yeeeeeeeeeeeeee hhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

LeazesMag

I, like most was shocked, stunned, gutted, bemused when GS arrived.  Not long after I sank into some sort of reluctant acceptance.  Since then I've seen myself picking on his every word, knowing all along that he just wasnt right and how come there was so many who couldnt see this?  At one point I gave in and agreed he had to be given a chance, despite knowing how bad he was.  Before being our manager, I held him in no regard and never considered the possibility of him coming here.  Only since he's been here have I realised just how bad he is.  Im not going to give examples, I dont need to.  But thrash me with a nettle for sinking into that acceptance when all along I should have felt like I do now and not being lulled into a false sense of security by a decent UEFA run (oh so long ago) that came crashing down oh so spectacularly.

Its such a pitty that we have the injuries we do, as this is the shield he hides behind and will continue to do so long after leaving the club.

74226[/snapback]

Exactly how I felt. Only now i am in an apathetic stupor staring glumly at the TV in the vane hope that he will be sacked. However I think he's going nowhere for the immediate and this just makes me numb. Never have I felt such boredom towards the game of football, I can't remember the last time I got excited whilst watching the lads, now I just sit and wait for the inevitable and it usually comes.

This I blame souness for, he is a cancer and i want him removed, I need this so I can get the black and white blood pumping again, I need this because I love football and these last two years are killing me.

:)

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My money's still on Souness to be sacked and Roeder to take over till the end of the season.

73739[/snapback]

I'd hang myself from the Tyne Bridge if that happened.

74259[/snapback]

If Roeder takes charge, we'll do a West Ham when he took them over - straight down into Div 1 and then we will be screwed

74293[/snapback]

Wasn't it Trevor Brooking the manager that got West Ham relegated ?

74294[/snapback]

Correct. Also, Roeder led West Ham to 7th in his first season IIRC.

74295[/snapback]

Roeder did most of the damage in that 2nd season tho to which Brooking stepped in but couldnt do enough.

My money's still on Souness to be sacked and Roeder to take over till the end of the season.

73739[/snapback]

I'd hang myself from the Tyne Bridge if that happened.

74259[/snapback]

If Roeder takes charge, we'll do a West Ham when he took them over - straight down into Div 1 and then we will be screwed

74293[/snapback]

Wasn't it Trevor Brooking the manager that got West Ham relegated ?

74294[/snapback]

Correct. Also, Roeder led West Ham to 7th in his first season IIRC.

74295[/snapback]

Roeder did most of the damage in that 2nd season tho to which Brooking stepped in but couldnt do enough.

74302[/snapback]

Poor fucker had a mental problem.....

....Paolo Di Canio ! :)

I agree with Jose Mourinho who said "The great lie is that managres need time. A good manager should be able to change things straight away. That is what we do we manage what we have"

73779[/snapback]

It's a fair point....Owen didn't exactly need long to get scoring did he?

I don't like the chaos new managers seem to cause to the 70% good bit of the team. They always seem to tinker with the wrong bit and we still end up with a rotten 30% or even more.

A great manager would have got all the squad champing at the bit so that injuries would have less effect IMO.

I think Souness's behaviour (not talking to the press) also suggests that he's lost the fight.

Hopefully the next manager won't have to deal with Shearer's ego too. I think the guy's a legend but I'm not sure how much help his prescence is sometimes.

Mr Oliver has been whoring himself around today saying FF won't sack him as he doesn't want to cough up the £3 million in compo and there aren't any candidates immediatly available.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Mr Oliver has been whoring himself around today saying FF won't sack him as he doesn't want to cough up the £3 million in compo and there aren't any immediate candidates.

74320[/snapback]

I thought it was £2 million? ;)

Why has the idiot got such a high compo in his contract :)

Mr Oliver has been whoring himself around today saying FF won't sack him as he doesn't want to cough up the £3 million in compo and there aren't any immediate candidates.

74320[/snapback]

I thought it was £2 million? ;)

Why has the idiot got such a high compo in his contract :)

74324[/snapback]

It could well be "just" the £2 mill, I might not have heard him right.

Souness' contract is 2 years + 1 year option. To terminate his contract we'd need to pay up the remainder. Souness will not be on £4-6m a year!

Fred will try the same trick as with Bobby, remove him as manager but keep him on the payroll- spreads the payments out over time. If Souness was unhappy with that it wouldn't matter, by the time it reached court his contract would be nearly up.

Souness' contract is 2 years + 1 year option. To terminate his contract we'd need to pay up the remainder. Souness will not be on £4-6m a year!

Fred will try the same trick as with Bobby, remove him as manager but keep him on the payroll- spreads the payments out over time. If Souness was unhappy with that it wouldn't matter, by the time it reached court his contract would be nearly up.

74336[/snapback]

I was just looking at the old back up board for it. The say when we appointed him was that he signed a five year contract. I remembered how I moaned about it that time because I would never give a manager a longer contract than two years.

Mr Oliver has been whoring himself around today saying FF won't sack him as he doesn't want to cough up the £3 million in compo and there aren't any candidates immediatly available.

74320[/snapback]

The bastard wants to make up his mind. He was on SSN earlier saying if Souness doesn't deliver the FA Cup this season, he'll be sacked. So if we get turned over at the weekend he should be on his bike..

I think Souness's behaviour (not talking to the press) also suggests that he's lost the fight.

Also did you see the head shake when Clarkie scored the equaliser, it was like fuck, he'll won't sack me tomorrow now!

ITV News have just been interviewing Oliver. He says Souness hasn't talked to the Chronicle since the day after the Wigan debarcle when Oliver dared to criticise.

If the stupid twat can't take criticism, he really shouldn't be in football management tbh.

ITV News have just been interviewing Oliver. He says Souness hasn't talked to the Chronicle since the day after the Wigan debarcle when Oliver dared to criticise.

If the stupid twat can't take criticism, he really shouldn't be in football management tbh.

74349[/snapback]

he's shown himself to be unable to take criticism numerous times before now

Found this on icnewcastle

It's like I've won the lottery

Sep 13 2004

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Graeme Souness breezed into St James' Park to officially take charge of Newcastle United today and declared: "I feel like I have just won the lottery."

Souness and his new backroom team of Alan Murray, Phil Boersma and Dean Saunders have all been given two-year contracts with a further 12-month rolling deal.

While it may not have been the five-year contract which many people expected, Souness said today: "I am happy with that."....

I dunno about Souness thinking he's won the lottery, but I feel like we have if he's only on a 2 year fixed contract...

74372[/snapback]

Whether it's 2 years or 5 the fat man still won't want to pay him and his cronies out though.

I dunno about Souness thinking he's won the lottery, but I feel like we have if he's only on a 2 year fixed contract...

74372[/snapback]

Whether it's 2 years or 5 the fat man still won't want to pay him and his cronies out though.

74374[/snapback]

Because Shepherd has never sacked a manager has he? :)

74372[/snapback]

74374[/snapback]

Because Shepherd has never sacked a manager has he? :lol:

74426[/snapback]

Isn't it alleged that the fat man has only ever sacked one manager, SBR, and even then he was still on the pay roll instead of just paying him out.

Or was dogleash sacked but didn't take compensation???

And we all know Guillt was at least man enough to quit before he was pushed, unlike the fucking coward in charge of the team at the moment.

is his position becoming untenable now ...

if todays sky interview was a setup to help him [and it certainly looks that way as they said most e-mails backed him which is complete bollocks] then its backfired big style

Noticed he mentioned the game where he brought Liverpool to play against KK's Newcastle and says thats the sort of performance he wants to deliver for us....

Perhaps he's been reading LM's sig?

Noticed he mentioned the game where he brought Liverpool to play against KK's Newcastle and says thats the sort of performance he wants to deliver for us....

Perhaps he's been reading LM's sig?

74944[/snapback]

I laughed when he said that !

Shows how thick the stupid cunt is if he harks back to 30,000 geordies taking the piss out of him

Actually, I never "called for his head" straight away as you put it, I think I was probably in favour of him being sacked after Christmas, during the Bellamy fiasco, which imo showed his complete lack of man-management skills to go along with his belief that tactics don't matter etc, etc, etc.....

The point is I predicted what a disaster he would be, and you didn't. Whilst you never said he would be the next messiah, I do recall you saying he would be good for us - which has patently been proven wrong.

Look, believe it or not, I'm not interested in petty points scoring now; I just think it would be nice if for once out of your 10000 odd posts on this and other similar message boards you could hold up your hands and say you were wrong about Souness, that's all.

And for the record, if we do appoint someone I don't approve of, I'll stick my head out and say it. There's a big difference between that and calling for his head before he's played a game though.

73830[/snapback]

So just to clarify; in saying the following:

"So what's your stance now Gemmill, out of interest? Are you finally going to admit you were wrong in your assertion that Souness should be given a minimum of 2 years to prove himself, regardless of results and performances on the field, and his PR off it? Can we finally expect an "I was wrong" Gemmill exclusive?"

you were in no way whatsoever interested in petty point scoring? :lol:

73850[/snapback]

Oh whatever. Maybe it is points scoring, but you seem to be incapable of admitting you were wrong.

Ever fancied a career as a lawyer or politician? :lol:

73852[/snapback]

tbh, he isn't/wasn't wrong. I f I understand this right, Gems said that he should be given time to properly settle in, and make his impression on the squad - a viewpoint I also shared. Let's face it, nobody was ecstatic when we secured his services but rather than instantly write him off some of us took the stance that he should be given time and our support. He's had this and proved that the impression he can make on the club is a bad one.

That doesn't mean Gemmil or I or anyone else who felt that way were wrong to do so. After all, it's not as though we have any real influence on who the board picks as a new manager. If we'd dug our heels in and shouted 'Souness out' from day one do you think Shepard would have changed his mind and dispensed with Souey????? Would he bollocks.

I still stand by my decision to back Souness just as I feel we should back any new player who joins the club - a stance I think is maintained by Gems as well. You stand no chance getting any sort of performance out of a player or a manager if they feel their back is against the wall from day one.

Souness shouldn't have been employed form day one, but as we made a pig's arse in dispensing of our last manager he's what we ended up with. Once we had him, he needed a fair crack of the whip.

He's had that and although I've felt (and stated in earlier threads) that he should be given til the end of the season, our performances, tactics, morale etc is so bad that I think he needs to go sooner rather than later.

I also think we've been very unlucky with injuries and we have been without at least 2 or 3 of our best players, all season, at any given time. This has not helped. If we'd had them fit more, I believe we'd be in a better position. Not neccesssarily up there with Chelsea but not quite in the position we are in now. If this had been the case, I don't think Souey would have come in for quite the same level of grief.

Having said all of that, even a fit squad wouldn't completely hide his tactical frailties - they would however have papered over the cracks and kept us in a more comfortable position. Success (or rather victories) breeds confidence - something we're lacking at the minute...... along with direction... :lol:

[/war and peace]

you miss the point completely.

The "Souness out" people [like me and Renton], said this because we had absolutely no confidence in Souness to be successful.......in addition we feared the very scenario that has happened ie bad sales/overspending, poor morale, poor results. So, we were right.

Whereas the Souness backers must have wanted to "give him time" presumably because they thought he would be successful, why else would you say give him time ? In addition to this, you have all swallowed the line of a "happy dressing room" coming before results, and believed the agenda he conducted in the press towards Bellamy and Robert, putting his ego before the good of the club.

The proof of this is in the results, they are worse, and the performances too are a lot worse. yet you all said "but the dressing room is better" [how do you know it is ?]

For a LOT of money.

Therefore your faith in Souness was misplaced. You were wrong.

And if you had looked at his track record, it didn't take too much to forecast.

Edited by LeazesMag

you miss the point completely.

No I haven't as I will explain now.....

The "Souness out" people [like me and Renton], said this because we had absolutely no confidence in Souness to be successful.......in addition we feared the very scenario that has happened ie bad sales/overspending, poor morale, poor results. So, we were right.

Yes, you were right, but then it didn't take a genius to work it out did it? His track record of winning major english and european trophies was a bit thin - but still thicker than the others who turned us down. Bad sales - I'm still undecided about some of the sales but that's personal opinion and it's pointless dicussing it with you anyway as you have made your mind up and do not intend to move on it.

Overspending... should the blame for that not lie with FS? Souey doesn't agree the price, he makes his wish list. FS sorts the rest. Agreed our results this season have been worse than last season and morale is low yet again, but it hasn't always been that way.

Whereas the Souness backers must have wanted to "give him time" presumably because they thought he would be successful, why else would you say give him time ?

As has been explained to you by not only myself but others in this thread - because we were stuck with him. As I mentioned in my post, you can't expect to get the best out of someone if all you do is tell them they are shite and you don't want them there. FFS, if I did that to one of my staff I'd have my arse dragged into an Industrial Tribunal! Now whilst the situation doesn't directly translate to football fans and the manager, the overall gist of what I'm trying to say does. Support someone and they stand a chance of succeeding, put them down from day one and they dont.

In addition to this, you have all swallowed the line of a "happy dressing room" coming before results,

I did because both Shearer and Given said it iirc and until recent months there is the possibility that it was better. We'll not know until the next autobiography comes out will we?

and believed the agenda he conducted in the press towards Bellamy and Robert, putting his ego before the good of the club.

I don't agree with you there and we've had this conversation before as well. Bellars was as much to blame for his own demise as Souey was. Not withstanding the 'fucking prick' comment when he was subbed, going on sky and publically calling his manager a liar instead of being a man and dealing with it indoors was unforgivable.

For all of Roberts failings (and he had a fair few) I'm still not convinced we should have gotten rid of him as we've never replaced his incandescant skills. Having said that, 8/10 games he couldn't be arsed and it it was like playing with 10 men.

The proof of this is in the results, they are worse, and the performances too are a lot worse.

Can't argue with you there

yet you all said "but the dressing room is better" [how do you know it is ?]

No, we didn't. Not all of us (I can at least vouch for myself anyway), and also see my previous comment about the book.

For a LOT of money.

He has spent a lot of money (although if I'm being pedantic, he's requested we buy players who have ended up costing us a lot of money). His recommendations of course will go a long way to determining how much FS is willing to shell out - I'm not blind to that either. However, I think some of his buys have been good ones. Others need time and a fair chance to prove themselves (just like their their manager did).

Therefore your faith in Souness was misplaced. You were wrong.

As has already been pointed out (a couple of times now), not faith - support for a manager we were stuck with anyway. It's called looking to the positives and making the best of what you have been given. It's also called being annoyingly British :lol:

And if you had looked at his track record, it didn't take too much to forecast.

75684[/snapback]

Something else we agree on.

Edited by maggiespaws