Romain Amalfitano

Christmas Tree

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't think signing for a big premier league club comes with certain expectations?

Fair enough. Chances are I'm right though.

Tbf, going on recent good signings vs bad signings, chances are you're wrong!

I hope to be proven wrong and if it comes to that I'll gladly cope it or latch onto a youth player, constantly refer to him by his first name and laud over his performances no matter how brief or uneventful. ;)

http://www.nufc.co.u...2281670_2786281

Newcastle United can today announce the signing of midfielder Romain Amalfitano.

The 22-year-old Frenchman will join the Club when his contract at Reims expires on Saturday, 30th June. He will officially become a Newcastle player on Sunday, 1st July. Born in Nice, Amalfitano is a versatile midfielder who is equally comfortable operating on either the right flank or in a central role.

He came through the youth system at Châteauroux before starting his senior career with Evian.

From there, Amalfitano joined Reims in 2010, and has played at the Stade Auguste Delaune for the past two seasons, helping them achieve promotion back to Ligue 1 last season.

Amalfitano, whose older brother Morgan plays for Marseille, said: "I am very happy to be a Newcastle player.

"I have seen a bit of the city already and it is a change from France but one I am really looking forward to.

"When a club like Newcastle wants you to play for them it can only be a good thing. I have taken the opportunity to play in the Premier League and cannot wait to get going."

Edited by donaldstott

Looks good to me. Need a bigger squad for next season and with Marveaux back that's like two signings already really. Hopefully we will do all our work early again.

Mackem's already have a thread on him declaring he's shit, so he's probably world class :lol:.

but they're not obsessed, ok?

Doesn't look like an athlete, does he? Think he'll need to bulk up a bit if he's going to do well in the Prem.

I reckon he'd be handy for the games in Europe alongside Cabaye with Tiote mopping up at the back.

Doesn't look like an athlete, does he? Think he'll need to bulk up a bit if he's going to do well in the Prem.

I reckon he'd be handy for the games in Europe alongside Cabaye with Tiote mopping up at the back.

Could say the same of silva, modric and cabaye though

Could say the same of silva, modric and cabaye though

Don't say it too loud in front of Cabaye though, or he might... push your kid over :blush2:

What's all this bulking up rubbish about? Some of the best players in the league are skinny nowts.

Majority of footballers are skinny but just toned to fuck.

I'm not saying all premiership footballers should look like George Elokobi but you've got to have a certain level of fitness that means you won't be bullied off the ball too easily.

Amalfitano's been playing in Ligue 2 so it's a massive step up to the premiership in all levels of his game. Won't matter so much in Europe as it's often against more technical sides rather than Robert Huth kicking you three feet up in the air on a rainy winter's night in Stoke.

General standard of football looks pretty poor in those clips - weak, underhit crosses bouncing several times across the faceof goal before our lad bundles them in - he's hardly in danger of bursting the net. And the long range efforts are less powerful than my stream of piss yet the go through everyone. Still he obviously knows where the goal is, so there's hope.