Arsenal vs Newcastle Match Thread

TheMoog

But those of us that remained cautious as we ground out results with similar performances are miserable bastards who need to cheer up and concentrate on the positives.

Arsenal are on the back of putting 10 past Milan, Liverpool and Spurs. And we were one twat of a 4th official giving 5 minutes of injury time away from stealing a point off them.

The lack of self awareness in these mood swings from posters who think we're champions league material one week and then require a complete overhaul the next is amusing to follow.

This. It beggars belief that people are up in arms over a defeat away to Arsenal about how are players are all shitter than originally thought.

We're still looking good for a top 7 finish despite a run of tricky fixtures. Take each game as they come and try to get 3 points against Norwich.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beaten by the better side - it hurts by virtue of the fact that we were so resolute for so long in the game and that they scored with virtually the last kick but it's hard to say they didn't deserve the win.

Two things for me:

Koscielny should have been off - Webb absolutely bottled it

RvP showed an abundant lack of class with how he carried on with Krul. Quite how it can be time-wasting when the ball is in play and not in Krul's hands is quite frankly beyond me and there was absolutely no need for his comments to Tim after their winner.

Tiote should be commended for holding up play in the first half when one of their lot got injured. It's barely mentioned in dispatches but if that had been someone from one of those clubs sailing above us in the league we'd never hear the end of it.

Had that very argument this morning. Its upto Arsenal to apply pressure to him if he is doing that!

Simpson spoilt everything, he had a really good game, but the last 5 minutes he just lost it. What the fuck was that pass he gave to Ben Arfa in the right back position, van Persie nearly scored as a result. THEN.....and this is what pissed me off, we had 3 in the box including Shola and Ba, 92nd minute and he fucking keeps it in the corner. The follow on from that was we got a throw in, which he completely fucked up and we lose the game squarely from those decisions. Fucking joker.

Cabaye is playing a role as the anonymous man recently, he is decent, but I'd take 15s for him nee bother at all. Anyway 2-1, with a bit of dignity, but Norwich is now a must win game or our "brilliant season" is going to peter out. Brilliant season - we've only won 4 more than we've lost, its a decent season, not brilliant.

The joy of the goal was only made more amusing by Tim Krul reacting to Robin van Persie, who suggested the keeper, who had taken ages with his goal kicks all night long, wouldn’t be so keen to waste time any more. Krul came all the way out of his goal to confront the skipper who simply laughed at him, which was tremendous. Why Robin got a yellow card I just don’t know but two words probably explain it: Howard Webb.

!!!

I was listening to the commentary on 5 live. Keown was his usual unbiased self. Can sky & bbc not find ex-players without affiliations with clubs?

CT drunk and behaving like a right prick itt - a return to the days before he had his little break over at NO. The fact that he'd love to see Obertan start the next game pretty much sums up what the bloke knows about football.

:lol:

Still gutted about the result, we seriously need a decent CB as Willo (although second half played well) isnt good enough as a relacement for STaylor

the people who said that Williamson is better than Taylor, because he points, was always amusing.

Simpson spoilt everything, he had a really good game, but the last 5 minutes he just lost it. What the fuck was that pass he gave to Ben Arfa in the right back position, van Persie nearly scored as a result. THEN.....and this is what pissed me off, we had 3 in the box including Shola and Ba, 92nd minute and he fucking keeps it in the corner. The follow on from that was we got a throw in, which he completely fucked up and we lose the game squarely from those decisions. Fucking joker.

Cabaye is playing a role as the anonymous man recently, he is decent, but I'd take 15s for him nee bother at all. Anyway 2-1, with a bit of dignity, but Norwich is now a must win game or our "brilliant season" is going to peter out. Brilliant season - we've only won 4 more than we've lost, its a decent season, not brilliant.

agree with all of this. I wondered what Simpson was playing at too on both those occasions. The long season is now levelling out, some players maybe could need a break for a game or two but the overall squad isn't good enough to give them it.

Still gutted about the result, we seriously need a decent CB as Willo (although second half played well) isnt good enough as a relacement for STaylor

the people who said that Williamson is better than Taylor, because he points, was always amusing.

Who said Williamson was better than Taylor?

if someone else said that, you wouldn't have even noticed.

But those of us that remained cautious as we ground out results with similar performances are miserable bastards who need to cheer up and concentrate on the positives.

Arsenal are on the back of putting 10 past Milan, Liverpool and Spurs. And we were one twat of a 4th official giving 5 minutes of injury time away from stealing a point off them.

The lack of self awareness in these mood swings from posters who think we're champions league material one week and then require a complete overhaul the next is amusing to follow.

This. It beggars belief that people are up in arms over a defeat away to Arsenal about how are players are all shitter than originally thought.

We're still looking good for a top 7 finish despite a run of tricky fixtures. Take each game as they come and try to get 3 points against Norwich.

an away defeat to Arsenal is disappointing but they are a good side and have been for many years, who exactly is shitter than originally thought ? Do you think people were thinking some of our players were world beaters ?

I also think you don't detect HF's sarcasm.

before your time son, before your time. I'm not saying anything about the regime not buying a central defender and being happy with Williamson especially with a lot of money burning a hole in the pockets.

Anyway, they have to bounce back on Sunday.

if someone else said that, you wouldn't have even noticed.

I would, and I would have asked them the same question: who said Williamson was better than Taylor?

No-one on this board did. Not one. Zilch.

Dunno if this has been posted anywhere else, but Wilshere's tweet after the match:

Can't say we didn't deserve it! Why is Tim Krul crying as well? Obviously don't know about RVP'S temper! Don't mess with the captain! #AFC

what a fucking bell end. Would loved to have had a Big Dunc type character on the pitch for us last night like at the end. I absolutely hate Arsenal

before your time son, before your time.

:lol: Can we set something up so the clown music comes on when you open a thread to one of this idiot's posts?

I'm not saying anything about the regime not buying a central defender and being happy with Williamson especially with a lot of money burning a hole in the pockets.

Well, you just did :D But it is valid to raise it here given that our £10m signing sat out the entire 90 minutes on the bench and someone like Chris Samba has gone to Russia for a couple million more than that, solely so he can pick up a 100k/week cheque. Bloody annoying.

Edited by Happy Face

The game also saw Gabriel Obertan start the match against Arsenal, and after the pair combined, Ben Arfa and Co set off on a bizarre goalscoring celebration.

Explaining the high jinx, Ben Arfa said: “We did it because when Gabby is out dancing, he does it like a man who can’t walk.

“We were having some fun with him.”

before your time son, before your time.

:lol: Can we set something up so the clown music comes on when you open a thread to one of this idiot's posts?

haven't you inferred in another thread that you want to stop this crap ? Why the fuck don't you do it then ? Stupid cunt.

Wouldn't be so bad if what I said wasn't true about Williamson and Taylor...but it is.

Edited by LeazesMag