Kenny's Been Sacked!

NufcBano

OR the press realise that ££ means a lot in football.

That's a very cynical attitude, footballers and manager in it for the money. :lol:

Actually, joking aside, I think he actually means what he says when he says he's taking 12 months off.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a very cynical attitude, footballers and manager in it for the money. :lol:

Actually, joking aside, I think he actually means what he says when he says he's taking 12 months off.

He could take 12 months off and still get a job at Chelsea as they sack their manager that often!

I'd be surprised if Kenny Dalglish got another manager position.

The problem is, if he wants to be employed, it has to be at a club, as they'd need translators to work alongside him if he became a pundit. A couple of Scottish lads I work with admit that even they can't understand a word he says.

As much as I'd like to see the fans reactions if they hired him, I reckon Dave Whelan has put him out of the running already after breaking his neck to tell anyone and everyone they had been in contact.

Martinez and Rodgers are the 2 managers behind the rise of Swansea. Martinez started it and Rodgers has carried it on. I wouldn't laugh just yet........

Martinez and Rodgers are the 2 managers behind the rise of Swansea. Martinez started it and Rodgers has carried it on. I wouldn't laugh just yet........

Different kettle of fish though. You're dealing with a club whose fanbase has went completely off the deep end in recent months. They wanted (and expected) Guardiola, Mourinho or that class of manager to come to a side 8th in the PL with Jonjo Shelvey, Jay Spearing and Jamie Carragher in it. They need a manager who will spend a few seasons rebuilding the squad, trying to make as much back as possible off the shite Dalglish has bought and put together a strong side. At the same time, they need to stick to their conviction, no matter what the knackers supporting them expect, they need to appoint someone with full confidence and patience in their vision. I don't think Martinez is the man for that (though he's hamstrung by other factors at Wigan, he's spent a decent wedge) but only time will tell.

Different kettle of fish though. You're dealing with a club whose fanbase has went completely off the deep end in recent months. They wanted (and expected) Guardiola, Mourinho or that class of manager to come to a side 8th in the PL with Jonjo Shelvey, Jay Spearing and Jamie Carragher in it. They need a manager who will spend a few seasons rebuilding the squad, trying to make as much back as possible off the shite Dalglish has bought and put together a strong side. At the same time, they need to stick to their conviction, no matter what the knackers supporting them expect, they need to appoint someone with full confidence and patience in their vision. I don't think Martinez is the man for that (though he's hamstrung by other factors at Wigan, he's spent a decent wedge) but only time will tell.

time will tell, yes, but he did a very good job at Swansea which Rodgers has carried on, they both deserve the credit for it. As a prospective manager of a big club, he plays football ie constructive passing football, this always helps the top players fulfill their ability rather than the Allardyce type of statistical based helicopter football - and yes I know that I thought Allardyce would have modified his approach when he was in a position to buy better players at Newcastle - but unfortunately as we all know now, he didn't.

This approach comes naturally to Martinez. Has he spent much at wigan ? This is peanuts compared to the backing he will get from Liverpool. If managers spend money well, then get their tactics, selections, strategies and motivations right, they will succeed, and so far he has certainly not been a failure. Wigan is a vastly different proposition to a big club like Liverpool. I am only pleased, so far, that Pardew hasn't been mentioned yet, but Martinez is well worth a step up. How well he does, we will have to see but if not Liverpool then someone else may well give him a crack at the big time.

I think this would be a very interesting appointment, I've thought for a while that someone would give him a chance on a bigger stage. It is most definitely no more a risk than most other appointments would be, apart from a handful of the more obvious, but even the high profile ones still carry a risk sometimes too. Look at the appointments Chelsea have made in recent years since Mourinho for starters.

Edited by LeazesMag

Rodgers is a crap manager. Tried the same gameplan at Reading and would've had them relegated albeit with slightly more possession than the other teams. I'd love it if he went to Liverpool, as i think Martinez is a decent manager. Certainly would do better than Dalglish did.

I wouldn't say lucky, just very average which puts them above a cluster of shit teams that were in the league this season.

They markedly improved when The Sig signed, but that's no surprise given he's a very good player who shifted them up the table.

I wouldn't say lucky, just very average which puts them above a cluster of shit teams that were in the league this season.

They markedly improved when The Sig signed, but that's no surprise given he's a very good player who shifted them up the table.

Does the man that signed him not deserve credit for that then? ;)

If managers spend money well, then get their tactics, selections, strategies and motivations right, they will succeed.

Outgreying the greyt man himself there.

time will tell, yes, but he did a very good job at Swansea which Rodgers has carried on, they both deserve the credit for it. As a prospective manager of a big club, he plays football ie constructive passing football, this always helps the top players fulfill their ability rather than the Allardyce type of statistical based helicopter football - and yes I know that I thought Allardyce would have modified his approach when he was in a position to buy better players at Newcastle - but unfortunately as we all know now, he didn't.

True enough but do Liverpool really have the players for it? Their attack is decent but their midfield, Gerrard aside, is very poor. Henderson, Spearing, Adam, Spearing, Shelvey, Downing. All players who are average or poor. Now, I know the first thing Martinez will do will buy some central midfielders but if the rumours are true about him having a reduced budget, will he have to sell Suarez to fund the rest of the side? Will the fans kick off and force him out?

This approach comes naturally to Martinez. Has he spent much at wigan ? This is peanuts compared to the backing he will get from Liverpool. If managers spend money well, then get their tactics, selections, strategies and motivations right, they will succeed, and so far he has certainly not been a failure. Wigan is a vastly different proposition to a big club like Liverpool. I am only pleased, so far, that Pardew hasn't been mentioned yet, but Martinez is well worth a step up. How well he does, we will have to see but if not Liverpool then someone else may well give him a crack at the big time.

From looking, it seems like he's had to sell their good players (Valencia went for £16 million, Palacios for £12) to buy so I was partly mistaken. This gets us back to the point about doing the same at Liverpool; with a scouting system like ours, he could take that £30 million and transform his midfield and do a good job. If he's going to get stupid money then, he can spend daft money at players to compensate for them coming to a side that is in decline and is being rebuilt. The "global pull" of Liverpool dwindles every year they're not amongst the top clubs though. Also, as you say, Liverpool is completely different to Wigan and it's a place where the fans are vocal and in clear distress over the growing distance between them and Man United and the growing parity between them and Everton. It's a job that's going to take some real effort, money or no money, to keep the fans onside despite possibly selling their best players to take them forward and convincing the owners (who don't seem to be the most football savvy bunch, shall we say) to keep the support going.

I think this would be a very interesting appointment, I've thought for a while that someone would give him a chance on a bigger stage. It is most definitely no more a risk than most other appointments would be, apart from a handful of the more obvious, but even the high profile ones still carry a risk sometimes too. Look at the appointments Chelsea have made in recent years since Mourinho for starters.

It's definitely interesting like and I agree that it was a matter of time before he got a bigger job. Never thought it would be Liverpool though.

I agree with Leazes about Martinez, i think he has the potential to do well at Liverpool. The main problem he will have is the fans and being given enough time to impose his ideas. He isnt a blood and thunder manager, he's a tactician and has a good pedigree at Swansea and is also an educated and intelligent man. However, he's only managed 2 clubs and both have been as an ex-player at both of them, his arse could easily go at a club where he is an outsider and isnt wanted.

My take on the Fenway group is they have decided that you definitely shouldnt listen to the fans, they've seen the fans ridicule Hodgson only for him to go on to WBA and perform an excellent job (as he did at Fulham) and become the manager of the national team. They've seen Dalglish first feted, then demanded by the fans and for him to perform shit in the league and act the cunt in the media. Dare i say it, they've looked at the biggest story in premiership i.e. us and thought the fans there dont know shite either (not saying thats true, just thats the easy outside view, wrong about Ashley, Pardew and obviously and poignantly for them Carroll). They've therefore thought fuck the backlash, sack this knobheed and bring in someone who fits the model. We all know its the right decision, its made all the better as a decision by how difficult it was tot take and the flack it would bring.

Martinez is a punt but if he gets off to a good start, one that can work.

Does the man that signed him not deserve credit for that then? ;)

He'd worked with him before so it wasn't exactly like he unearthed a hidden gem.

With Guthrie leaving and Smith out the door too, we should really get the Sig on board. It makes too much sense not to.

Daglish has left Liverpool fucked for a good few seasons.

If they take the Experienced Manager route, he'll be expected to win a trophy/get into Europe next season, which , given theirr squad ,is a big task.

If they go for someone like Martinez, it'll take at least 2-3 seasons to build a new team good enough to achieve anything, and I doubt very much if the loveable scallys will be prepared to give him/whoever that time.

I agree with Leazes about Martinez, i think he has the potential to do well at Liverpool. The main problem he will have is the fans and being given enough time to impose his ideas. He isnt a blood and thunder manager, he's a tactician and has a good pedigree at Swansea and is also an educated and intelligent man. However, he's only managed 2 clubs and both have been as an ex-player at both of them, his arse could easily go at a club where he is an outsider and isnt wanted.

My take on the Fenway group is they have decided that you definitely shouldnt listen to the fans, they've seen the fans ridicule Hodgson only for him to go on to WBA and perform an excellent job (as he did at Fulham) and become the manager of the national team. They've seen Dalglish first feted, then demanded by the fans and for him to perform sh*t in the league and act the c*nt in the media. Dare i say it, they've looked at the biggest story in premiership i.e. us and thought the fans there dont know sh*te either (not saying thats true, just thats the easy outside view, wrong about Ashley, Pardew and obviously and poignantly for them Carroll). They've therefore thought f*ck the backlash, sack this knobheed and bring in someone who fits the model. We all know its the right decision, its made all the better as a decision by how difficult it was tot take and the flack it would bring.

Martinez is a punt but if he gets off to a good start, one that can work.

Good post.

As much as I'd like to see the fans reactions if they hired him, I reckon Dave Whelan has put him out of the running already after breaking his neck to tell anyone and everyone they had been in contact.

Whelan is a cunt of the highest order. Always has something to say about other clubs and when something like this happen instead of being quiet he is straight to the media rubbing his hands and thinking of the compensation.

The pie heed cunt.