Margaret Thatcher

The Fish

If you was my age you could very well be saying the same for Blair and co (when I left school I knew that I had no chance of going into fulltime employment.) No fan of hers at all but celebrating the death of an old woman? Nah.

You are a complete fucking idiot

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad keeps back a days holiday every year just in case he needs to celebrate her death at short notice :lol:

Same here, he's self employed now, I reckon a week long drinking and BBQ session might happen

You are a complete fucking idiot

:lol:

Our house was a happy one till the poll tax was introduced into Scotland....as a household the rates were based on the value of the house we lived in and were easily affordable.....then we went from owing a relative pittance (I forget the exact amount but the old man was a joiner and mum was a part time home help and they could easily afford to pay the rates between them) to owing the best part of £2000 p.a. between 5 of us with me,my brother and sister all basically on YTS wages. And if you didnt pay it was the courts for you. To illustrate how fair this was, the local "laird" is the Duke of Roxburgh, richest man in Scotland and I was paying the same rate of poll tax per annum as him. The present lot are helping their mates out and expecting the rest of us to pay for it too (see the last budget for details) . Thatcher caused untold misery in millilons of homes and cleetoonfan is comparing her actions to Blair wanting all kids in this country to go to University?.......I bet he was despserate to be a bricky when he left school as well....

:lol:

Our house was a happy one till the poll tax was introduced into Scotland....as a household the rates were based on the value of the house we lived in and were easily affordable.....then we went from owing a relative pittance (I forget the exact amount but the old man was a joiner and mum was a part time home help and they could easily afford to pay the rates between them) to owing the best part of £2000 p.a. between 5 of us with me,my brother and sister all basically on YTS wages. And if you didnt pay it was the courts for you. To illustrate how fair this was, the local "laird" is the Duke of Roxburgh, richest man in Scotland and I was paying the same rate of poll tax per annum as him. The present lot are helping their mates out and expecting the rest of us to pay for it too (see the last budget for details) . Thatcher caused untold misery in millilons of homes and cleetoonfan is comparing her actions to Blair wanting all kids in this country to go to University?.......I bet he was despserate to be a bricky when he left school as well....

The Poll Tax was an absolute disgrace and showed all of them, and her in particular being the PM who championed it too, for the shithouses that they were.

I'm not sure if all of you are 100% serious about celebrating when she croaks but I find it slightly wrong to be looking forward to the death of a now senile old woman who no longer wields any form of power.

Did no one feel even a little bit of sympathy for Junior Soprano come the end?

Edited by ewerk

If you was my age you could very well be saying the same for Blair and co (when I left school I knew that I had no chance of going into fulltime employment.) No fan of hers at all but celebrating the death of an old woman? Nah.

Good luck defending that one... :nah:

:lol: How am I an idiot here? I was hardly defending her. Just saying, if you look forward to the death of shit politicians you have to look forward to a hell of a lot of more deaths than just hers. Sincerely, man who still hasn't found a job thanks to the legacy of Blair's government.

I left school in 81 and me and my gang all had no problems getting jobs or changing them. Had plenty of cash for sex sweets and rock n roll too.

Some who moan on here are the same ones who blame politician x for there being no cotton industry in the North West or no lead mining in the lakes etc etc.

Britain, strangled by the unions was well and truly fucked until she sorted the mess out.

Will be remembered for her brilliance long after the youngest on here has popped their cloggs.

:lol: How am I an idiot here? I was hardly defending her. Just saying, if you look forward to the death of shit politicians you have to look forward to a hell of a lot of more deaths than just hers. Sincerely, man who still hasn't found a job thanks to the legacy of Blair's government.

Aren't you at uni? Tough break.

I wouldn't wish her dead, but I'll happily celebrate the symbolism of her passing with a jar or five. And obviously when she does go, I hope it's during the football season just to see what happens if they try a minute's silence. B)

I remember the poll tax riots. I was just a bairn (early - mid teens) and the police were chasing a load of us down by the University. Me and my mate got squashed against the railings and some bloke dragged us over, one in each hand :lol:

I had nee idea what the fuss was about like. When I started working (in 1989) I refused to pay and end eventually got took to court. Everyone was saying dont go, but in the end I agreed to pay a £5 a week or something.

Cunts.

Aren't you at uni? Tough break.

Aye, it was either go to Uni or join the list of mates at home on the dole because successive governments of both parties have treated the area like a piece of shit. Had no choice. Like I said i'm no CT about the situation but wishing death is still ott.

Aye, it was either go to Uni or join the list of mates at home on the dole because successive governments of both parties have treated the area like a piece of shit. Had no choice. Like I said i'm no CT about the situation but wishing death is still ott.

Fuck me, what a laugh :lol:

yoof of today and their thinkings.

Aye, it was either go to Uni or join the list of mates at home on the dole

I grew up in the '30s with an unemployed father. He didn't complain about his lot on an internet forum. He got on his bike and looked for work, and he kept looking 'til he found it.

I grew up in the '30s with an unemployed father. He didn't complain about his lot on an internet forum. He got on his bike and looked for work, and he kept looking 'til he found it.

I'd have dreamt of a situation like that! I grew up in a ditch with a plank of wood for shelter. Every day after chomping down our meal of grass we searched for work in the local mill, me brother lost three fingers one day 'e did.

I'd have dreamt of a situation like that! I grew up in a ditch with a plank of wood for shelter. Every day after chomping down our meal of grass we searched for work in the local mill, me brother lost three fingers one day 'e did.

It's a reference to Norman Tebbit not Monty Python. Although that was a bloody funny sketch

Just heard the Police on the TV moaning about their lot and not being too happy with Home Secretary Theresa May. (Funny, her near namesake Teresa kept me smiling in the mid nineties). Think of any group of supporters, any, and I'm talking from the Eighties onwards for longer term Mags. Yes they'll be some you couldn't abide, but put it on a percentage rate, what was the percentage of canny lad to utter cunt ratio of fans from any given club? Work out your percentage. Now do the same to the Police you encountered throughout your years of following our club. I know and have met a few good lads in the Police but they unfortunately have been outnumbered by their more cretinous fellow 'boys in blue'. For them to complain about a Tory Minister takes the piss seeing as these fuckers were HRH Maggie's personal Secret Army and made (and still have a far better better financial/pension/sickness package) than most of us poor bastards in the real World. What about Maggie though? Well credit to her and her contemporaries, they never once hid their sheer naked capitalism and their 'fuck you Jack, we're alright' ethos so you couldn't accuse her and the likes of Tebbit of being liars but they were no friends of my homeland, TYNESIDE and many other Labour industrialised non-Tory voting areas.

I won't cheer when she dies of course not, but she epitomised the 'I'm alright Jack' attitude that unfortunately large parts of this nation now has, ( including up here), and I can't stand her for it and hope it gets recognised in amongst her eulogies by the media.

Give me the Imperial Empire over the Rebel Alliance any day of the week, Thatch for me represented someone who got things done and took no shit off anyone while doing it. One thing nobody can say is that she was a weak PM, that's not to say some of the political ideas she supported weren't wrong though, personally I would prefer our country to be known for more people like her than the wimps that are about these days - give people too much choice and they just squabble and whinge amongst themselves causing chaos in the process.

Horrible evil old bitch, I would never celebrate anyone dying though.

However, you just know all the media will sugar coat her life and that will piss me right off. She should be remembered for the heartless slag that she is.

Edited by Billy Whitehurst

I left school in 81 and me and my gang all had no problems getting jobs or changing them. Had plenty of cash for sex sweets and rock n roll too.

Some who moan on here are the same ones who blame politician x for there being no cotton industry in the North West or no lead mining in the lakes etc etc.

Britain, strangled by the unions was well and truly fucked until she sorted the mess out.

Will be remembered for her brilliance long after the youngest on here has popped their cloggs.

If you left school in 81 in ST and thought it was a land of opportunity then you are even more of a head in the clouds, blind, selfish cunt than I thought - which is some achievement.