Other clubs summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not even going to be a first team starter surely?

They'll probably drop him back into defence, puyols getting on and song is the nicely better than mascherano

Only in the sense it was him who scooped balls forward for him. Take RVP out the team and Song goes back to being shite.

Absolutely mental that Barca are paying so much money for him!

Very insightful comment, Brock. I agree with you there. It'll be interesting to se of arsenal can play without a 'breaker'.

Only in the sense it was him who scooped balls forward for him. Take RVP out the team and Song goes back to being shite.

Absolutely mental that Barca are paying so much money for him!

Very insightful comment, Brock. I agree with you there. It'll be interesting to se of arsenal can play without a 'breaker'.

The fact that they've had Song as the 'breaker' the past few seasons is indicative of how they've made serious mistakes in strengthening their squad. Seen him play several times now and have never understood why Wenger didn't invest in a proper ball-winner in midfield.

67% of the goals were scored or provided by those two. I think Song is a huge loss.

They would've been utterly toothless without RVP, who put away most of the chances Song created. There were two over the top long balls that any other striker wouldn't have volleyed in. He's not going to be thrown straight into the Barca team because Song isn't technically-minded enough to act as some ball-winning playmaker.

Put it this way - Song wouldn't be ahead of any our first choice midfielders.

The fact that they've had Song as the 'breaker' the past few seasons is indicative of how they've made serious mistakes in strengthening their squad. Seen him play several times now and have never understood why Wenger didn't invest in a proper ball-winner in midfield.

They would've been utterly toothless without RVP, who put away most of the chances Song created. There were two over the top long balls that any other striker wouldn't have volleyed in. He's not going to be thrown straight into the Barca team because Song isn't technically-minded enough to act as some ball-winning playmaker.

Put it this way - Song wouldn't be ahead of any our first choice midfielders.

I still think hell play in defence for barca.

I think that would make more sense, but why spend £19m on a new CB when he's been playing primarily as a midfielder for the past few seasons?

Barca's transfer policy is a little sketchy at times...

Cause it's what they need, puyols pretty much done, songs attributes are what they want, mascherano is to small to play there properly and his passing is gash, songs got the stature, defensive and passing ability to fit in at CB for them.

He started out as a CB I think

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder

Sources close to Carroll say that #thfc have not bid for the Geordie striker #nufc #lfc

Fair enough, one of me mates text it to me, not sure where he got it from like. Guess spurs needing a striker plus him leaving separately after the brom game gave people the 2+2 to make 5. as usual xD

He was in Newcastle last night apparently.

He was.

Mortal in Aspers again apparently.

Would do well at Spurs. Would get some good service from the likes of Bale and Lennon and Defoe would be ideal just off him.

There is no way he is coming back here.

I think that's right. Unless we can somehow get him for a bargain fee and he's prepared to take a massive pay cut.........neither of which seem very likely to me.....