mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

but you are comparing bet lynch to SAFC. :) he told club he was innocent :) typical jawdee :) etc, etc.

:lol: Honestly man it's a good thing these mackems are completely wrong, you know Harold Shipman maintained his innocence and pleaded not guilty as well, would Daddy's cock lover have liked that bloke to have been practicing medicine while awaiting trial (presuming of course he was somehow able to post his bail money)? But he pleaded not guilty so why would he be suspended?

Edited by Howay

Nah I'm simply not having that, utter nonsense using that sort of logic.

I'd say ITV/Granada television is a good example, they're also an industry in the public eye and took the correct action of suspending their employees with pay while they awaited trial. How did Johnson, a man charged with serious offences, deserve any more leniency that that? do you not grasp by this point that suspending someone with pay while they await trial is fairly common for this sort of charge? It is also very different to them saying he's guilty.

People have given you two recent examples and you've wrote them off as not credible sources for 'setting employment standards', the Ian Huntley example isn't Ian Huntley setting employment standards is it? I would say it was a government entity, a school, making a decision and yes I would say that is a fairly good representation.

What difference does it make what his family did or thought? that's completely irrelevant. No I wouldn't expect my employer to back me up anymore than saying take time off with pay if I was charged with offences as serious as Johnson, especially if I was in a position where I could repeat the offence, which he clearly was as where did he meet her? at a Sunderland signing event...

The basis of the reasoning you are using is also very shaky, the club suspended the bloke following his arrest under suspicion but then dropped the suspension and allowed him to play after he was charged, that makes no sense if you are going with your logic.

SAFC dropped a bollock on this one, the longer you and other fans keep defending it the dafter you all look. Your club played the cunt to try and save their skin and he definitely helped them do that, it was never about the club protecting his right to a presumption of innocence if that was the case there is nothing wrong with him being paid while suspended, that is the fairest option and the option that covers the club, instead they accepted the risk and have been burnt by it the problem is people like you still trying to defend it.

The man whose daughter this is supports your club, she also supports the club, they had to watch this scumbag play every week while they waited for this case to be brought to court. You're clearly fine with that but you must surely see how many are uncomfortable with it. Suspension with pay is the common method no matter what industry, there is nothing wrong with it and it doesn't infringe on the persons presumption of innocence.

He will get what is coming to him but your club deserves the shite that is getting thrown at it.

Ian huntley :)

And because itv did it , its a standard around the country ? Dont be so small minded. This case has fuck all to do with itv or ian huntley

The club hasnt had any shite thrown at it from what i can see. Most things i have seen is just opposition fans taking the piss and chanting songs etc. Cant really see any shite being thrown at the club from the premier league or police. However, newcastle fans see it on a different angle, comparing him to and his situation to Ian Huntely :) . Now that tells its own story

And because itv did it , its a standard around the country ? Dont be so small minded. This case has fuck all to do with itv or ian huntley

The club hasnt had any shite thrown at it from what i can see. Most things i have seen is just opposition fans taking the piss and chanting songs etc. Cant really see any shite being thrown at the club from the premier league or police. However, newcastle fans see it on a different angle, comparing him to and his situation to Ian Huntely :) . Now that tells its own story

:lol: :lol:

Yes it tells us you're shite at spelling and grammar.

Btw the Ian Huntley and Harold Shipman examples are used because they are extreme, it's to make it easier for you to wrap your head around what we are all saying.

I had a P.E teacher at school who was accused and then charged of grooming and sexual activity with a 15 year old student, he plead not guilty, the girl had left the school at 16 by the time the teacher was charged. The school took the action to suspend him with pay while he awaited trial, he went on to be found guilty of his crimes. So you would have been fine with the bloke just going back and teaching while the charge was hanging over his head? Because that is what you are saying about Johnson, or is a situation where a bloke was being charged with very similar (almost identical) crimes still going to be written off by you?

Oh aye here is a news article about the bloke:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/teacher-jailed-kissing-pupil-cupboard-1417784

It's a standard in the financial services industry and that's without the working with kids angle.

Brilliant :)

The mags turning to Ian huntley to back up the hatred of ADAM JOHNSON :)

Although it is only a select few. So shouldnt tar them all as dopey

Lost the argument so is resorting to pure fabrication

Brilliant :)

The mags turning to Ian huntley to back up the hatred of ADAM JOHNSON :)

Although it is only a select few. So shouldnt tar them all as dopey

Surely this is one of those times that it's not worth the battle? If our club had done the same thing, we'd be horrified. Let's face it, it's not like any of us would be lining up to defend Charnley or Ashley. Sunderland played him as relegation was on the cards, probably against the better judgement of a good number of their staff.

So look, for once, just join the criticism of your club. We've seen RTG, we know some posters on there are saying the same stuff we are (or at least they were until all the threads were wiped out). This is a thing that transcends football, even if only slightly, and we should all be man enough to admit it. It's not that it happened that makes you look 'classless', it's that you've started defending the whole shit show. And you'd say exactly the same thing about us if we started doing the same, situations reversed.

Not remotely surprising is it. If I'm honest I think this just speaks badly of football clubs full stop. I imagine there's a lot of other clubs (basically any who aren't mega wealthy or at least in a very secure league position) that would have done exactly the same thing. Money is the most important thing for 90% of clubs these days. They're all moraly bankrupt.

What utter nonsense trail of logic will the mackems use now? There goes the (already on dodgy ground) they wanted to protect his innocent until proven guilty right defence they've been using up until now.