Euro 2012 Catch-all Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given's had a shocker. Header from 5 miles away went in at 3mph. Then the one off the post he rams it in with his head. :lol:

Croatia are pap btw. Won't get out the group or win another game.

Edited by Park Life

Very disappointing result for us last night. Every one of their goals was were preventable, there was a mixture of bad luck and silly mistakes involved in all of them.

Overall though they looked a classy side and it'll be interesting to see them up against Spain and Italy. Unfortunately I don't share Ant's optimism for the Spain game but we live in hope.

It's the bit where he inevitably looks up at the screen at the opposite end and assumedly sees himself at 20x scale * - do you laugh, wipe your nose or do as he has and pretend nowt's-a-matter ?

* blight of the modern game. Ronaldo the other day was lining up in the wall to defend a free kick and was more preoccupied oggling himself on screen at how his superglued barnet was holding up ffs .

Thought Ireland were embarrassing myself. It was like Brazil against someone like North Korea. Obviously Ireland don't have a huge pool of players but Croatia is a smaller country than EIRE, was an embarrassment and they looked like a relegation battling Championship team. The midfield of Ward and Andrews speaks for itself, but Keane is finished too, Walters is shit, I don't know why they didn't take Best he's better than all those front players. Newcastle would beat Ireland 4-0. They'll definitely not make a re-make of The Van surrounding Euro 2012.

Thought Steven Gerrard demonstrated a touch of class in that press conference last night like. French journalist asked why England should be ranked as a top footballing nation, seeing as we've won fuck all since 1966. Gerrard retorted by showing the V sign, a reference to when we battered the cunts at Agincourt, the french used to cut the index fingers of prisoners off, hardly Einstein, but how many footballers would have known that. I bet "yeah ye know" Andy Cole, or John Terry wouldn't have known that.

France are unbeaten in 21, but Ireland were in 15, it's more than a forlorn hope we have tonight. Regardless what people say, we have good players, genuinely good players. Maybe not as good as Spain or Holland, but anything could happen tonight.

a reference to when we battered the cunts at Agincourt, the french used to cut the index fingers of prisoners off

that's a myth.

Woke up this morning with the inevitable massive surge of patriotism that catches me off guard on first game of major international tournaments after making snide remarks throughout the preceding fortnight about how I don't really care about the national team. Howay England wipe that smirk of Blanc's face!

Aye ADP same here, doesn't take much though. I love this song :D listen from 1:20 to 2:40 E N G L A N D the Bassetts awwsorts army...

England and Britain have always been best as the underdog. We were big outsiders to defeat the krauts in WW2 but we were the only ones who fought for 6 years and were victorious, we weren't expected to win in 1966, we were 25/1 to win the World Cup in 1990 and would've been worthy champions, so I like being underdogs. When we do shit no one can say the arrogant English thought they'd win it, we'll "go dahn theyah and av a faakin goww" as 'Arry might say.

Thought Ireland were embarrassing myself. It was like Brazil against someone like North Korea. Obviously Ireland don't have a huge pool of players but Croatia is a smaller country than EIRE, was an embarrassment and they looked like a relegation battling Championship team. The midfield of Ward and Andrews speaks for itself, but Keane is finished too, Walters is shit, I don't know why they didn't take Best he's better than all those front players. Newcastle would beat Ireland 4-0. They'll definitely not make a re-make of The Van surrounding Euro 2012.

Thought Steven Gerrard demonstrated a touch of class in that press conference last night like. French journalist asked why England should be ranked as a top footballing nation, seeing as we've won fuck all since 1966. Gerrard retorted by showing the V sign, a reference to when we battered the cunts at Agincourt, the french used to cut the index fingers of prisoners off, hardly Einstein, but how many footballers would have known that. I bet "yeah ye know" Andy Cole, or John Terry wouldn't have known that.

France are unbeaten in 21, but Ireland were in 15, it's more than a forlorn hope we have tonight. Regardless what people say, we have good players, genuinely good players. Maybe not as good as Spain or Holland, but anything could happen tonight.

Definitely didn't happen. Capyured non nobles were just killed. If terms were accepted they would be unmolested. Studies show that the arrows of the bowmen may noyt have been as affectual as previously thought with there hand to hand fighting in the mud being the deciding factor.

I just hate Stevie Gee and like him looking a cath word.

I'm not the most patriotic bloke in the world but fuck me, supporting France tonight is on a different wavelength all together. I don't think it's any daft cry for attention either, people just genuinely want France to beat their country because John Terry is a twat. I never wanted teams to beat the toon when we had Alan Smith, Barton, Duff, Owen and Martins playing.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione