Margaret Thatcher

The Fish

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity did she cause all of you grief or are you just jumping on the Thatcher hating bandwagon because you're from a Labour loving area? Thinking about it, are you all old enough to remember her stint as PM?

I'm old enough to remember how she destroyed livelihoods, aye. I'm old enough to remember how she destroyed our national industries, pushed privatisation and decimated communities.

Out of curiosity did she cause all of you grief or are you just jumping on the Thatcher hating bandwagon because you're from a Labour loving area? Thinking about it, are you all old enough to remember her stint as PM?

Her infuence echoed through two murky decades in British politics, reagardless of age everyone on here has felt it in some form or other.

I've listed in detail my grievances with her, which began when I was around 4-6 years of age. She shit on my dreams: now I live with a poverty of hope, there is no chance I will become a miner. And I am not alone in this, there are thousands like me across the country.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

I'm 43.

I remember worrying about a job when I left school, my family felt the effects of her policies directly, and as Parky says, the effects went on for decades.

If you was my age you could very well be saying the same for Blair and co (when I left school I knew that I had no chance of going into fulltime employment.) No fan of hers at all but celebrating the death of an old woman? Nah.

If you was my age you could very well be saying the same for Blair and co (when I left school I knew that I had no chance of going into fulltime employment.) No fan of hers at all but celebrating the death of an old woman? Nah.

Not celebrating, REJOICING!!

Fuck off man :lol:

J69 speaketh the truth.

Blair is more or less her son in political terms but on the prospects front he provided 100% employment compared with her.

"Old woman" implies humanity so doesn't apply.

Evil old bastard would be closer to the truth

My dad was a bus driver in the 80's and her government brought in bus deregulation which added massive stress onto the drivers. Dad used to do ridiculous hours and eventually had an accident when he crashed the bus he was driving that day. It was the beginning of a nervous breakdown and he never returned to work. That's ended up being the focus of my hatred of Thatcher despite there being, I'm sure, other factors. Our family was never the same after that and dad still has problems now even 30 years or so later.

My dad was a bus driver in the 80's and her government brought in bus deregulation which added massive stress onto the drivers. Dad used to do ridiculous hours and eventually had an accident when he crashed the bus he was driving that day. It was the beginning of a nervous breakdown and he never returned to work. That's ended up being the focus of my hatred of Thatcher despite there being, I'm sure, other factors. Our family was never the same after that and dad still has problems now even 30 years or so later.

My dad keeps back a days holiday every year just in case he needs to celebrate her death at short notice :lol:

:lol:

WHAT?!