Mathieu Debuchy

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke Edwards says in today's Telegraph that we're confident of getting him, so to summerise; fuck knows :)

Must have changed his copy...

The Magpies have also reached deadlock in their attempts to sign right-back Mathieu Debuchy from Lille and centre-back Douglas from FC Twente.

Both clubs have raised their asking prices for the defenders and Newcastle feel they are being exploited.

Although Lille have agreed a price with Troyes for their full-back, Djibril Sidibe, Newcastle have not agreed to pay the £8m they want for Debuchy and threatened to walk away from the transfer on Monday if they do not lower their demands.

That would not sit well with Debuchy who has set his heart on a move to Tyneside, where he wants to link up with his close friend and former Lille teammate Yohan Cabaye.

I'm torn between wanting the club to bite the bullet and give Lille the extra £1m or so that they're demanding, or applauding the club's policy to not give into selling club's demands if they don't think it's worthwhile.

You certainly don't want to get a reputation for caving in to demands for an extra few million on each deal.

No doubt some will say it lacks ambition and we should pay whatever the cost ;)

If we're the only club seriously interested then we're right to stick to our guns. Lille have already signed his replacement so most likely are going to sell him anyway.

They're probably waiting to see if Inter will actually make an offer. We're not going to budge from a price we'd already increased our offer to match so it's up to Lille to decide whether or not they're going to get £8m from the other reportedly interested club.

Giving him a tour of the stadium too, the bastards. He doesn't look too impressed though.

fotoflexerphotoqq.jpg

Quite how the sculptor has turned Stokoe into George Mellie(?) the jazz singer only he will know.

I'm fairly confident on this one for some reason. I think now they've got a replacement we'll see it progress this week.

Wish I could feel the same but I can't help this sinking feeling as it drags on.

Giving him a tour of the stadium too, the bastards. He doesn't look too impressed though.

fotoflexerphotoqq.jpg

Looks like Stokoe is going to pass Debuchy on his left hand side.