NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we have a rule today where no one posts in this therad unless its NUFC updated news? :lol:

Every time today Ive seen a new posts and thought "oh, is something happening".

I should know better.

From Beeb

We've been given word that, as things stand, it is unlikely there will be any major arrivals at Arsenal before the transfer deadline.

"Reports linking them with a move for Newcastle midfielder Chieck Tiote are wide of the mark, while there have been informal conversations with Chelsea about midfielder Michael Essien - the Blues are open to him leaving on loan - but this move will not happen unless Arsene Wenger changes his mind on a player he has not been tracking."

As someone who always expects the worst of those running the club, I don't expect anyone to leave today.

Departures have always been justifiable on the basis of our high wages and our yearly losses. I've not liked the majority of the departures, nor the generally low quality of replacements which mean half the team are still our Championship players, but I have always accepted the reasoning, while not agreeing with it.

Neither of those justifications can be applicable any more, so if any of our major players go for big money, having not brought in anyone fit to jump straight into our starting 11. Then there can be no defending such a move.

Well then as it stands we've definitely missed a chance.

We are better off than this time last year (Cisse here from the start, Ben Arfa fit & and Anita here) but I dont think it would have cost that much to improve us quite a bit more.

Assuming Sengal beat Ivory Coast (not a given by any means like) we will be left with Shola and kids up front in January unless we act fast. That could completely knack up our season!