Newcastle United v Stoke City

Christmas Tree

I know its a fortnight away but as Im on a winning streak of match threads thought it best to get this one started.

Anyway, we could have most wounded back for this one and even have Marveaux on the bench.

Its also the last home Saturday game of the season.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're going to be set up to kick us off the park.

I can see it already - a piss poor ref who will bottle getting any cards out whilst Shawcross lunges in two-footed on Ben Arfa as he's skipped past.

Delap to hoy it onto Crouch's head for the twat to score no doubt.

Should be a guaranteed 3 points.

However I am concerned as to what our injury list will be like come the end of it. Fully expect the likes of Shawcross, Wilkinson, Huth, Walters, etc to kick lumps out of HBA, Cisse, etc.

Were a home though so hopefully the ref will be less inclined to letmthem off with their usual bollocks

If its just bumps and bruises though (hopefully) we've got another full week off before Wigan, 2 games in 3 weeks will be vital to our run in giving our little squad a chance to recuperate

Next two are must-wins. The game at Stamford Bridge is very much a six pointer and so long as we prevent a Chelsea win, I'll be happy.

So long as we match their results in those 5 games we'll finish ahead of them - massive achievement when you consider the comparative budgets / setups / expectations.

Guest CabayeAye

More piss taking please.

Would it be against the rules to have a few hair dryers lying around the pitch?

That would be epic! We need to play Raylor simply because he can easily throw it further than Delap, but is an actal footballer too!

On our run in:

If Liverpool get knocked out by Everton, we'll have the chance to play Everton only days before their FA Cup final.

We also have ManCity at home who'll have nothing to play for.

With Chelsea, I fancy us to get a draw at least, but their fixtures are Spurs(a), Barca(h), Arse(a), Barca(a) & home to QPR on the Sunday, before playing us on the Wednesday.

win this and the fulham game and it's all set up for a barnstorming end to the season, three tough fixtures to close it but what an opportunity we'd have, especially if spurs keep dropping points.

win this and the fulham game and it's all set up for a barnstorming end to the season, three tough fixtures to close it but what an opportunity we'd have, especially if spurs keep dropping points.

fulham?

fulham?

i meant wigan

They've had a poor 2012. We've got a better 1st team and if we're up for it and fit I think we should beat these comfortably. However, they will put their foot in and we really don't want to pick up any injuries.

DANNY GUTHRIE is hoping to provide Alan Pardew with a big boost ahead of Newcastle United's clash with Stoke City in nine days' time.

Guthrie was ruled out of the 2-0 win at Swansea City and also missed the Easter Monday victory over Bolton Wanderers.

But the former Liverpool man is hoping to shake off a calf problem to star against Stoke City.

He said: “I knew I’d miss the two over the Easter weekend.

“I had a little niggle in my calf which they said would take 10 days to two weeks to heal.

“There’s no game this weekend. It means I will get a good week of training.”

United are also hopeful of having Cheick Tiote back and available for the arrival of Tony Pulis’ flagging Stoke.

The Potters have played more than 50 games this season due to their Europa League involvement. Tiote came off at half-time with a recurrence of a hamstring problem. It meant that James Perch took his place in the team against the Trotters in a midfield role, with Shane Ferguson also getting more pitch time during a reshuffle.

Now Guthrie is hoping to be involved in the run-in.

And he knows it’s crunch time.

He said: “It’s a big five games for us, our season is far from finished.

“Every game we seem to be saying this is ‘big one’ but that’s what it is like at this stage when you’re challenging.

“To be even mentioned with challenging is a credit to everybody involved at the club.”

Next two are must-wins. The game at Stamford Bridge is very much a six pointer and so long as we prevent a Chelsea win, I'll be happy.

They've got to play Arsenal before us, not sure if I want a draw to reign Arsenal in a bit or a Chelsea loss and accept that there's only one CL place up for grabs. Either way, one of them is going to drop points :)

We need to beat 2 out of the 3 though. The way Arsenal are playing I can't see them getting anything but 3rd. Rather they win and we stay on top of Chelsea. We get EL football even if we lose the Champions league qualifying round ye?

Stoke shouldn't be too bad, they've got nothing to play for and are pretty crap anyway. Glad it's at home though.

I was quite happy with our run in up until yesterday... Man City have something to play for again (unless they lose somewhere in the next few games) so they'll go all out. Liverpool are going to get destroyed by Everton in the FA semi meaning that the 6th place Europa spot will go to them rather than 6th place. Meaning that us and Chelsea have to duke it out for fifth. If Spurs lose again, it might convince me that we can get 4th, but otherwise, I'm not sure I see them slipping.

Also a bit worried about playing Wigan now...

We need to beat 2 out of the 3 though. The way Arsenal are playing I can't see them getting anything but 3rd. Rather they win and we stay on top of Chelsea. We get EL football even if we lose the Champions league qualifying round ye?

Yeah I see your point. But if Arsenal only get one point and we win it keeps it to needing to beat 2 out of 3. If Arsenal win then we need to beat 2 out of 2 because Aresanl will pretty much wrap up 3rd spot. I can't really see Arsenal slipping from third myself but if they drop points against Chelsea and then the next week and we win the next two then you never know.

I think with the EL if we lost the CL qualifying round we'd go straight into the group stages for the EL. Don't quote me though.