Tottenham Hotspur - Newcastle United

Aeris

When was it when we hadn't won in London for like 2/3 seasons or something. As though London was a place you didn't have to win football games but could still be serious contenders ie. not like it provides anywhere upto 6 Prem away games per season. Jesus wept that was depressing hearing that time after time. I used to just wish one of the pundits would pipe up after a while and say it's not a 'London jinx', it's fucking gutless football.

Was it under Robson before we won 3-1 at Arsenal?

Robert played them off the park if it's the game I'm thinking of.

I think that might have been the one that 'broke the spell'. I just thought that was shambolic though: alright, say Liverpool or Manchester or whatever is a 'jinx', but don't say London is a jinx. London's got 5 Prem clubs this season, other years more. That's not a jinx, that's just fucking horrible away football where you're not safely tucked up at SJP and you just go out and shit yourself.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHat's with the pessimism?

Yeah they're a better side, yeah they'll be at home and yeah we'll be missing key players, but I'm certainly not writing this off.

It comes with age and bitter experience.

How old are you son?

Yeah they're a better side, yeah they'll be at home and yeah we'll be missing key players, but I'm certainly not writing this off.

How old are you son?

:lol:

I was rubbing my eyes trying to figure out why those two sentences were in the same post.

We'll lose this one 2 or 3 nil.

That said, the Spurs fans at work are crapping themselves about Saturday considerably more than they are for tonight's game at Liverpool.

I hate Spurs, always have. Cockney mackems.

Would love to beat them like. Yes, they have an excellent midfield, even though Bale is not the Pele like figure that the press make him out to be (he's good, but not that good) but I've always thought Dawson to be not a great centre half to be honest. Shearer used to rip him a new arsehole every time he played against him.

Did I mention I hate Spurs?

That's refreshing. :)

I think we can get a draw but not anything more. It'll be a tough game & a weakened midfield & shaky defence will make it tougher but I think we can get something.

Haven't won a game south of Wolverhampton all season, in league or cup.

With 5 of our remaining 7 away games further than that, time to break the hoo-do.

Oi statto pipe down with your miserable pish a bit yeah? "Shite crowd, no hope etc... :( "

We've lost 2 in London in the last 12 so pipe down yeah?

Haven't won a game south of Wolverhampton all season, in league or cup.

With 5 of our remaining 7 away games further than that, time to break the hoo-do.

Oi statto pipe down with your miserable pish a bit yeah? "Shite crowd, no hope etc... :( "

We've lost 2 in London in the last 12 so pipe down yeah?

:lol:

My miserblism has served the club well the past 6 months. I'm not stopping now ye fooka. If we're sat 4th on the final day, 3 points clear of 5th and 15 up on goal difference, I'm predicting 5th.

I think it's been said but I also really, really hate Spurs, the team I can appreciate - they play good football but the fans are without doubt the biggest bunch of cunts I've ever come across.

I really feel we can have a go at Spuds for the first time in a few years (away from home that is) - they're a very good side, but while they have the likes of Bale, Modric and Adebayor, we are equipped with the two Dembas (and maybe HBA) who can change the course of the game as well.

Would still take a draw though.

I think a lot will depend on how well we can keep our shape, in the game earlier this season we kept it tight the first half so while we didn't create a lot ourselves we limited what they did too and they only got the breakthrough with a penalty, the second half we went for it a bit more and that was when Spurs are more dangerous, probably more than any other team in the league on the counter.

They had a few good chances to win it when they broke so it's a case of not opening up unless we go behind and being happy if we can walk away with a point.

While we're all being daft and giving serious consideration to 4th, why not 3rd? If we can pull a result out of the bag, it's very possible for Spurs to lose their next 3 games (dippers, us, Arsenal), and for us to win ours (Spurs, Wolves, Mackems).

How old are you son?

A whole 7 years younger than you, old man.

In 7 years time, when we've still won nowt, you'll be as resigned to it as me then ma boy.

I was rubbing my eyes trying to figure out why those two sentences were in the same post.

Really?

I mean there's pessimism (realising the odds are against us) and then there's believing we're going to "spanked" etc. It's the latter more extreme pessimism that I was questioning.

My concern about the Spurs game is our midfield and the ability to cope with Bale's pace and scoring ability. I think the key to getting anything from this match will be to neutralize their engineroom and feed our Dembas.