mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

27 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Apparently they'll take Sam Allardyce back as a statement of intent :lol: Completely ignoring the fact he's a money grabbing bastard and would never drop that low.

:D

I’d love to be a fly on the wall for the moment they realise that not even Joe Fuckin Kinnear would drop that low. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:D

I’d love to be a fly on the wall for the moment they realise that not even Joe Fuckin Kinnear would drop that low. 

You never know, when his agent tells him Stewart Donald has called he might feel like he fancies working for the US president.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Apparently they'll take Sam Allardyce back as a statement of intent :lol: Completely ignoring the fact he's a money grabbing bastard and would never drop that low.

:lol: statement of intent

• Haha 2

He’s a truly dreadful manager and a horrible horrible bastard. Hes the sort of manager that ruins a football club: spunking money on old washed up players on massive contracts, playing turgid anti football and hoping to “nick one”, blaming everyone and everything for his own shortcomings, hiding behind stats and pseudo science and hoping no one notices hes as thick as pig shit. And thats before you get into his shady dealings and pocket lining antics, pompous self regard and annoying fucking drone. 

I hold him in the same low regard as Souness, Kinnear and The King. Managers who you know will be an utter disaster for your club before they’ve even turned up. I hope he doesn’t get sacked by Everton as he will ruin them; I’m sure he’d rather have a big pay off and put his feet up for the world cup, the greedy bastard.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I love how, in their head, Sam Allardyce is actually such a MLF when in reality, he's just a greedy bastard who was very well paid to (just about) do a job. Everyone else sees through him but that pack of needy, validation-starved lunatics.

But it all went wrong after he left :lol:

20 minutes ago, Kitman said:

I’m sure he’d rather have a big pay off and put his feet up for the world cup, the greedy bastard.

Bet every time the phone goes he's hoping it's Moshiri giving him the boot. Even when he was being interviewed about his future it was clear he couldn't give a toss about keeping the Everton job. 

Be interesting to see who they replace him with, might they try and tempt Dyche or Howe? I think the latter would be a very good appointment for them and a good step for him. I think he's taken Bournemouth as far as he can and if he could improve Everton and perhaps win them a cup or something then an even bigger job might be open to him, a job that at the moment he's unlikely to be considered for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Bet every time the phone goes he's hoping it's Moshiri giving him the boot. Even when he was being interviewed about his future it was clear he couldn't give a toss about keeping the Everton job. 

Be interesting to see who they replace him with, might they try and tempt Dyche or Howe? I think the latter would be a very good appointment for them and a good step for him. I think he's taken Bournemouth as far as he can and if he could improve Everton and perhaps win them a cup or something then an even bigger job might be open to him, a job that at the moment he's unlikely to be considered for.

They'll still want Silva

It's funny because if you go back to Joe Royle and his 'Dogs of War' when you had the Barry Horne in midfield and then more recently under Moyes where Everton were workmanlike it shows that Everton fans are prepared to accept a style of football which is effective rather than attractive and yet even they won't countenance the idea of watching more of the shit served up by Allardyce. Yet many Sunderland fans have absolutely mythologised him as being the best thing since sliced bread and his leaving for being pretty much the entire reason they are where they now.

52 minutes ago, Alex said:

It's funny because if you go back to Joe Royle and his 'Dogs of War' when you had the Barry Horne in midfield and then more recently under Moyes where Everton were workmanlike it shows that Everton fans are prepared to accept a style of football which is effective rather than attractive and yet even they won't countenance the idea of watching more of the shit served up by Allardyce. Yet many Sunderland fans have absolutely mythologised him as being the best thing since sliced bread and his leaving for being pretty much the entire reason they are where they now.

Apparently he wasn't a long ball manager with them. And he's only got that reputation from his Bolton days. Or he was a Long Ball manager but that's only because of the team he inherited, y'see he's a manager that will play whatever style gets the best out of his team and you'll see that at Everton...

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/everton-talking-to-allardyce-again.1405288/

Only one team played more long balls than Sunderland did under Allardyce.

I’d imagine if you look at the stats at his other clubs it’s a recurring theme.

I sometimes forget just how awesome it was that Allardyce reached the pinnacle of his career and achieved a lifelong dream in getting the England job only to have it ripped from him due to the fact that he’s a dodgy cunt.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I sometimes forget just how awesome it was that Allardyce reached the pinnacle of his career and achieved a lifelong dream in getting the England job only to have it ripped from him due to the fact that he’s a dodgy cunt.

Did he actually manage them for a game?

3 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Did he actually manage them for a game?

I think it was just that - one game

On the negativity from sections of supporters, he said: "It's my job to turn that around, get better results, get better players for Everton and play better, then those fans will enjoy their football a bit more than they are at the moment.
"We've had a good season and the voices, who doesn't get stick as a manager? I think there's only three who haven't had any stick - Jurgen Klopp, Sean Dyche and Pep Guardiola - the rest of us have had it when it's our turn."

Maybe he'd like to think a bit harder on that one.

10 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Aye, a win over Slovenia (I think) in which it took us 90 minutes to get a last gasp winner

100% record as England boss

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

100% record as England boss

And a 'massive lads fan', totally loyal to them, who would love to leave a premiership team and move to a league one side who couldn't be sold and had to be given away in the end.

Edited by Leon
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Only one team played more long balls than Sunderland did under Allardyce.

I’d imagine if you look at the stats at his other clubs it’s a recurring theme.

I have. It is. 

Apparently West Ham, Everton and Newcastle fans are deluded for wanting more than Premier League survival though. 

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

I have. It is. 

Apparently West Ham, Everton and Newcastle fans are deluded for wanting more than Premier League survival though. 

It’s almost as if these fans want to enjoy watching football. The cheek of them!

• Haha 1

I remember reading that for all his sports science bollocks his teams were basically unfit. Don’t know if thats true but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Evertons statistics are grim since he took over. They’re 19th or 20th in the league for things like shots, shots on target, chances created etc iirc. 

They brought him in to stave off relegation, and he’s accomplished that so he sees it as a job well done. The issue is they panicked about relegation far too soon and it shouldn’t have been about bringing in a ‘firefighter’ manager. He came in and managed them as if they were the weaker side every match. He’s now driving Rooney (who iirc is their top scorer) out of the club, for no real reason other than Rooney sees him for what he is. 

As others say there’s a reason this bloke is disliked everywhere he has been. He points to the fact clubs usually go down when he leaves them as if it means it was him keeping their head above water but the reality is he fucking annihalates teams, riddles squads with utter cloggers who can only play one way and it’s a fucking mess when he leaves. If Everton don’t get shot of him ASAP their ownership is fucking mental. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kitman said:

I remember reading that for all his sports science bollocks his teams were basically unfit. Don’t know if thats true but it wouldn’t surprise me.

I’ve always thought he did that for show anyway, so that if anyone called him a dinosaur he could point to these modern techniques he’s using. The reality is it’s a further drain on clubs he leaves as they have to get rid of a really extensive and unnecessary back room staff. 

• Like 1