Newcastle United v Stoke City

Christmas Tree

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect first half. Ben Arfa is like a magician at times. And Cabaye is upping his performance to xavi-like lately. What a team we have, hopefully the surly stoke players wont try to injure anyone.

One of the most controlled and cutting 45min this season. Consumate.

:aye: Good dominant 1st half, making sure we're limiting any set pieces for them in the final 3rd and very clinical up their end.

We need to keep pushing in the second. No tappy tappy at the back for the sake of it as that could lead to one of those jekyll and Hyde performances.

Cisse's runs are mental. We've made short work of them so far & we've took our chances.

Hopefully we keep it up & don't go to sleep.

Perhaps the R's can do us a favour tonight?

Stoke are sitting so deep with such fear and apprehension they're gonna need oxygen.

Nervous as, huge part of that is Ben Arfa. Ba and Cisse are also looking for dynamic quick touches. Jonas lpoking good in the middle also but playing third fiddle behind the Frenchmen.

Full strength side and the confidence is flowing. Great performance. Got to feel slightly sorry for perch. He's done nothing wrong, been a standout player in recent games but finds himself on the bench. I never thought I'd say that. And I never thought Perch being dropped would be a sign of the increasing strength in our squad. Good stuff.

How will Spurs react if we hold on to this result? Will they bottle it at qpr? I fucking hope so.

Definitely onside there like?!

Looked just ahead on the replay (if you're talking where he bundled Ba's parried shot into the net).