Other clubs summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think he is after a starting slot and not bench warming. Certainly has an eye for goal, not sure how old he is now.

Couldn't see him giving two hoots if playing for Sunderland. Would redefine 'casual'.

Of course he won't go there anyway.

Couldn't see him giving two hoots if playing for Sunderland. Would redefine 'casual'.

Of course he won't go there anyway.

I'd have thought he'd go to a decent European club

De Jong who blew us out and went to Germany, to get CL football, managed to score an own goal last night that will go a long way to screwing that up (not to mention they got hammered at home) :D

He is never going to be a bargain, but a 25 year old banging in 10-12 goals a year for a wolves side - it doesnt strike me as THAT expensive.

Obviously its FOTM to laugh at O`neill but sunderland is a better side than Wolves. Could easily see him score 10-15 a year there.

With even the bottom teams cashing in a cool 50 mill a year in TV-rights, its neither cheap nor expensive Imo - its the going rate.

see my post fishy

:lol: deary me

rtg seem pleased with it, saying that

If he gets 15 goals marra he will be worth the fee - how many people get over 15 these days apart from the real top boys

He has never scored 15. Not even is the SPL ffs :lol:

It's mental that they could think this was anything like a good deal!

I don't think it is the going rate LBT. He's not a good striker, he's average. He should be going for £7m not £12m plus add ons. Even if it was £7m up front and £7m in add ons it'd make more sense.

Well... I see your point but its a sign of the times perhaps. Plenty of money going around.

Even championship players with an ounce of talent are labeled with a 10 million pricetag without having proven anything really...

I guess Fletcher isnt excactly messi, what he is though is a proven premier league goalscorer on the right side of 25...

Perhaps a more interesting question would be - Is he better than Leon Best?

Edited by Lake Bells tits

He is better than best, he won't score 15. A bit like Carroll and Owen, you can't judge if a player was worth the fee until a few years in to the deal really. If he scored 20 a season (he won't) you would think the price fair enough.

My thing is I am sure they could have got much more accomplished player for that price.

Well... I see your point but its a sign of the times perhaps. Plenty of money going around.

Even championship players with an ounce of talent are labeled with a 10 million pricetag without having proven anything really...

I guess Fletcher isnt excactly messi, what he is though is a proven premier league goalscorer on the right side of 25...

Perhaps a more interesting question would be - Is he better than Leon Best?

Wanna back that up?

He is better than best, he won't score 15. A bit like Carroll and Owen, you can't judge if a player was worth the fee until a few years in to the deal really. If he scored 20 a season (he won't) you would think the price fair enough.

My thing is I am sure they could have got much more accomplished player for that price.

The problem is that sunderland have absolutely zero pulling power so players wont lift a finger to engineer a move.

Aside from Carr you wont find a 20 goals a season striker for 12 million, no way.

Im in the minority here I reckon but I think he is about the best they could realistically hope for ( aside from Llorente).

Gyan on song is better no doubt but we all know how that went.