mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Just now, ewerk said:

Explain to me how FFP would restrict our spending.

We are only allowed to spend c£5m more than we earn in a rolling 3yr period, but if we've an owner who can cover it we can make losses of £35m. We took a hit in our relegation season so that will impact what we earned in that 3yr period. 

Just now, The Fish said:

Even if they shift Kone and Ndong etc.?

What are they worth? Especially Kone given his performances for the last 12 month. They spent about £1.5m of the money they got from Pickford, if their financial situation was dire enough that he couldn’t divert £10m of that to player sales in the summer I can’t see them spending all of the proceeds from January sales. 

Even if they do spend any money they get from them two they’re standing still, not improving. They’d be losing who I assume is their best midfielder and defender (I haven’t seen any of their games besides highlights) so any spend would have to replace them before improving in any way. 

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I'm not a vocab charlatan so it might appear so old bean, I'm surprised you even go on RTG anymore after you got caught completely misusing a word nobody had heard of.

You're not a vocab charlatan, that's for sure. You are an extremely odd little man though. Following me round the internet trying to make out that I'm being wildly unreasonable, when really I'm being quite sensible with both my opinions on the potential new owners and Sunderland's chances of survival this season.

Why don't you make another strawman, that seems to make you happy?

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

We are only allowed to spend c£5m more than we earn in a rolling 3yr period, but if we've an owner who can cover it we can make losses of £35m. We took a hit in our relegation season so that will impact what we earned in that 3yr period. 

And there are also no PL punishments for exceeding FFP rules. UEFA punishments are merely a slap on the wrist. We could easily flout them.

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

What are they worth? Especially Kone given his performances for the last 12 month. They spent about £1.5m of the money they got from Pickford, if their financial situation was dire enough that he couldn’t divert £10m of that to player sales in the summer I can’t see them spending all of the proceeds from January sales. 

Even if they do spend any money they get from them two they’re standing still, not improving. They’d be losing who I assume is their best midfielder and defender (I haven’t seen any of their games besides highlights) so any spend would have to replace them before improving in any way. 

Getting shot of Kone and Ndong and replacing them with commited grafters won't propel them up to midtable or anything, but it may well be enough to keep them up. And frankly, if they don't spend a fair amount, it's a tacit resignation to relegation. As bad as Moyes' declaration early doors last season.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

And there are also no PL punishments for exceeding FFP rules. UEFA punishments are merely a slap on the wrist. We could easily flout them.

Do other Premier League clubs flout the FFP rules? I can't imagine the various arsehole who own clubs being bothered about slaps on the wrists if it meant their club could compete?

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You're not a vocab charlatan, that's for sure. You are an extremely odd little man though. Following me round the internet trying to make out that I'm being wildly unreasonable, when really I'm being quite sensible with both my opinions on the potential new owners and Sunderland's chances of survival this season.

Why don't you make another strawman, that seems to make you happy?

Oh I don't follow you around, more you infiltrate my usual haunts posting cringeworthy shite in the belief that peppering it with a few fancy words somehow validates your opinions. It's needy as fuck using some of the words you use. You must KNOW that 95% of readytogo won't know what they mean so that makes me question why you persist. Some sort of subconscious desire to be seen as intelligent. Cock.

21 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You can't be this dense?

No doubt the Quiff has his obsessions with taking shots at certain posters, but he's not the one looking silly here. ;) 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, adios said:

No doubt the Quiff has his obsessions with taking shots at certain posters, but he's not the one looking silly here. ;) 

It's just bizarre behaviour, and not unlike Stevie's carry on if you ask me.

I honestly think people see the poster and react to that before they read what I've actually said. e.g. is it more or less likely that we're going to be turned into a footballing behemoth by some megarich owner?

Is it entirely unreasonable to suggest that Sunderland should have enough about them to survive this season?

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Getting shot of Kone and Ndong and replacing them with commited grafters won't propel them up to midtable or anything, but it may well be enough to keep them up. And frankly, if they don't spend a fair amount, it's a tacit resignation to relegation. As bad as Moyes' declaration early doors last season.

I’m not disputing that what you’re saying would be their best shot at staying up, I just don’t see them doing it. I think Short is out of his depth, has no idea what to do, and the financial situation is dire. 

If the reason he didn’t spend in the summer was because he thought they’d survive comfortably then I could see Short being daft enough to think a meager spend would have them survive. 

I just simply think they’re gone, I think Short is perhaps even at the point of just accepting it, we’re almost a week into the window and I’ve barely heard anything from them other than players possibly leaving. 

Anyway im off to work. I guess we’ll see which way Short goes, I think it’s a fairly big struggle even if he does go and spunk 20-30m as Coleman is useless in all. 

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Oh I don't follow you around, more you infiltrate my usual haunts posting cringeworthy shite in the belief that peppering it with a few fancy words somehow validates your opinions. It's needy as fuck using some of the words you use. You must KNOW that 95% of readytogo won't know what they mean so that makes me question why you persist. Some sort of subconscious desire to be seen as intelligent. Cock.

Dave sorry him use big words. Dave use Quiff words now.

Tedious waste of cocksnot

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's just bizarre behaviour, and not unlike Stevie's carry on if you ask me.

I honestly think people see the poster and react to that before they read what I've actually said. e.g. is it more or less likely that we're going to be turned into a footballing behemoth by some megarich owner?

Is it entirely unreasonable to suggest that Sunderland should have enough about them to survive this season?

I'm not really into bashing posters these days but he's hit the nail on the head with a couple of his comments.

Of course people react to the poster at least as much of the content, but they didn't pick their impressions up off the ground.

Took me a while to figure out that thompers somehow turned out to not be a total mong, for example.

1 minute ago, Howay said:

I’m not disputing that what you’re saying would be their best shot at staying up, I just don’t see them doing it. I think Short is out of his depth, has no idea what to do, and the financial situation is dire. 

If the reason he didn’t spend in the summer was because he thought they’d survive comfortably then I could see Short being daft enough to think a meager spend would have them survive. 

I just simply think they’re gone, I think Short is perhaps even at the point of just accepting it, we’re almost a week into the window and I’ve barely heard anything from them other than players possibly leaving. 

Anyway im off to work. I guess we’ll see which way Short goes, I think it’s a fairly big struggle even if he does go and spunk 20-30m as Coleman is useless in all. 

I see them spending enough to stay up, even though their financial position is poor, I still think they've more money than Barnsley, Burton,  Bolton etc. If they don't bring anyone in, lose Grabban and sell Kone/Ndong, then of course they'll go down.

2 minutes ago, adios said:

I'm not really into bashing posters these days but he's hit the nail on the head with a couple of his comments.

Of course people react to the poster at least as much of the content, but they didn't pick their impressions up off the ground.

Took me a while to figure out that thompers somehow turned out to not be a total mong, for example.

Which comments? That I'm trying to somehow curry favour on the Sunderland board by not getting carried away about our potential new owners? :lol: 

It's close but I think I get more abuse on there for my fairly middle of the road views than I do here.

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

:lol: You actually believe it makes you come across as intelligent don't you?

I don't think my choice of words is anything but a choice of words. You seem awfully upset by it all though, so, might I suggest popping me on ignore? When I see something that annoys me on television, I turn over, when I hear a song I don't like I change station, why let it bother you?

I hate to break it to you, but you're just some random angry kid on the internet, I'm not changing how I type because you've been upset by it. 

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't think my choice of words is anything but a choice of words. You seem awfully upset by it all though, so, might I suggest popping me on ignore? When I see something that annoys me on television, I turn over, when I hear a song I don't like I change station, why let it bother you?

I hate to break it to you, but you're just some random angry kid on the internet, I'm not changing how I type because you've been upset by it. 

Some awareness that you're talking to football supporters and not chatting Susie Dent up would be a sign of intelligence imo. Just trying to give some constructive criticism, because I care. 

Back on topic your opinions re: the takeover and Sunderland are just safe positions though aren't they? Sunderland stay up then you're right. They go down then great. New owners are average then you're right. Anything more then great

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I thought Sunderlands issue was as much about financing their external debt as it was about FFP. And didn't the football league punish QPR for overspending?

Two conversations I think. Ewerk was asking how FFP rules would impact us. 

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Some awareness that you're talking to football supporters and not chatting Susie Dent up would be a sign of intelligence imo. Just trying to give some constructive criticism, because I care. 

Must football supporters have a limited vocabulary? 

Howay then Quiff, if you're honest, are my positions (no Abramovic/Mansour style evolution for us I'm afraid & Sunderland should survive) wildly unreasonable? 

I didn't realise you guys were actually fighting tbh, I actually think you both have a certain comedic chemistry.

I think you both have each other's numbers tbh, quite possibly literally ;)