NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Whilst it's a great policy to have, we've yet to really see any of the youngsters come through and hold down a first team spot.

Sameobi had a few games before he got injured and we tried to push through Vukic before he went on loan. Soopa Shane only appears sporadically too. It looks like we're still some way away from producing a premier league - capable player through our youth set up. Hopefully Tavernier will be given a go and show why he's been so highly rated (I've never seen anything but he seems to be billed as a player with good potential).

Now were in the Europa League I think we will see a lot more of these youngsters getting a chance in the cup games. Apparently Bigirimana is being loaned back to Coventry.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now were in the Europa League I think we will see a lot more of these youngsters getting a chance in the cup games. Apparently Bigirimana is being loaned back to Coventry.

Did Coventry get relegated? If so I see no point in loaning a player who by all accounts, proved himself in the championship, to a team now playing in league 1. Surely that would only stunt his development!

Guest CabayeAye

I'd be chuffed with Debuchy as RB with Raylor and Tavernier as backup. Simpson can't fuck off out of our club quickly enough IMO.

I'd be chuffed with Debuchy as RB with Raylor and Tavernier as backup. Simpson can't fuck off out of our club quickly enough IMO.

You might find that the Debuchy thing is a done deal and Simpson knows it, its often the way....and thats why he won't sign a new contract because he knows he's being replaced.Out of interest whats Simpson done to upset you?...

Did Coventry get relegated? If so I see no point in loaning a player who by all accounts, proved himself in the championship, to a team now playing in league 1. Surely that would only stunt his development!

He is only a development player, playing first team football for another year could help his development more than part time play for us.

You might find that the Debuchy thing is a done deal and Simpson knows it, its often the way....and thats why he won't sign a new contract because he knows he's being replaced.Out of interest whats Simpson done to upset you?...

Nee one seems to like Simpson. Dunno why like, he's not amazing and he does make mistakes but he always puts in a shift. Gets too much grief from people i think.

Nee one seems to like Simpson. Dunno why like, he's not amazing and he does make mistakes but he always puts in a shift. Gets too much grief from people i think.

Agreed, he's nowt startling but we've had a lot worse....works hard, generally keeps it simple and doesnt try to do what's a bit beyond his abilities too often i.e. attacking...

Guest CabayeAye

Never puts a tackle in, can't overlap, can't cross, shocking positionally, shit thow-ins. Oh, and he thinks he is much better than he really is.

Never puts a tackle in, can't overlap, can't cross, shocking positionally, shit thow-ins. Oh, and he thinks he is much better than he really is.

Yeah thats right because we've a long history of fullbacks who can do all that ;)

Seems like a good signing to me. Can't go wrong with young players on small fees. Tons of upside- little downside

Yeah agreed.

Be in the reserves for next season.

I get this. We have a wage structure and a ong-term vision in place. My assumption is that as time goes on, the wage cap increases as does our revenue. It might not lead to glory but it's a respectable way to run a football club- unlike Manchesters, Chelski etc . Don't even get started on La Liga :D

Anyway- time to get in a striker or two, some cover in mid/defense and Debuchy :D

He is only a development player, playing first team football for another year could help his development more than part time play for us.

I'm not saying that we should just stick him in our reserves but surely if he's already proven in the championship, that should be the lowest level we let him play at? League 1 makes no sense at all to me. Especially as we've often sent players to that level and they've never come back and made it with us.

I'm not saying that we should just stick him in our reserves but surely if he's already proven in the championship, that should be the lowest level we let him play at? League 1 makes no sense at all to me. Especially as we've often sent players to that level and they've never come back and made it with us.

It was what was being touted about before he signed but it looks like he is going straight into reserves.