Mathieu Debuchy

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He has a game which really suits the Premier League with his speed. He also has such an attacking game, but is very aggressive in defence" "If I have any advice to give him, it would be to try his luck in England.

"It does not really surprise me that English clubs are interested in him. Newcastle would be a very good club for him because he would find his friends [Yohan] Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa. Also, they are one of the top English clubs, with a history and a beautiful stadium. For him and the rest of his career, they would be a nice stepping stone."[/Quote]

Quote from Pires, all good until the stepping stone bit :lol: .

Is their any more news on Debuchy? Heard we were in "talks" this morining

Yesterday morning we were " closing in" progress possibly dried up as we had a match though

Yesterday morning we were " closing in" progress possibly dried up as we had a match though

The two processes aren't related. Lee Charnley and Llambias will have been working even during the match, the transfer isn't in Pardew's hands anymore.

Suppose, thought he may have some input on the finalisation though, most papers seem pretty set on the fee so I'd guess personal terms are on the table now, if the papers are right anyway

Suppose, thought he may have some input on the finalisation though, most papers seem pretty set on the fee so I'd guess personal terms are on the table now, if the papers are right anyway

Yeah, I'd imagine Pardew's role in negotiatons are finished at this point with Debuchy. He said that he identifies the players with Carr and others, then Charnley and Llambias go and get them. The only further part he'd play I think is in meeting with the player and convincing him of his role at the club, our style, and our strategy. Assuming Debuchy wants to come here as bad as is reported, it's just a question of sorting out terms with Lille, which falls under Charnlias's jurisdiction.

Hopefully we hear something today :D

Seems to be a lot of money over there too, I think there is a half a dozen or so German clubs with a higher income than us.

Carr also said that they don't scout much in Germany as the wages are comparable to ours too.

Commercial revenue in Germany dwarfs EPL clubs numbers (Bayern make more commercially than any club on the planet)

I see Simpson as one of those players that has done well to get us to a certain level but now we're progressing we need better for the starting 11.

Going into the summer the 2 positions for me that needed filling were fullback and centre back, simply because looking at our starting 11 the lack of quality there compared to the rest of the team was huge, Debuchy will give us that step up in quality bringing it up to the level of the other players in the starting 11.

2 quality attacking fullbacks can make us a completely different animal going forward.

Ideally in a 433.

Torygraph are saying he's flow in to Toon to seal move.

...the man himself tweeting "I can confirm #Newcastle"

Sweet. Looks a good player, and a far better bet than Simpson.

he's not on twitter, that accounts fake

It's a fake account man.

His best mate Cabaye doesn't follow him, also :

If newcastle united sign up Douglas Teixeira Luuk de Jong and a few others im not gonna lie im getting overly exited about the next season

With 58,000 followers?

Yes.

The bloke that has the account was caught tweeting from it in Chile whilst France and Debuchy had a game during the Euros. :lol:

So you can stop re-tweeting him now. ;)