What do you sound like?

Christmas Tree

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My life:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/geordie-with-posh-voice-baffles-workmates-20160428108414

A MAN from Tyneside who sounds like Tom Hiddlestone has left his new London workmates baffled and frustrated.

Stephan Malley, 27 from Gosforth arrived for his first day in the City and immediately sowed confusion by greeting his colleagues with the words ‘Good morning, absolutely lovely to meet you all’.

Co-worker Janet Fisher said: “We were waiting for him to bellow, ‘Alreet, me bonny marrers,’ or something similar so that we could all laugh and pretend we had no idea what he was saying. It was very disappointing.”

Colleague Tom Logan added: “I was hoping to ‘gan doon the booza’ with him and have a ‘good bit of craic about getting mortal and smashing a lass’s pasty’. But he just started going on about some opening he’d been to at Tate Modern and completely refused to get involved in any banter featuring the word ‘baps’.

“It is almost like he is middle class. But that is clearly impossible.”

Malley said: “I have had a marvellous first day. Everyone is super nice, though I must confess, sometimes I find their estuary accents utterly incomprehensible.

“It is true they are not the sort of people I am used to, but I feel their big-hearted warmth and open friendliness more than compensates for their raucous and unabashed vulgarity.”

Very good :lol:

I sound exactly like Brendan Foster unfortunately, both voice and accent wise. Obviously wish I didn't - I can't stand listening to recordings of my voice, but it seems most people feel that way

Very good :lol:

I sound exactly like Brendan Foster unfortunately, both voice and accent wise. Obviously wish I didn't - I can't stand listening to recordings of my voice, but it seems most people feel that way

This we gotta hear.

How would you define 100% geordie? Bloodwise I am, but the way I speak is like Oz with a brain. So maybe my accent is only 97% classic Newcastle upon Tyne geordie.

Fuck off, Cheryl Cole's is completely put on and like the woman herself is minging.

:lol:

Simmer down Renty baby, I said that's who springs to mind when I think of Geordie accent. It wouldn't have made much sense to say Vicky Groves, now would it.

• 6 months later...

Sounds like John Inman. Hung like John Wayne Bobbit.

Says he of the Chinese mouse proportions?

I seem to remember you sounding just like Bobcat Goldthwaite