Tottenham Hotspur - Newcastle United

Aeris

Danny Simpson as Gareth Bale's kryptonite is baffling but come to think of it, might be accurate.

It makes the teensiest bit of sense as Bale is at his best when he's going past defenders - Simpson's backing off 'ability' would make it tougher to do so...

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be particularly interesting to see what sort of team Spurs put out, considering the injuries we currently have. I'd be surprised if all of Defoe, Lennon, Kaboul, and van der Vaart started or were on the bench. Lennon has the greatest chance of all 4. If all are healthy it will be:

-----------------Friedel-----------------

-Walker---King---Kaboul---Ekotto-

-Lennon---Modric---Parker---Bale-

--------------van der Vaart------------

---------------Adebayor----------------

If VDV isn't fit Defoe might well start up top with Ade. If he's also out, either Saha to partner Ade or Kranjcar to come in with Bale playing more of a free role up top.

Spurs are tough to take down at home and we looked especially strong defensively against Liverpool.

3-1

Adebayor, Bale, Modric

Ba

Edited by BigDub

Guest CabayeAye

Reckon we might see something like this:

-----------------Friedel-----------------

-Walker---King---Kaboul---Ekotto-

--------------Cisse-Ba-----------------

-Lennon---Modric---Parker---Bale-

Jonas---Guthrie---Perch--Obertan

--------------van der Vaart------------

---------------Adebayor----------------

Santon---Colo----Will------Simpson

------------------Krul--------------------

On the face of it:

1. Lennon, Bale and VdV will throw themselves on the floor for 90 minutes, especially against Simpson, Jonas and Williamson who can be naive enough to sometimes allow cheating fucks to kick them and then fall over. It might be best to play a high line (ooh err!!) in order to keep the diving bastards away from the penalty area, especially with that retarded, blind, biased cunt, Andre Marriner refereeing.

2. Spurs weak point looks to be their defence, especially with the attack minded Modric and the ineffectual Parker in midfield. Cisse and Ba should have King and Kaboul for breakfast. Our best hope I feel, assuming Spurs will get at least two penalties is too outscore them without trying to shut up shop. For this, Guthrie should become the link between defence and attack and we should play quick, counter attackng football, especially since we have a lot of pace out wide and up front and Bale and Lennon will play very advanced.

Still going for a Toon win, I think Adebayor will be in Colo's pocket and provided Marriner limits the shocking, bent decisions to only 2 or 3, we should get a few by punching through their defence with the Dembas.

ineffectual parker?

seriously I know we don't like him but considering the difference hes made to spurs ineffectual is not what Id be calling him

You've lost me there, mind! :lol:

Pistone? Can't think of any players who got called Sandro off the top of my head. Pistone was chicken heart wasn't he?

Sandro man who patronised Oz about how shite English football was. He was humping Marjorie?! Thought you'd have known given Oz's local is the turbinia.

Guest CabayeAye

ineffectual parker?

seriously I know we don't like him but considering the difference hes made to spurs ineffectual is not what Id be calling him

You've been listening to the pundits too much. If you actually watch him play, he's every bit as much of a non-contributor as he was for us.

Unless you think passing the ball straight back to the person who passed it to you is the best thing ever.

Not at all, I'm well aware that he is over rated by the media but on the other hand you're demonstrating nothing more than a backlash against that without considering anything football related.

Like clee stating he'd prefer us to play with ten men than obertan over Ben arfa.

Big showy opinion but the truth is somewhere in the middle as always

ineffectual parker?

You've been listening to the pundits too much. If you actually watch him play, he's every bit as much of a non-contributor as he was for us.

Unless you think passing the ball straight back to the person who passed it to you is the best thing ever.

So they're all wrong and you're the only one who is right (as you're the only one who thinks that about Parker)?

Guest CabayeAye

FFS, has that lad ever make a post where he doesn't show himself up?

Fuck off.

Wind your neck in or go back to N-O.

I say no to N-O.

I have to say that I've been impressed with Parker when I've seen him play for Spurs.

I think the difference is that he's now surrounded by much better players than he was at the toon, so he's not being asked to contribute going forward at Spurs.

It's simple break up play and give it to Modric, Bale or Lennon all of whom are capable of very quickly advancing the play.

His reading of the game seems to have improved as well. He was excellent at Anfield on Monday night.

I'm not the only one who thinks Parker is shite.

You are.

Parker the twirler, most overrated footballer in Newcastle United and England's history. A moderately talented plodder loved by the media.

Guest CabayeAye

I have to say that I've been impressed with Parker when I've seen him play for Spurs.

I think the difference is that he's now surrounded by much better players than he was at the toon, so he's not being asked to contribute going forward at Spurs.

It's simple break up play and give it to Modric, Bale or Lennon all of whom are capable of very quickly advancing the play.

His reading of the game seems to have improved as well. He was excellent at Anfield on Monday night.

I watched that game and I disagree. What he does is break the game up with fouls or dives defensively and offensively he only plays the safe ball backwards or sideways. What makes players like Cabaye so great is their ability to play a killer pass to advance possession 30-40 yards. Parker never even attempts that.

Edited by CabayeAye