Kenny's Been Sacked!

NufcBano

Hope Phil Thomson gets it

He's always putting his nose into the clubs affairs, he nose more than most :closedeyes:

Give him the job, if only to get him off SPNs.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a shame John Peel died less than a year before Liverpool won the champions league. I'd have been happy for him to see it. By the same token, it's a blessing he's not had to witness this utter shambles of a club lurch from one embarrassment to the next since his hero 'King Kenny' came back.

The only Liverpool supporter I've ever knowingly had time for personally or publicly, and been pleased for when they won something.

They'll settle on AVB in the end I reckons.

Looking that way, they obviously had no plan at all.

Marvelous !!!

Edited by Toonpack

right at the end of the seasons the time to do it though they got that right

with the euros they'll not be missing out on a lot of transfer activity and can take their time

Liverpool have strongly denied that the appointment of Ken Dodd as 1st team manager is a cost cutting exercise so they

do not have to change the initials on the track-suit top.

Dick Dale is good btw.

I'll stick my neck out and say I think AVB is not the right appointment at this moment. He came into Chelsea with a squad that also required major restructuring over the next few years, and he failed miserably. Can't see him being able to turn Liverpool around to the extent that they are expecting.

Dick Dale is good btw.

I'll stick my neck out and say I think AVB is not the right appointment at this moment. He came into Chelsea with a squad that also required major restructuring over the next few years, and he failed miserably. Can't see him being able to turn Liverpool around to the extent that they are expecting.

Agree but can't honestly think of any realistic manager they could appoint who could take the current Liverpool squad where their fans expect them to be any time soon.

Dick Dale is good btw.

the problem with chelsea though is that there are a lot of players getting on who are sort of fixtures at the club, Carragher, Gerrard and Reina are really the only 3 at liverpool you couldnt get rid of and Carraghers already down the pecking order of centre halves for them as for Gerrard and Reina both are good enough (when fit in gerrards case) to keep fairly happy with games

Chelsea had more of a "players committee" thing going on that he got on the wrong side of

Agree but can't honestly think of any realistic manager they could appoint who could take the current Liverpool squad where their fans expect them to be any time soon.

What's to say AVB will?

Chelsea's squad, and the players who are part of said committee, are better than Liverpool's current players though. It's becoming harder to break into that top 6.

Aye but it was never the quality of players that brought vilas boas down at Chelsea, it was that committee deciding they wanted rid and not playing for him leaving him with no options.

I have a ton of respect for avb and think he's smart enough not to make the same mistake again but I don't reckon it'd be the same situation at Liverpool anyway.

Mint. If Liverpool spend as long in the relegation zone next season as Wigan did this season, I'll be happy.

Incredible that Martinez is being handed an opportunity like this.

Man, Whelan loves the sound of his own voice. He just can't get enough of running to SSN and telling them all about how Martinez is off to Liverpool and it's a poisoned chalice, etc etc etc.