Kenny's Been Sacked!

NufcBano

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pep Guardiola hints he may return to management next season

Departing Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola has hinted that he could be ready to return to management next season.

The 41-year-old, whose final game in charge of the Catalan club is the Copa del Rey final, opted to leave the Nou Camp to take time away from the game.

But ahead of Friday's match, he said: "I will receive all calls with pleasure, but for the next month I have to recharge my batteries and my mind.

"I will be ready [to return] if one club wants me and seduces me."

Just in time to break the hearts of Liverpool fans as they announce Martinez.

no doubt they will follow the same plan as always, that they followed when they appointed Woy and Kenny, and if they don't come up to expectations will be replaced too. Nowt wrong with that, in fact its spot on.

Still think Martinez could be a surprise. Performing well on a shoestring is always a good sign of better things with a big club that have ambition. Other things come into play of course, as Parky said, he could fold under the pressure, but you don't know until you try.

Edited by LeazesMag

You do realise LM that they had a director of football alongside Dalglish and are looking for another (Van Gaal?) now.

I think the plan is to have Van Gaal take over when they inevitably sack Martinez. Presumably they can then appoint Dalglish again as caretaker manager when Van Gaal turns out to be shit.

You do realise LM that they had a director of football alongside Dalglish and are looking for another (Van Gaal?) now.

which means what exactly ? I've never said having a DOF to choose the signing of players is a good idea. Baggio has though.

I'm just curious to know what their supposed plan is, other than appoint a manager, back him and sack him if he fails to come up to their high expectations, which is pretty much how big clubs ought to be in fact. The best thing is to give them short contracts rather than stupid 6 years ones like have been dished out to managers by other clubs, such as Villa, and then had to pay them off.

This is not a "plan", its just plain stupid.

Liverpool will appoint a manager who they think will give them success on the pitch, back him and hope he succeeds. How else do you do it ?

I'm failing to see your point.

I don't see the point of these "plans" or those who keep mentioning them to be honest. All you can do is appoint a good manager and back him. It's a short term industry, you can sink as rapidly as you rise in this game. What exactly would a DOF do other than undermine a manager ? You can't appoint a manager, then sack him for poor results if its the DOF responsible for choosing which players to buy.

I think this point is pretty basic by the way.

Edited by LeazesMag

I don't see the point of these "plans" or those who keep mentioning them to be honest. All you can do is appoint a good manager and back him. It's a short term industry, you can sink as rapidly as you rise in this game. What exactly would a DOF do other than undermine a manager ? You can't appoint a manager, then sack him for poor results if its the DOF responsible for choosing which players to buy.

I think this point is pretty basic by the way.

Manchester United and Barcelona are two of the most successful clubs in the world. Both of which have based their success on long term 'plans', neither of them have taken short term approaches and it has paid off for them.

Manchester United and Barcelona are two of the most successful clubs in the world. Both of which have based their success on long term 'plans', neither of them have taken short term approaches and it has paid off for them.

Man Utd have been run by Alex Ferguson for over 25 years man, and he has stayed because he's been successful not the other way round.

What about Chelsea's "plan" under AVB, how many managers have they had since Jose ? Quite simply they had expectations and gave the managers the boot for not meeting them including a World Cup Winner ? And Liverpools "plan" under Woy and Kenny ? What do you think is their "plan" now ? if anything, you should not be laughing at the likes of Liverpool because they will do exactly the same to their next manager as they want success and this is the "plan", they won't stick with someone who isn't producing just because they don't have this sort of longer term plan, the manager and short term results in the present and immediate future is everything. What happened to Randy Lerner giving O'Neill a 6 year contract because he had a "plan" ?

The manager is the continuity in a football club, and its the winning that gives the stability, not the other way round. Only the managers who win games give the continuity.

Sorry like, but its another example of football being different to normal high street business and I don't see what is so difficult to understand about that. It's how the game works. Fortunes fluctuate wildly in the vast majority of cases. It's unpredictable and short term and always has been and always will be, its the nature of the beast.

Edited by LeazesMag

Not all plans are necessarily successful. In fact, most of them will fail. Of course long term plans need to be balanced against short term expectations. Alex Ferguson wasn't an overnight success at Man United and today he would most likely not have been given the time to implement his plan. The massive flaw in AVB's plan was his failure to get the necessary buy in from his players, without the commitment from your key staff then no plan work.

Liverpool were shite this season because they lacked a plan. They foolishly took the easy option of appointing a club legend and he wasted £35m on Andy Carroll with no plan on how to best utilise him.

And of course no plan will work unless the components i.e. manager, players & back room staff are good enough. It takes much more than money to deliver long term success.

It seems much harder to implement the dof culture in English football. Managers historically have had the final say here.

The dof usually ends up as the manager anyway. And then also gets sacked.

Not all plans are necessarily successful. In fact, most of them will fail. Of course long term plans need to be balanced against short term expectations. Alex Ferguson wasn't an overnight success at Man United and today he would most likely not have been given the time to implement his plan. The massive flaw in AVB's plan was his failure to get the necessary buy in from his players, without the commitment from your key staff then no plan work.

Liverpool were shite this season because they lacked a plan. They foolishly took the easy option of appointing a club legend and he wasted £35m on Andy Carroll with no plan on how to best utilise him.

And of course no plan will work unless the components i.e. manager, players & back room staff are good enough. It takes much more than money to deliver long term success.

Not getting the best out of Carroll wasn't Liverpool's plan, it was the managers ! As for foolishly appointing a club legend, whatever we as NUFC supporters think of Dalglish, based on what he did here to the team he took over, at Liverpool he had won cups, titles and also a title at Blackburn. Their "plan" was to back him and hope he succeeded, which is quite correct. If you want to talk about "plan" in the context of ambition, then the Liverpool ambition and expectation is clearly one that we should also want ourselves. If we finish 7th, win the League Cup and appear in the FA cup Final next season I for one will be very happy, in the short term. But it isn't good enough for them in the longer term either.

no doubt they will follow the same plan as always, that they followed when they appointed Woy and Kenny, and if they don't come up to expectations will be replaced too. Nowt wrong with that, in fact its spot on.

Still think Martinez could be a surprise. Performing well on a shoestring is always a good sign of better things with a big club that have ambition. Other things come into play of course, as Parky said, he could fold under the pressure, but you don't know until you try.

Stop confusing me with Parky.

Could work out. He plays nice football and will have the players to score the goals now too. On the other hand he's never had to manage egos this size and could fail miserably.

Whelan royally fucked it up for Martinez which I suspect was his plan all along

Can't wait to hear all of the clich餠shite about how Rodgers will bring the return to the old Liverpool traditions of 'pass and move.'

Appointed on the back of a good year at Swansea.

Not too many years ago Mowbray was highly talked of at WBA. Off to Celtic he went when he crashed and burned. I suspect Rogers will go the same way.

Hopefully many years of mid-table obscurity to come :crylaughin: