Newcastle United - Aston Villa 2-1

Aeris

thought perch was quality today

definitely. him and guthrie have been top notch replacements for the first choice in centre mid. one of our strongest areas of the pitch today, centre mid and probably the reason we edged the result.

Perch has been ok. But we've been playing far too many long balls in Tiote's absence.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The upward blip marches on.

It's becoming a flaaaaaaaaaaaaash in the pan.

Great finish by Demba2, when he fully adjusts to the game (his offside habit) he's gonna be a handfull, good feet as well.

Perch very fit to wear the shirt today.

Guthrie a total revelation.

They don't half put you through it though, dropped WAY deep in that last 5 mins.

February, equal with Chelsea,above Arsenal and the victims, fucking hell :D

Agree, Guthrie MOTM. Such a critical role to fill with other options unavailable. As I said before should retain his spot when Cabaye returns from suspension.

Williamson had a good game IMO. Down the stretch he was continually the one clearing the ball out of our box.

Quality performance, can't fault anyone. Who would have thought Perch and Guthrie could replace Cabaye and Tiote, massive respect to Pardew, he's getting the best out of everyone.

Krul is the best in the league, BA and Cisse look the real deal, Jonas was a real workhorse, I love the way he plays. Guthrie looks a proper player now, Santon is improving and offers a lot going forward, Jose who?, Colo is the man and Williamson was good, Simpson looks solid. Perch did well, fair play to him.

We have quality, we have team spirit,we have a good manager,we are joint 4th, we are Newcastle United

I can't understand why Ben Arfa wasn't brought on for R.Taylor, Obertan was shocking as always.

Aside from the injuries, the complete lack of interest in Ben Arfa from Pardew worries me.

Edited by Flair

I can't understand why Ben Arfa wasn't brought on for R.Taylor, Obertan was shocking as always.

Aside from the injuries, the complete lack of interest in Ben Arfa from Pardew worries me.

nah, obertan put in a good shift today. he did well.

Guthrie was superb again today, he is a classy player but he has added strength on the ball to his game, he looks fitter than ever and is full of confidence. Pardew deserves a lot of credit for unlocking his potential. When you've got Perch in there too, the simple instruction is for Guthrie to be the free man for the pass out of defence to ensure he is the focal point for attack. I thought they both played well but when we were exposed by Villa it was often because our central midfield was too far up the pitch, it didnt happen often but there was a lack of cover for the back four in the second half at times. All that said, Perch was pretty good and did his job well.

Fantastic result and a game that could easily been a draw so those points are nice to have. That strike deserved to win any match though, what a debut.

Blip blip, blippetty fucking blip.

Yep Obertan played well. It seems some people steadfastly refuse to give credit where it is due.

Guthrie was fantastic though. Great range of passing. Filling in Cabaye admirably.

Not that any of you give a toss, but that was a good game of the neutral.

Pleased for Cisse.

Hope he's quiet next week though!

Course we mind, we're "everyone's second club"tm

;)

Thought it was one of his best performances for us, took defenders on multiple times and even worked hard tracking back and tackling. Still no end product but he actually give it a go.

Obertan did canny, his pace helped keep them up the wrong end of the pitch. Crossing and decision making isn't great but his pace helps take the pressure off. Ben Arfa losing the ball on the RW 2nd half would have lost us that game. As it is NZogbia hardly got a kick and got taken off.

Some people have a very basic grasp of football on here :unsure2:

where's the reaction and analysis? fuck all in the way of post match interviews - straight to the fucking "united"/chelsea game ffs.

Aye it's bollocks, but I don't think you get anything until after both games.

We looked shaky when they hit us on the break and far too many gaps in the defence.

On the other hand we played some good stuff at times and the movement of the front two and wingers was excellent all game. Although Jonas was to blame for losing the ball for their goal his work rate was very influential and kept any breaks by Hutton down the left to a minimum.

I think Ba and Cisse look dangerous together, looking forward to seeing the damage they will cause in the last 14 games.

Keep it up lads!