Tottenham Hotspur - Newcastle United

Aeris

I have to say that I've been impressed with Parker when I've seen him play for Spurs.

I think the difference is that he's now surrounded by much better players than he was at the toon, so he's not being asked to contribute going forward at Spurs.

It's simple break up play and give it to Modric, Bale or Lennon all of whom are capable of very quickly advancing the play.

His reading of the game seems to have improved as well. He was excellent at Anfield on Monday night.

Absolutely spot on. In a better team than he was here and only given defensive duties. I've said this before but loads of players can play this role (it's essentially a non-footballing role) providing their attitude is right personally and it's echoed by the rest of the team's overall ethic.

Tiote is the same. Massively average 'footballer', massively effective player.

Parker is a huge part of what makes Spurs hard to beat. The purists can like it or lump it, but that has to be your starting point or you're basically wasting your time. Your attacking players soon start to lose impetus when their goals count for fuck all at the end of 90 minutes, match after match. Cheapens their own 'product' and makes them feel like muppets, basically. It's something we've got more wrong than most clubs in the Prem iyam so it's great to see it being addressed.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I've been impressed with Parker when I've seen him play for Spurs.

I think the difference is that he's now surrounded by much better players than he was at the toon, so he's not being asked to contribute going forward at Spurs.

It's simple break up play and give it to Modric, Bale or Lennon all of whom are capable of very quickly advancing the play.

His reading of the game seems to have improved as well. He was excellent at Anfield on Monday night.

Absolutely spot on. In a better team than he was here and only given defensive duties. I've said this before but loads of players can play this role (it's essentially a non-footballing role) providing their attitude is right personally and it's echoed by the rest of the team's overall ethic.

Parker is a huge part of what makes Spurs hard to beat. The purists can like it or lump it, but that has to be your starting point or you're basically wasting your time. Your attacking players soon start to lose impetus when their goals count for fuck all at the end of 90 minutes, match after match. Cheapens their own 'product' and makes them feel like muppets, basically. It's something we've got more wrong than most clubs in the Prem iyam so it's great to see it being addressed.

Agree with most of that but Disagree about tiote. He's a good footballer - a modern holding player because he's skillfull enough to take a player on and pick a pass. Parker on the other hand will win the ball and play an easy short pass to modric or bale for them to start the move.

That's not to say Parker isnt good at that role but he is a limited player. When he had more attacking responsibility playing for us he would inevitably slow moves down dwelling on the ball because of his limited passing range.

I watched that game and I disagree. What he does is break the game up with fouls or dives defensively and offensively he only plays the safe ball backwards or sideways. What makes players like Cabaye so great is their ability to play a killer pass to advance possession 30-40 yards. Parker never even attempts that.

But to break up the game is his job though. Like Tiote that sometimes means using fouls.

You can't compare Cabaye to Parker.

Try comparing Parker to Tiote and Cabaye to Modric.

I watched that game and I disagree. What he does is break the game up with fouls or dives defensively and offensively he only plays the safe ball backwards or sideways. What makes players like Cabaye so great is their ability to play a killer pass to advance possession 30-40 yards. Parker never even attempts that.

cabaye yes

tiote?

Agree with most of that but Disagree about tiote. He's a good footballer - a modern holding player because he's skillfull enough to take a player on and pick a pass. Parker on the other hand will win the ball and play an easy short pass to modric or bale for them to start the move.

That's not to say Parker isnt good at that role but he is a limited player. When he had more attacking responsibility playing for us he would inevitably slow moves down dwelling on the ball because of his limited passing range.

I think Tiote is inclined to try and pick a pass. I don't think he's very good at it though. Does his best work when he keeps it utterly simple.

Agree re: Parker.

I would have thought there is no chance of Ben Arfa starting.

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Obertan Perchini Guthrie Jonas

Cisse Ba

Think we'll be lethal on the break and they will be very very concerned about the Dembas.

Cant wait.

I would have thought there is no chance of Ben Arfa starting.

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Santon

Obertan Perchini Guthrie Jonas

Cisse Ba

Think we'll be lethal on the break and they will be very very concerned about the Dembas.

Cant wait.

Aye this will be the formation, the central midfield is the worry but it's not like we have many options.

surprised we are at 6-1 , not exactly david v goliath, we need perch and guthrie to outperform parker and modric the wings are a worry but we have a new front line . 6-1 taken, 3rd place vs fifth ,hope we beat them to make the stories interesting on sunday

Hopefully we can hold the line. Not a chance of winning. especially when Obertan, Perch and Guthrie are on the field - Hopefully Krul's 'in the game' tomorrow

Although a royal thrashing like back in '96 would be nice!!

Who else deems Parker to be "shite"?

No-one

Edited by SouthernMag

This time tomorrow we could be fourth and closing the gap on third :)

Sort of super-excited about that, even though we're far from favourites for this one. Then again this is the 3rd hardest fixture in the league, so if we lose who gives a fuck.

Its been a long time since ive been looking forward to a game as much as this one. Hopefully the Dembas will be on fire. :nufc:

We're lucky to be where we are. It's all going to go pear-shaped for us from here on imo. Watch us slide down the table and eventually be overtaken by those filthy mackems and finish behind them

Edited by SouthernMag

We're lucky to be where we are. It's all going to go pear-shaped for us from here on imo. Watch us slide down the table and eventually be overtaken by those filthy mackems and finish behind them

u trollin son?

I'd like to say yes