mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

11 hours ago, Renton said:

Quite a stunning statistic. :lol:

Maybe the manager isn't the problem, maybe it's something closer to home. :whistling:

Screenshot_20240219_194919_Chrome.thumb.jpg.680c5ba532c0c68984b6be6b5c3db741.jpg

Makes you think 

• Haha 2

Michael Beale has a previously anonymous twitter account from which he has been posting support for..... Michael Beale. Dates all the way back to his time at Rangers, but as recently as last week he was using it to defend Sunderland manager Michael Beale.

• Haha 10

11 hours ago, Toonpack said:

It appears mackems could be descended from native american (Canada) lacrosse players

IMG_4991.jpeg

Well Canada do play in red and white.

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Well Canada do play in red and white.

I bet Mohawk Black Cats will know how that happened. Probably scalped some marras way back when.

• Haha 1

After last night’s results and the Beale debacle they are 7 points off the playoffs and you can get 40/1 for them to get promoted. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Seven points off the playoffs and they've effectively written off the remainder of the season by leaving his assistant in charge. The players must have really hated Beale, otherwise the decision looks even more stupid.

• Like 4

Not sure what the hierarchy are playing at. Backing the players over the manager is straight from the Ellis Short book on how not to run a football club. Sacking Mowbray felt like a mistake at the time but was compounded by Beale’s appointment and subsequent sacking. Surely knocking on the door of the playoffs is doing well considering the extended stay in the third tier and not really spending anything. I suspect KLD is just completely out of his depth but you’d be forgiven for thinking it was a hatchet job with some of the decisions. Speakman seems to be running the show, even though his only previous experience is being in charge of an academy. 

• Like 1

It's not going to get easier for them next year, with them almost certainly losing Clarke which they are over-reliant on. On the other hand, they're experienced at this level so unlikely to get relegated. Just as well most of them don't want to be in the premiership anyway I guess. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's not going to get easier for them next year, with them almost certainly losing Clarke which they are over-reliant on. On the other hand, they're experienced at this level so unlikely to get relegated. Just as well most of them don't want to be in the premiership anyway I guess. 

KLD giving the fans what they want ? 

• Haha 4

It's all part of the plan. 

Establish themselves as great place to farm kids on loan to so that the big clubs like them, that keeps the "Just play the kids" lot happy enough and fuels the delusion that these 'promising stars of tomorrow' may stay to help them get promoted next season, keep cycling through managers so that the failure to get promoted can be spun as an inevitable result of striving to get the best man for the job, sell the kids that show promise to fund the repairs of lifts and turnstiles, rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

Kyril reaction shots:

"But if there's a Championship club that's ambitious...

image.gif.b6010bd2f3c2b821b61d96e9bcca6d90.gif

... wants to work in the right way...

image.gif.f11c2203ee394c70ab7483decb24ba66.gif

.... And be open and honest about things...

image.gif.e2419cdf2b1b57746d3492f6cbc201c9.gif

... I'd love to do that."

image.gif.53c1b6bd93b1d00854f09a96eec6a156.gif

• Haha 11

Their Will Still obsession is weird too, he grabbed news for that unbeaten run and while he’s probably a decent enough manager he’s not done anything incredible from what I can tell, he took over a mid table Reims side and they’re still mid table. He’s probably still out of reach for them mind. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

Their Will Still obsession is weird too, he grabbed news for that unbeaten run and while he’s probably a decent enough manager he’s not done anything incredible from what I can tell, he took over a mid table Reims side and they’re still mid table. He’s probably still out of reach for them mind. 

i see what you did there GIF

• Haha 8