Arsenal vs Newcastle Match Thread

TheMoog

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

When I see a dull as fuck back and forth like Davey and LM were haven't, where Davey incessantly pushes Leazes for details he's NEVER going to give (because he's not interested in coming to a mutual agreement, he's interested in the argument), then I try to step in like the self appointed (Fish style) Toontastic board of arbitration.

LM was spot on, some people did prefer Williamson over Taylor.

LM was talking shite, no-one booed a 5th place finish.

If it comes across as contrary then it's not intentional at all. I just try to find the details being argued and nip the tedious bollocks in the bud with something more interesting than "fuck off Leazes!" or "answer the question!"

To be fair, I was proven wrong (hey, look at that! I can admit it!) But most of all I just wanted to annoy leazes because I KNEW he had made that statement without checking properly. He just wanted to lord it over people like he had something to prove.

Mind you, bar the vast minority and/or people who no longer exist, you could technically say I am still right ;)

Edited by Davey Dave

It's addictive watching the mong fest on RTG. They have convinced themselves that our goal celebration last night was a dig at Cattermole and is proof that we are obsessed :lol: The irony being it was nothing of the sort and their obsession has reached epic proportions now they have put 2+2 together and come up with 17

I'm telling you guys, RTG is starting to turn from hilarious to really quite disturbing.

What's worse is that I believe one or two on this very forum have declared that it's actually a fair representation of Sunderland fans as a whole. As an OOT, I find that quite hard to believe.

Did anyone notice how very few of our players wanted to pass to Obertan last night? After his first few fuck ups he was screaming for the ball at times but instead people like Tiote would turn and look for another option. Really get the feeling that every other player at the club realises how shit he is as well, and look to not involve him as much as possible.

Still can't get over how he didn't set up Ba at the start of the second half...

Whats more worse about RTG is the amount on here who wont shut up about them. I for one never go on there, I think there are some on here who are as obssesed with what they think than there is on here.

I'm telling you guys, RTG is starting to turn from hilarious to really quite disturbing.

What's worse is that I believe one or two on this very forum have declared that it's actually a fair representation of Sunderland fans as a whole. As an OOT, I find that quite hard to believe.

Haha it's definitely a fair representation of a good proportion of them, there's lads that are realistic though and acknowledge Newcastle are the far bigger club but it's a canny representation of their obsessive element.

Whats more worse about RTG is the amount on here who wont shut up about them. I for one never go on there, I think there are some on here who are as obssesed with what they think than there is on here.

I dislike everything about RTG these days tbh. There used to be some decent craic for an outsider to browse through but it's mong central now. The colour scheme is hideous to boot.

Am I the only one that wondered how a centre half ran the whole length of the pitch to score the winner without being tracked by a forward?

They had a man over as well. Simpson was apparently injured and couldnt get back. We had 4 players at the end of the pitch. Suicidal play.

Am I the only one that wondered how a centre half ran the whole length of the pitch to score the winner without being tracked by a forward?
They had a man over as well. Simpson was apparently injured and couldnt get back. We had 4 players at the end of the pitch. Suicidal play.

thats a load of shite imo laughed when Pardew said it after the game, if you're injured the last thing you do is go that far forward to take a throw in, unless you're a complete moron.

that is right. Although they were the best team, we could have easily got that point with a little more discipline, and discipline and shape are probably the most important thing where defending is concerned as a unit.

Simpson ought to have stayed back and held his position. These things happen, but it cost us a point.

Ball was up their end of the pitch, I figure our boys thought it was so late in the day that they might as well pour forward in the hope of snatching a goal.

Bad call as it turned out but I can sort of empathise with their desperation. Some of our lot looked really, really tired by the end too. No surprise as they'd been chasing shadows for the entire second half. Thought it was strange how we were in the game during the first half but not on their level in the second. Of course they're miles better than we and most other clubs are, but it should have been a bit closer than it was.

Should have been closer than it was? We almost got something from the game and there was a spell in the second half for 15 minutes or so where we looked positive going forward.

We got punished for being too gung ho when we should've been securing the point. Despite all their possession and shots, they hadn't scored for fun like they had against Spurs & Milan; two better outfits than ours.

Ball was up their end of the pitch, I figure our boys thought it was so late in the day that they might as well pour forward in the hope of snatching a goal.

Bad call as it turned out but I can sort of empathise with their desperation. Some of our lot looked really, really tired by the end too. No surprise as they'd been chasing shadows for the entire second half. Thought it was strange how we were in the game during the first half but not on their level in the second. Of course they're miles better than we and most other clubs are, but it should have been a bit closer than it was.

There is no way they had any intention of trying to win the game. They tried to keep it in the corner and failed.