but it involved a deliberate misrepresentation.

F

And to make matters worse, Stevie now has the phone number for the local cop shop on speed dial and he ain't afraid to use it.

Fiddlers; that's Stevie's speciality.

Kiddy or tax, Stevie's the nark you're looking for.

Btw, people would take the piss if Capello got the Spurs job but in reality he'd be a great appointment imo. I'm not sure he fancies another job in England atm mind :lol:

Best Win percentage of any England Manager ever.

just saying,

Stop looking at the man and realise a few things;

I can count the number of players worthy of pulling on that shirt on one hand

The grassroots game is decades out of date

The reactionary media have made a difficult task impossible (they hounded out Sir Bobby ffs)

England are a Quarter Final team

Fabio Capello is a better manager than you give him credit for, but the England job is impossible. You thinking that he's shit proves a) how little you know about football, 2) How toxic the press are to any man taking that job and iii) the ridiculous expectations of England fans.

actually, quite correct.

[Faints with shock] :razz:

Btw, people would take the piss if Capello got the Spurs job but in reality he'd be a great appointment imo. I'm not sure he fancies another job in England atm mind :lol:

Think you're probably right at this stage of his career tbh. ie I wouldn't say that if Spurs were now where they were 5 years ago, I don't think he'd have the focus to build them up over that sort of period, but he could well put the finishing touches to an already solid team. He'd probably save what he'd cost in wages on transfers in too as some players would be motivated to come to play for him based on his reputation rather than just looking for the massive fee, which is important for Spurs in a way that it isnt for Manchester, Chelsea and Liverpool

he did fine with Real Madrid too for the record...twice

Aye he's an excellent club football manager he just isn't great at international management (or pretty disinterested in it, refusing to learn the language etc plays into that), they're very different jobs.

thats another point that has been pushed a lot by ITVs coverage and chiles when hes trying to look clever, Capello actually speaks pretty good english it only abandons him (coincidentally) when hes asked a question he doesn't want to answer

Harry Redknapp says his focus is on Tottenham

Harry Redknapp has declared that his focus is Tottenham Hotspur - despite being heavily linked with the England manager's job.

Redknapp told the BBC News Channel that it would not be right to think about the England job.

"I've never thought about it [the England job]. They [the FA] will make whatever decision they want to make and hopefully be right for the country."

The Football Association has made no contact with Redknapp.

:lol: I'm sure it hasn't crossed your mind at all, honest as the day is long is 'arry.

Edited by ewerk