mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I know it's been a shit day/week/month as an NUFC fan but fuck me, I have never seen the Mackems as upset as they are now, including when they were relegated. They are fucking fewming tonight, and now absolutely bricking it over the derby. 

They want to lynch their owner, manager and half their players just a few weeks ago they thought were worth 100 million quid. The "model" is shit apparently too. Oh well, never mind, boo hoo. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Didn't they want shot of Mowbray though? And today they're chanting his name?! Or am I just wrong about that?

Naah, most wanted him to stay, which makes it even more funny. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Didn't they want shot of Mowbray though? And today they're chanting his name?! Or am I just wrong about that?

Give them a little while (I’m thinking a geological period or 3) and they might suss out that the ownership and its ‘model’ is the actual issue. Although they’ll have a problem opposing it whilst not displaying mag-like behaviour 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Naah, most wanted him to stay, which makes it even more funny. 

Aye, most of the mackems at work were all behind him, and thought he'd been shafted by the owners. I'm not sure RTG is representative of all the mackems. However, it is where the most mental ones reside and it provides endless amounts of entertainment, which is especially useful when we're playing away from home, as was the case today :lol:

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

IMG_20231224_111833.thumb.jpg.c77d8d79881aecb32cb220dc24a0d351.jpg

This actually happened. :lol: Here's some old footage of that incident at the monument just before the 15 year old MLF kicked the shit out of the NME which lead to two of them freezing in shock.

I wonder what these people are like to meet in real life. It has nothing to do with them being Mackems either. It reminds me of the IT bloke off The Office. I didn't think people like that actually existed. I don't think I would be able to talk to someone like this without laughing at them. Unless they only save their tales for Internet forums.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I wonder what these people are like to meet in real life. It has nothing to do with them being Mackems either. It reminds me of the IT bloke off The Office. I didn't think people like that actually existed. I don't think I would be able to talk to someone like this without laughing at them. Unless they only save their tales for Internet forums.

Probably your last sentence. :good:

• Like 1

There's a thread here which is oozing with vitriol towards us. Really extreme stuff, the stuff were it not about football would get them added to a terrorist watch list. 

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/a-long-time-since-we-played-the-scum.1622782/

I don't want to talk for anyone else, but seriously wtf man. I don't hate anyone based on their football allegiances. Some of the best people I've ever met have been mackems. There was piss taking, but it never got in the way of friendship. But then, I've also encountered real life MLFs like on the SMB who literally start slavering like a rabid dog when NUFC comes up. Offered me out for a fight based on nowt. 

I like looking on the SMB not because of hatred, but purely because I find them hilarious. The way they are so bipolar, constantly flip flopping, desperate for affirmation (which they accuse us of - wrong - I couldn't give a shit what people think of us).   They are also the personification of the David Brent of football clubs. Sunderland till I die could only have been made about that club. I still laugh when I watch it. :lol:  But hate them, naah, I don't think so. 

• Like 3

My brother is married to a Mackem and I enjoy taking the piss and I also enjoy her family taking the piss. It is funny and the real fun behind a local rivalry.  

I cannot imagine 'hating' a football club or a bunch of people, let alone a bunch of people for the team they enjoy, or suffer,  watching. 

It is just bizarre. 

I put Sunderland till I die on our of curiosity and ended up glued to it. It was just nuts. I have recommended it to friends who don't have any interest because it is about Sunderland and they 'don't care' about them. I have tried to explain that it is fascinating car crash TV but they don't bite haha. I would have been gutted if it had been about NUFC under the Ashley era and I imagine some of the things that went on were probably equally as painful to observe. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

Come on man, nobody acts like that really