Arsenal vs Newcastle Match Thread

TheMoog

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taped this and watched it after work. This thread was funny. :icon_lol:

Honestly thought we played well enough, this is an in-form arsenal side who are smashing everybody of late. We were lucky to get 2-1, but I thought we would keep it tight and snatch the draw. They are such a bunch of tits, we needed Barton to rile them today.

Thought Williamson wasnt that bad after the first goal but hes just making a couple of fatal mistakes almost every match, not getting a cb in january is costing more and more.

I liked the fluent formation, Marveaux on for Obertan or Jonas and we might have had another player who can actually create something. Having 3 mobile players behind Ba instead of Raylor worked well, and i tihnk his injury could have been a blessing in disguise. We defended well in the second half, looked back to our old selves from the start of the season.

Thought Ba's movement was excellent too, there were quite a few times I was screaming for Jonas and Santon to put him through but they just kept the ball and wanked about. He didnt get service today.

Cabaye was really disappointing, the only way he managed to pass it was backwards. I would consider dropping him for a game to give him a kick up the arse. Guthrie deserves a chance.

Really pleased Ben Arfa got the goal, he is a bit easy to breeze past defensively but did well enough. I dont see the huge need for an amazing defensive winger there instead when in reality the options are ordinary Raylor, or even worse defensively Obertan. people saying he was shite is just funny. He showed quite a few good touches apart from his goal. Wasnt amazing but was far from shite.

Obertan had some decent passing in the first half actually I thought. Even though I think he is among the dumbest footballers ive ever watched. Everything he does just seems random.

Jonas is depressing of late, some of those balls in were so poor. I know he had the hardest job of getting past Sagna, but sometimes i wish he would just pass it on quicker, or at least not put in some shitty cross we all know is not gonna fall nowhere near Ba. Would actually consider starting the Ferginator for a game. Jonas always seem to excel when there are players challenging him for his spot. He was very good defensively as usual though.

Krul/Colo - Brilliant as usual, Krul Motm. Hope Van Cunty doesn't bully him out of the national squad.

Ameobi did well enough, had some lazy skills on show. Bit of a stupid sub imo though. I know Pards wanted to hold the ball up, but I think the counter-attacking pace of Cisse would have been more effective, with Ba doing the holding up. every time Ameobi got hold of it he had noone to pass to and was way to far away from the goal.

Pards. Excellent first half. Bit disappointed in the 2nd. Was Santon injured? Would have liked Guthrie on sooner, and for Cabaye who was having a mare instead of Tiote, who usually only gets better towards the end of games, but i suppose its merit to not wanting him to get a second yellow.

Edited by nortoon

calling them names isnt going to help, we were outclassed plain and simple.

Obertan and Cabaye were non existent in the midfield, Obertan was just Obertan, running around like a headless chicken, Cabaye hasnt played well in months. No doubt he puts the work in but his once excellent passing and creative is becoming a distant memory. I would have subbed him for Guthrie and Obertan for Vucic.

The Santon substitution puzzled me as i thought he did ok against Walcot, Perch was good when he came on though.

Williamson must have been given the hairdryer at half time. he was scooping everything up after the break. Simpson was good tonight.

Its a shame but they did play better. The central midfield problem has to be addressed though, and fast.

good summary. Especially your comments about the midfield.

On train going home....best side won we didn't really deserve a point tbh. Battled away but i think Cabaye and Tiote have their eyes on pastures new. They kept the ball away from hba brilliantly in the second half but we didn't do much to force the issue.

Best side won bit of an understatement fucking hell it was most one sided match seen all season with a very funny ending , class hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaah

How old are you?

as old as some on here ?

just got back from pub. Im gutted, not cos we lost but in the manner of it....which, i guess is to be expected.

Fact is that they were the better team on the night. Van Persie is a horrible cunt. One thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner. I lost all respect for him tonight. Wished Krul had given him a dutch kiss.

Juat got back from the game. Yeah Van Persie was a cunt to Krul. But worst of all are the fans. All booing Krul and saying horrible things after the game about him as if he'd punched someones lights out or something. All this after one of the quietest home fan atmospheres ive heard... which they were praising after the game. Fuck me if thats a good one I dont wanna hear a bad

Think Williamson is being overly criticised for the first goal, looks worse because he slipped, but Van Persie's movement and touch was clever and 9 defenders out of 10 in his position would have failed to prevent that goal imo. The damage was done in the build up.

On a sidenote, didn't watch the post match analysis for obvious reasons but I have to say Gary Neville's really growing on me as a pundit, I think he speaks more sense than most.

“Every Monday he [Pardew] comes into work having compiled a defensive report on the opposition. That’s his project, working with our video analysts to provide players with the best information.

“This week, for example, he will talk about Manchester City’s angles of attack, their set-pieces, their movement, as well as focussing on individuals. The lads will be made aware of Dzeko’s strengths and weaknesses, the best way to nullify Silva, Milner’s incredible work-rate, everything.

“That takes care of Monday to Thursday. On Friday it’s my turn when we look at ways to get at opponents. Put simply, Alan concentrates on how not to lose and I then find ways to win.”

scary sh1t

http://www.nufcblog.org/2011/11/carver-on-pardew-and-the-way-newcastle-run-their-week/#.T16UKc5Gxok

CT drunk and behaving like a right prick itt - a return to the days before he had his little break over at NO. The fact that he'd love to see Obertan start the next game pretty much sums up what the bloke knows about football.

Yep, there's some stock of shite in this thread mind. Obertan played well, Ben Arfa didn't track back, Tiote was shit, Ba was shit etc.

What I will say is Willos mistakes cost us points every game atm, regardless of how good he is for the other 89mins. And Cabaye is like a man off since his ban.

Henry Winter at his best....

Arsenal’s captain had been annoyed all game at the occasional time-wasting of Krul, who could not have taken a more languid approach to goal-kicks had he dressed as Noel Coward, donned a smoking jacket and composed some pithy lines while preparing to kick downfield.

:lol:

Taped this and watched it after work. This thread was funny. :icon_lol:

Honestly thought we played well enough, this is an in-form arsenal side who are smashing everybody of late. We were lucky to get 2-1, but I thought we would keep it tight and snatch the draw. They are such a bunch of tits, we needed Barton to rile them today.

Thought Williamson wasnt that bad after the first goal but hes just making a couple of fatal mistakes almost every match, not getting a cb in january is costing more and more.

I liked the fluent formation, Marveaux on for Obertan or Jonas and we might have had another player who can actually create something. Having 3 mobile players behind Ba instead of Raylor worked well, and i tihnk his injury could have been a blessing in disguise. We defended well in the second half, looked back to our old selves from the start of the season.

Thought Ba's movement was excellent too, there were quite a few times I was screaming for Jonas and Santon to put him through but they just kept the ball and wanked about. He didnt get service today.

Cabaye was really disappointing, the only way he managed to pass it was backwards. I would consider dropping him for a game to give him a kick up the arse. Guthrie deserves a chance.

Really pleased Ben Arfa got the goal, he is a bit easy to breeze past defensively but did well enough. I dont see the huge need for an amazing defensive winger there instead when in reality the options are ordinary Raylor, or even worse defensively Obertan. people saying he was shite is just funny. He showed quite a few good touches apart from his goal. Wasnt amazing but was far from shite.

Obertan had some decent passing in the first half actually I thought. Even though I think he is among the dumbest footballers ive ever watched. Everything he does just seems random.

Jonas is depressing of late, some of those balls in were so poor. I know he had the hardest job of getting past Sagna, but sometimes i wish he would just pass it on quicker, or at least not put in some shitty cross we all know is not gonna fall nowhere near Ba. Would actually consider starting the Ferginator for a game. Jonas always seem to excel when there are players challenging him for his spot. He was very good defensively as usual though.

Krul/Colo - Brilliant as usual, Krul Motm. Hope Van Cunty doesn't bully him out of the national squad.

Ameobi did well enough, had some lazy skills on show. Bit of a stupid sub imo though. I know Pards wanted to hold the ball up, but I think the counter-attacking pace of Cisse would have been more effective, with Ba doing the holding up. every time Ameobi got hold of it he had noone to pass to and was way to far away from the goal.

Pards. Excellent first half. Bit disappointed in the 2nd. Was Santon injured? Would have liked Guthrie on sooner, and for Cabaye who was having a mare instead of Tiote, who usually only gets better towards the end of games, but i suppose its merit to not wanting him to get a second yellow.

I watched the game on a stream and on the whole agree with the above.

The only other comment |I have to make and it's not about the team nor the performance was that, I had the sky commentary, and in all my life I've never heard such aload of one sided shite in all my life, it was as thought there were Arsenal stazi police sitting on their shoulders with electric cattle prodders, waiting to fry Dury's and Le tiss's bollocks at the mention of something good for Newcastle.

Edited by south_cheshire_toon

As the coffee works it magic is nice to see that most of my ramblings from last night (if not all) are spot on.

This season has been a very strange one when you look at our position yet compare the way we play.

The facts are this.

Our defence is shit and needs major work.

Our wingers are not good enough and fail to create time and time again.

Our midfield is not firing correctly. We seemed to have taken away Cabayes attacking game and he now sits too deep and looks a shadow of his early season form.

The strike force needs time but cant be criticised due to the lack of chances created for them.

Ben Arfa. Fuck knows. Has magic moments but......

But those of us that remained cautious as we ground out results with similar performances are miserable bastards who need to cheer up and concentrate on the positives.

Arsenal are on the back of putting 10 past Milan, Liverpool and Spurs. And we were one twat of a 4th official giving 5 minutes of injury time away from stealing a point off them.

The lack of self awareness in these mood swings from posters who think we're champions league material one week and then require a complete overhaul the next is amusing to follow.

But those of us that remained cautious as we ground out results with similar performances are miserable bastards who need to cheer up and concentrate on the positives.

Arsenal are on the back of putting 10 past Milan, Liverpool and Spurs. And we were one twat of a 4th official giving 5 minutes of injury time away from stealing a point off them.

The lack of self awareness in these mood swings from posters who think we're champions league material one week and then require a complete overhaul the next is amusing to follow.

I'll not argue because Im sure you have a happy clappy quote of mine stored.

But I think Ive been quite consistent over our worsening position as the season has gone on, performance wise. That shouldnt however detract from being optimistic about where we find ourselves in the league table.

We have also had good reason to remain optimistic given various scenarios.....

IE, Ben arfa coming good, Tiote and Ba coming back from Africa, Cisse fitting straight in, etc etc

All of these however have been damp squibs and havent really gave us the post Xmas kick on I think most of us hoped we would get.

For me:

Cabaye looks tired - It would be interesting to compare Cabaye's opta stats for this game and the game on the first day of the season.

Williamson looks totally out of confidence

*Whispers it quietly* Santon looks positionally unaware

For the winner, Simpson seems to be getting the majority of the stick but there is still an opportunity to stop the goal if its defended properly. Danny Guthrie stops running when he gets in to the box. He must know that Simpson and Ben Arfa have gone walkabout and must see that there are two men over at the back post. It's criminal that he hasn't gone to close them down.

We have also had good reason to remain optimistic given various scenarios.....

IE, Ben arfa coming good, Tiote and Ba coming back from Africa, Cisse fitting straight in, etc etc

All of these however have been damp squibs and havent really gave us the post Xmas kick on I think most of us hoped we would get.

I think Benny's form the last 3 games has been one of the most promising things in only taking 2 points from 9.

I know you think Ba was shite, but his entire function last night was to win aerial duels as we played hoofball again. He won 8 of them. This is equal to the Arsenal back 4 combined - Vermaelen (4), Sagna (2), Koscieny (1), Gibbs (1).

And Cisse has played 3 and scored 2. One a total peach.

You have your let downs and your positives (Obertan?) the wrong way around.

Aye, the Ba shite comment was unfair. I have no problem with Cisse.

What pisses me off constantly is we have a squad of players that should be able to play as a team a lot better than they have.

Regardless of some shortcomings they should still be good enough to play some attractive attacking football and give some of the lesser sides a good pasting.

We cant and its hard to blame Pardew when we are sixth, but we should be able to play better than we do. (based on the season not Arsenal btw).

p6rd1.jpg

Only 3 out of Williamson's 12 clearances were effective, poor.

Shola was 3 out of 3.

And Shola put in more successful tackles in his half hour than Perch, Colo, Williamson and Tiote combined over the whole game.

What a legend

Beaten by the better side - it hurts by virtue of the fact that we were so resolute for so long in the game and that they scored with virtually the last kick but it's hard to say they didn't deserve the win.

Two things for me:

Koscielny should have been off - Webb absolutely bottled it

RvP showed an abundant lack of class with how he carried on with Krul. Quite how it can be time-wasting when the ball is in play and not in Krul's hands is quite frankly beyond me and there was absolutely no need for his comments to Tim after their winner.

Tiote should be commended for holding up play in the first half when one of their lot got injured. It's barely mentioned in dispatches but if that had been someone from one of those clubs sailing above us in the league we'd never hear the end of it.