The Put Leazes On Ignore Thread

Gemmill

Ignoring won't work when threads go down their predictable route for pages, and pages, and pages with people quoting him.

The "we can't ban him because people disagree" angle doesn't really sit well with me either. People don't take exception to his opinion. That's why nobody is calling for his little sidekick from the midlands to be banned.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, the issue isn't that he has a different opinion, it's that he's effectively a forum virus.

I would go with that. It has nothing to do with his opinion it is the way he puts it across.

I wont put him on ignore. But the whole thing is really doing my head in.

I have tried to engage in debate with LM recently and tbf when he gets the pettiness and side swipes out of his posts, they can make for decent discussion. However, it does become enfuriating when points you make are twisted or ignored and he does into a single minded approach where your point is not addressed but a standard reply is almost made. This standard reply singing the exact same tune is then spread over every single fucking thread. LM, it is when you do not take an active part in the discussion but mearly almost copy and paste your opinion and post from every other thread into another. Knowledge of the past is undeniable, but ability to engage in positive forum discussion without being petty is non existent.

I say yesterday and answered every single question you asked of me. Every one. Every point made I replied to. I then asked you to answer one. Just one question without twisting it and I asked for a simple 1) or 2) answer and you couldnt even do that.

You (LM) have bleated on about Gemmill and his opinion of Souness. I was so fucking sick of reading it I even went off myself and read loads of old Toon-chat posts from you and him and not once did I read anything to back up your point. But, what I did notice is what a much better place the forum was at that time. Mostly because every thread did not boil back down to the same fucking thing of your bleating on about how much you hate MA (or is he called "your man???" as you always seem to put in an effort to point score) and about how much that means everyone hated Freddy Shepherd.

I have said time and time again and I know 100% I am right. No one fully support MA 100%. No one is against what SJH or FS done 100%. Everyone can see the good the previous ownership done for the club and also recognise there were some bad in that. Everyone can see the good MA has done and is doing now and also recognise the fucked up things he has done. Everyone is fucking over the moon with where we are right now waaaaay beyond any expectations for t his season.

You go on and on about "how people cannot understand simple football logic" and yet I cannot understand how you cannot see that everyone pretty much has a balanced view. Like I have said many times, peoples points are not black and white, all of one or another. they are all shades of grey.

There is no team positive or fucking negative. there is no Ashley camp. There is no "your man". There is no "Boo when in 5th" people. And so on. These are things in your head you refer to to try and support your argument that would be much better if you posted in a more reasonable reasoned manner. There are just different opinions and sliding scales.

I know it is not all one sided. I know people give you as much as you do them. But I can clearly see how they are driven to such a place.

I'll still not put you on ignore though you mad bastard. :)

Pretty sure it was TS that wrote a class post on here which he was accused of being a hippie for. You know things are bad when even the hippie tires of live and let live. ;)

NO don't always get bannings right, but they got it right when they banned him. FACT. Cos as sure as eggs is eggs, he would STILL be doing over there what he's doing over here if they hadn't. But they killed the virus. It's been going on for YEARS. YEARS MAN.

Really didn't want to put him on ignore as I don't even disagree with a lot of what he says, it's just that he keeps saying it, in every thread that gives him even the most remote opportunity to bring up his favorite topics. So there we go, on ignore for the time being anyway. I have to say the forum was much more enjoyable for that brief period when he wasn't here.

Thing is, when I first joined this forum a few years back he wasn't like this. He was to some extent but it wasn't quite as bonkers/constant.

instead of 'putting' him on your ignore list,

why haven't those who are narc'd off with him tried not responding to him before this? I haven't been a registered member on here long, though Ive come on here to see what fellow toon supporters feel on match day threads etc. for the past year. In the past month or so, I cannot seem to find a thread where there isn't some sort of OTT baiting and bickering from people. It gets in the way of any actual decent discussion that may be developing. I find it hard to fathom that a lot of grown men, who are clearly intelligent and aware of what is going on, cannot seem to say 'fair enough, whatever.' And just ignore whoever you think is talking utter bollocks. I don't see how it needs an official 'ignore Leazes thread'... if he offers you bait, don't bite?

I actually don't agree with the OOT bollocks myself. People are entitled to their opinion from any perspective. I actually welcome support from far afield and welcome people to support our club, not take a guarded stuck up view that it should be us and no one else.

I agree though that unless you live in the area you maybe don't get wrapped up in the day to day living of the club where you talk about it every day to work people or customers etc.

That doesnt devalue opinion though and in fact helps give different perspective.

Also couldn't care if someone goes to games or not. Doesn't mean their opinion is any less worthy.

Far to sensible at times me like ;)

Bit childish this like

Of course with that said there's been a fair bit on both sides of this saga of late...

quiet armchair penis!

Bit childish this like

Of course with that said there's been a fair bit on both sides of this saga of late...

quiet armchair penis!

Lol, don't make me bring back the avatar!

I have tried to engage in debate with LM recently and tbf when he gets the pettiness and side swipes out of his posts, they can make for decent discussion. However, it does become enfuriating when points you make are twisted or ignored and he does into a single minded approach where your point is not addressed but a standard reply is almost made. This standard reply singing the exact same tune is then spread over every single fucking thread. LM, it is when you do not take an active part in the discussion but mearly almost copy and paste your opinion and post from every other thread into another. Knowledge of the past is undeniable, but ability to engage in positive forum discussion without being petty is non existent.

I say yesterday and answered every single question you asked of me. Every one. Every point made I replied to. I then asked you to answer one. Just one question without twisting it and I asked for a simple 1) or 2) answer and you couldnt even do that.

You (LM) have bleated on about Gemmill and his opinion of Souness. I was so fucking sick of reading it I even went off myself and read loads of old Toon-chat posts from you and him and not once did I read anything to back up your point. But, what I did notice is what a much better place the forum was at that time. Mostly because every thread did not boil back down to the same fucking thing of your bleating on about how much you hate MA (or is he called "your man???" as you always seem to put in an effort to point score) and about how much that means everyone hated Freddy Shepherd.

I have said time and time again and I know 100% I am right. No one fully support MA 100%. No one is against what SJH or FS done 100%. Everyone can see the good the previous ownership done for the club and also recognise there were some bad in that. Everyone can see the good MA has done and is doing now and also recognise the fucked up things he has done. Everyone is fucking over the moon with where we are right now waaaaay beyond any expectations for t his season.

You go on and on about "how people cannot understand simple football logic" and yet I cannot understand how you cannot see that everyone pretty much has a balanced view. Like I have said many times, peoples points are not black and white, all of one or another. they are all shades of grey.

There is no team positive or fucking negative. there is no Ashley camp. There is no "your man". There is no "Boo when in 5th" people. And so on. These are things in your head you refer to to try and support your argument that would be much better if you posted in a more reasonable reasoned manner. There are just different opinions and sliding scales.

I know it is not all one sided. I know people give you as much as you do them. But I can clearly see how they are driven to such a place.

Cracking post that like JawD

As has been said, it's not his opinions that boil the piss- I actually agree with some of what he says ( NUFC being bought as an advertising vehicle for Shite Direct , as an example), it's the relentless, pointless, repetition of the same old shit which ruins discussion on here.

I stopped posting in the Football section ages ago, mainly because of this.

Your point about how you answered every point he raised yesterday , but simply ignored your very easy question sums up the entire problem.

Cracking post that like JawD

As has been said, it's not his opinions that boil the piss- I actually agree with some of what he says ( NUFC being bought as an advertising vehicle for Shite Direct , as an example), it's the relentless, pointless, repetition of the same old shit which ruins discussion on here.

I stopped posting in the Football section ages ago, mainly because of this.

Your point about how you answered every point he raised yesterday , but simply ignored your very easy question sums up the entire problem.

only goes to prove you didn't read my response, but others don't either as they say the same thing. If its the post I'm thinking of, which I've just looked back at.

I made a token answer then said I would answer the rest tomorrow, as I was going to the pub. That is for Gejon, who appears to think going to the pub is something only done by scruffy cunts/working class/lower classes .... etc..... I don't know, I'm guessing, I don;t know why anybody thinks there is something wrong with going to the pub, unless you are a big tart or something.

Anyway. As I've tried to explain earlier, whatever people think, I consider that I do answer questions. The problem is people ask me the same questions. Hence they then complain all my posts are the same when I do answer and then complain when I don't answer. It would be nice if the same urge to see a reply were directed at Gemmill and mancmag particularly, when I have asked them to explain like adults what exactly it is that they are rubbishing about what I've said for years, when I laid it out specifically.

Not really surprising that they still don't reply. And not really surprising that Gemmill has been back into this thread, behaving like a juvenile again, for someone who wants to ignore me, he isn't half obsessed with it all. As Armchair Pundit says, very childish. He really can't help himself can he. Poor little diddums.

I forgot about JawD's post, as I respect the fact that he is attempting to behave like an adult and is actually attempting to engage a debate rather than make the usual deluded standard response about the clubs future in the next year or two, I will get back to it tomorrow and try to remember. I don't know what to say, but I'll have a good read and think about what to say.

Apology accepted MF.

Hopefully, those who ignore me are the people who can't accept I'm not deluded like they are, and those who want to engage good debate do so, rather than have to read the childish interjections from the more immature posters who appear to have no wish to say anything else.

Edited by LeazesMag

I read this forum a lot without posting and this argument and the divides involved make many of the potentially interesting threads unreadable. Both sides contribute to the drivel a lot more than they realise despite the fact that they are all aware of each others opinions and also aware that they acheive nothing from engaging the arguments. Its massively discouraging to new posters and horrible to read. Anyway, thought an onlookers opinion might be worth something even if it wont change anything. :)