mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

34 minutes ago, Alex said:

It was the best day of their lives when we went down. I never realised how benevolent they were 

Been said before but some lunatic will state something that's bad for us is likely to happen and the rest will convince themselves that not only is it likely, but a certainty. 

We wouldn't get Benitez 

He wouldn't stay after relegation

He wouldn't get us promoted

He wouldn't keep us up

Bruce would take us down (to be fair this seemed more likely)

There wouldn't be a takeover

The Saudis wouldn't pass O&D

The PL wouldn't let it happen

The Government wouldn't let it happen

The Saudis wouldn't spend money

Howe would take us down

Howe has a terrible record of transfers

No Premier League club would do business with us

No decent player would want to join us

Bruno would flop, Burn is shite, Botman isn't ready for the PL, Isak is too lightweight

We'd need to spend half a billion to get close to European football

The Saudis would leave after a couple of years to buy Man Utd or Liverpool

Shouldn't the giant floating head of Ray Winston be looming above them with the chilling message "When the fun stops, stop"?

• Haha 7

54 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Shouldn't the giant floating head of Ray Winston be looming above them with the chilling message "’Had enough or do you want some more”?

FYP FYP

Edited by Kitman
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

That thread is a treasure trove :lol: 

I’m honestly at a point now where’s I don’t think I want us to get promoted.

We won’t ever break into the top 6 unless there are systemic changes in the football league system, and so I’m enjoying being one of the bigger fish in the pond that is the championship this season where we don’t desperately need to win and losing doesn’t ruin my weekend

Is that the sound of the penny dropping that they’ve finally found their level?

• Haha 5

This conversation with Man City fans definitely took place:

5F25B7B6-28DB-436A-BCAF-357D3280AF86.thumb.jpeg.31ee5e879fe74734854d174f4f0f596a.jpeg
The Blues fans were already jaded by success 9 years ago. With their (at that time) 1 PL title and 1 (recent) FA Cup win. 

• Haha 7

So how did it remain "their club" when a load of Irishmen bought it and then sold it to an American billionaire who then sold it to two southern twats who then sold most of it to a trust fund playboy? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

So how did it remain "their club" when a load of Irishmen bought it and then sold it to an American billionaire who then sold it to two southern twats who then sold most of it to a trust fund playboy? 

Sportswashed 👆

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, NJS said:

I did find it funny when a few were buzzing about a slight increase in the stake for KLD and Sartori the other day. With Donald selling a bit of what he has left to both. How does that change anything? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

This conversation with Man City fans definitely took place:

5F25B7B6-28DB-436A-BCAF-357D3280AF86.thumb.jpeg.31ee5e879fe74734854d174f4f0f596a.jpeg
The Blues fans were already jaded by success 9 years ago. With their (at that time) 1 PL title and 1 (recent) FA Cup win. 

I was just about to quote that very post. This is the follow up. This definitely happened. AFter 2 trophies in their recent history. If you're going to lie, put a bit of effort into it. 

image.thumb.png.cb8a13aa240169ccfe1eb2b486b29f6f.png

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Renton said:

I was just about to quote that very post. This is the follow up. This definitely happened. AFter 2 trophies in their recent history. If you're going to lie, put a bit of effort into it. 

image.thumb.png.cb8a13aa240169ccfe1eb2b486b29f6f.png

Aye. Absolute weapons-grade bullshit :lol: every single city fan would’ve been fucking buzzing at that time. And who could blame them. Just emerging from the huge shadow of their city rivals and had only just started winning things. But for everyone he spoke to it was already routine stuff. 

• Haha 3

Let be honest here, if a random mackem tramp came up to you for a "chat" you'd just agree with whatever the fucker was saying, to get away as quickly as possible from the stench. Let's face it, who what sane person would willingly argue with a deranged tramp.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Let be honest here, if a random mackem tramp came up to you for a "chat" you'd just agree with whatever the fucker was saying, to get away as quickly as possible from the stench. Let's face it, who what sane person would willingly argue with a deranged tramp.

Aye but the conversation still never happened ;) 

• Like 1

When we went up to Glasgow for that pre-season thing in 95 I remember asking a Rangers fan if it was boring to win everything and his reply was to ask if we'd get bored if it was us - don't be fucking stupid being the obvious reply. 

• Like 4

I've no doubt that in the unlikely event that we become a Premier League behemoth, winning major trophies every season, with world class players warming the bench in our world class stadium, we might become a little jaded about a League Cup win. But how far down the line is that frankly unlikely future? 20 years? 30 years?

I don't think anything's going to take the shine off the celebrations that level the city when we win our first trophy, nor our second. 

And those mackems shouting loudest about how any win is tainted, and anyway there won't be any wins, aren't even kidding themselves.