NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Don't we, under Ashley, tend to do our buying at the beginning of the window, leaving our selling towards the end when the prices get sillier?

I'd be surprised if we hadn't bought all the players we wanted within the first week or 2. If we signed de Jong, Debuchy and Douglas, I'd say that was a brilliant window. I'd not be surprised if we went off and signed somebody that few had heard off that actually comes good as well.

I'm not going to believe any deal is done (regardless of which paper is stating it as so) until I see the player in the shirt.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you for real or do you just not read any news?!? I'll assume your not taking the piss, A lot of German papers are saying the deal is done ( German Bild, Magazine Kicker) also French media are not reporting the same ( L'equipe and France Football ) L'equipe are usually very good.

It his new alter ego, contraryrew

It's all transfer gossip man, it's in papers and on websites. 99% of it is bollocks but it gives us something to talk about in the off season. What source are you after? De Jongs mam telling us where he's off to?

anything, owts better than the 8 words that were posted

or can we all do that?

looks like Kruls off to sunderland

It's all transfer gossip man, it's in papers and on websites. 99% of it is bollocks but it gives us something to talk about in the off season. What source are you after? De Jongs mam telling us where he's off to?

Exactly, I assumed we all look at the same sites for news but obviously not. Ill make sure everything I get from sites is now Harvard Referenced.

Point of order: Martins was fucking shit.

At least on par with Asprilla and Kluivert for us, certainly better than Viduka.

Perhaps I should have said 3 decent strikers.

A couple of sources on newsnow say we're in for Junior Hoillet and he's going to sign.....does this lad play on the right or left?...

He can play on both but he is all right foot, would work well cutting in on the left with Ben Arfa doing the same on the right.

I dont read German and French newspapers sorry

Neither do I, but stories get collated and translated and put into our papers and on websites. If you don't know where to get news etc the bbc site is good and majority of our papers have websites etc. loads of sites out there and they may not all be true but it can give us all something to talk about. Edited by 2bias

He can play on both but he is all right foot, would work well cutting in on the left with Ben Arfa doing the same on the right.

I've just seen that too and according to "Duncan Castles of the Sunday times" the Reading owner has met him to discuss terms but he is more likely to come to us. Didn't expect this to be honest, would be awesome.

Latest quotes from his agent confirms he wants to leave and wants to play in a top league, he's also said the style of play and the amount of playing time is more of a factor than money.

So how much playing time is he going to get here and can we offer him a better role (presumably wide left) compared to what Monchengladbach can?

Latest quotes from his agent confirms he wants to leave and wants to play in a top league, he's also said the style of play and the amount of playing time is more of a factor than money.

So how much playing time is he going to get here and can we offer him a better role (presumably wide left) compared to what Monchengladbach can?

I think if Ba were to leave he'd get a lot of game time, If Ba doesn't leave I think he'd still get a good amount of games. I think the fact he is 21 has got to be worth paying the extra couple million, for his age he is very good already.

"Newcastle are a beautiful club. I'm open to anything. We'll see what happens, but there's nothing wrong with listening to Ajax and what interested clubs have to say," Anita was quoted as saying by Ajax Life.

"I will seriously consider anything that comes up. Does it matter to me that Newcastle are not in the Champions League? No.

"However, I'm an Ajax player for now. I'm focusing on Ajax. Newcastle's interest has made me think about a potential transfer, though. It's a sign that I'm on the right track and have to keep this up. I haven't set a deadline for when I want clarity. I'll just see how this pans out."

Baggio, you gonna maintain the OP with comings and goings or can I?

What we got?

Out

Alan Smith

Danny Guthrie

Peter Lovenkrands

Fraser Forster

In

Romain Amalfitano

Is that it?

What we got?

Out

Alan Smith

Danny Guthrie

Peter Lovenkrands

Fraser Forster

In

Romain Amalfitano

Is that it?

Have we signed this Australian guy or was that all bollocks/subject to work permit?

What we got?

Out

Alan Smith

Danny Guthrie

Peter Lovenkrands

Fraser Forster

In

Romain Amalfitano

Is that it?

not bothered about the outgoings so far, guthrie aside.

What we got?

Out

Alan Smith

Danny Guthrie

Peter Lovenkrands

Fraser Forster

In

Romain Amalfitano

Is that it?

You can do it if you like.

Abeid was mean't to be some up and coming superstar was he not? he's made next to 0 apps and he's being linked with moves to the championship?

really not fussed about De Jong if i'm honest

Superstar is going way over the top like.