Newcastle United Player of the Season 2011/2012

Gene_Clark

Frankly, I suggest that whenever there is a poll available for this, people vote for "all of them."

I can see arguments for Krul, Colo, Tiote, Cabaye, Ba, Cisse & Ben Arfa (with recognition of prior efforts by both Taylors, as well as Guthrie, Best & Simpson for sterling graft).

However, to avoid us being a team of egotists again, the winner(s) must be .... the entire squad.

I think its been a great effort by all, from players to backroom staff.

If I had to pick a top 3 it would be.

1. Krul - Stepped up the level and more to become a top Prem keeper. He has won us many points this season.

2. Cabaye - Slotted in like a seasoned Prem player. The two assists today show how valuable he is too us.

3. Colo - The rock at our defence, need we say more.

Tough one like, so many have stood out this season. Without looking that those who havent really played the full season (recent headliners like Perch, Cisse and HBA) I'd likely go for Krul as well. Just consistent though Colo cant be far behind. Aye, Id say Krul as I cant recall him having a dip in form etc.

It's ironic in the sense that Hughton did everything to have a team that joined together, but failed because of Nolan, Barton, Smith & Harper's egos (while the 4 of them ostensibly stood together as the saviours of our club).

Pardew has arrived from nowhere & got that unanimity of purpose from the squad this season; consequently, give the lot of them a pat on the pack.

Honestly can't pick one player above all the others.

Ba at the start of the season was a goal machine but he's still just as effective in his deeper role.

Krul has been a rock at the back and has turned into a keeper a good number of us never thought he was capable.

Colo has been absolute class, and his role as captain has obviously been key.

Jonas hasn't stopped grafting and has filled in several positions effectively. I'm a big fan of the guy.

I think I'd have to go with Colo though as he's just been imperious for us all season. Magnificent player. If HBA had been putting in levels of performance that matched the last 4 games over an entire season though then he'd be my undoubted player of the season.

Guest CabayeAye

Most talented player: Ben Arfa

Most effective player: Cissé

Most important player (this season): Krul

Ba and Cisse have put in 2 of the best half seasons I can remember from a striker. Krul and Colo have kept it up for the full season though so it's between them 2 for me.

Ben Arfa and Saylor both had pretty immense runs in the team as well. And Shola has looked a better player this season than ever before

Guti definitely deserves some kudos. His workrate is excellent. Krul and Colo have been critical to our success. Also, the likes of Cabaye and Tiote have been good. Then there's Guthrie, Raylor, and Saylor who should not go without mention. And if Ben Arfa had played more games he'd be in the mix too. But all in all I think Ba deserves player of the season firstly for his goals but also for his workrate. For a striker he works very very hard.

But for me if Ba scores a few more goals before the end of the season I don't think there should be much debate.

Great that this is a tough choice for all the good reasons.

Krul and Colo were the core of the side so critical in laying the foundation for our great start to the season, so it would have to be one of them. Most likely Coloccini.

Guest CabayeAye

Alan Smith, for leaving.

We're still paying his wages til the end of the season. The cunt is still fleecing us, despite being exiled.