Mathieu Debuchy

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Would be a great signing and potentially a massive upgrade on a player for the first team.

You're spot on as he really would be a massive upgrade on Simpson. The amount of times last season Simpson either passed the ball backwards or just hit it up the pitch was really frustrating. Don't get me wrong he was playing the safe option because he knows he can't do what Santon does, but it would be a huge step forwards in terms of the team keeping possession.

There was a few times as well when Ben Arfa looked back and saw Simpson and thought fuck this, I'm keeping hold of it until somebody else wants the ball. :lol:

Chronicle says we're back in for Douglas. Hoilett would be classed as a forward, but linked again with a move to the Bundesliga.

Hoilett's on a plane bound for Monchengladbach as we speak apparently.

They seem to be very attractive to half decent players at the moment...have they got a sugar daddy from Arabia or something?...

They seem to be very attractive to half decent players at the moment...have they got a sugar daddy from Arabia or something?...

They're in the Champions League iirc.

Qualified for the CL and sold their best player, so they've got money to spend.

When I think it billionaires arent allowed to buy German clubs...theyre all basically co-ops, like Barcelona if am not mistaken. It written into the German FA's constitution iirc.

The Bundesliga seems to be ran extremely well at the moment. Think I've read online that club's players can only be paid a certain % of their turnover, plus there has to be fan representation on the boards as well.

You're spot on as he really would be a massive upgrade on Simpson. The amount of times last season Simpson either passed the ball backwards or just hit it up the pitch was really frustrating. Don't get me wrong he was playing the safe option because he knows he can't do what Santon does, but it would be a huge step forwards in terms of the team keeping possession.

There was a few times as well when Ben Arfa looked back and saw Simpson and thought fuck this, I'm keeping hold of it until somebody else wants the ball. :lol:

I see Simpson as one of those players that has done well to get us to a certain level but now we're progressing we need better for the starting 11.

Going into the summer the 2 positions for me that needed filling were fullback and centre back, simply because looking at our starting 11 the lack of quality there compared to the rest of the team was huge, Debuchy will give us that step up in quality bringing it up to the level of the other players in the starting 11.

2 quality attacking fullbacks can make us a completely different animal going forward.

The Bundesliga seems to be ran extremely well at the moment. Think I've read online that club's players can only be paid a certain % of their turnover, plus there has to be fan representation on the boards as well.

Seems to be a lot of money over there too, I think there is a half a dozen or so German clubs with a higher income than us.

Carr also said that they don't scout much in Germany as the wages are comparable to ours too.

Do we reckon this is gonna happen then? Only seen the Daily Mail's article (though they have been on the ball with a few of our recent dealings). I would be pleased with Debuchy - looks like a very confident full back and would add a hell of a lot going forward judging on some of the play I saw from him at the Euros.