Platty Joobs

BalarnyStone

Missed most of the start but....

Shit camera-work

Shit atmosphere till it got dark

Some shit performances, where it sounded as if the mics weren't turned up enough

Absolutely no need for 'comedians' to fill the gaps

Love him as I do, Rolf needs to seriously tone down the arselicking

Lenny Henry isn't funny

'Sing' ironically appears to have no identifiable chorus

Only the lighting show on the palace, the sheer mentalism of Grace Jones, and the ever reliable Kylie & Tom Jones, and the sight of the Archbishop clapping along to an assortment of poofs, fornicators & bling blingers, saved this from being a complete disaster imho

Coincided with the Queen's Official Birthday.

I'm not sure that Grace Jones or Will.i.am would have been aware of that. I'm inclined to believe that they weren't fully aware of the reason behind the whole thing.

If I had a choice I'd probably opt for a republic but I'm not too bothered we have a royal family, but the whole idea that the Queen deserves praise for her 'sterling work and dedication to her role' is a load of shit. She's the bloody monarch, what she does is the least you'd expect from her.

If I had a choice I'd probably opt for a republic but I'm not too bothered we have a royal family, but the whole idea that the Queen deserves praise for her 'sterling work and dedication to her role' is a load of shit. She's the bloody monarch, what she does is the least you'd expect from her.

To be honest I've been chuckling at the the whole "Monarchists" and "Royalists" monikers that have been thrown around. I think we'd have had just as much of a piss up if we were celebrating our country's "birthday" or independence, or whatever... doesn't mean the thousands that've gathered in celebration were vehemently in favour of a monarchy. Never mind the fact that she's got fuck all power in any real measure of it.

End of the day she's a much loved public figure, who's never embarrassed the country. I can get behind parties held in her honour, much more than some corruptible politician.

I'm not a Royalist though.

We'll have a monarchy for the forseeable future if Republic is anything to go by - every time I've heard them this week, they've opened with the ridiculous claim that we don't live in a democracy, with the more ridiculous members trying to compare our freedoms with those in North Korea and the BBC to Pravda. Fucking delusional tools the lot of em. Only this morning they were saying how we would elect some President wonk to represent the people, yet the twat soon jumped down Kelvin McKenzie's throat saying it couldn't be him of course. They've kind of missed the point of an election there, no? They weren't having any of the argument either that, conter to their wild claims, the miserable turnouts in all the elections we do have shows that nobody's really that fucked about who represents us in the council/govt, so why the hell would they turn out to give some power hungry Blair type arsehole an 80% yes on whether or not he gets to represent us on the world stage?

We'll have a monarchy for the forseeable future if Republic is anything to go by - every time I've heard them this week, they've opened with the ridiculous claim that we don't live in a democracy, with the more ridiculous members trying to compare our freedoms with those in North Korea and the BBC to Pravda. Fucking delusional tools the lot of em. Only this morning they were saying how we would elect some President wonk to represent the people, yet the twat soon jumped down Kelvin McKenzie's throat saying it couldn't be him of course. They've kind of missed the point of an election there, no? They weren't having any of the argument either that, conter to their wild claims, the miserable turnouts in all the elections we do have shows that nobody's really that fucked about who represents us in the council/govt, so why the hell would they turn out to give some power hungry Blair type arsehole an 80% yes on whether or not he gets to represent us on the world stage?

Using "you'd end up with President Blair" in an argument on the monarchy is another facet of Godwin's law - it's the pov of the desperate.

Look at countries like Ireland and Germany who have ceremonial presidents - do you think someone like Mary Robinson supports your scare tactics for having a debate about whether we live in a true democracy?

The fact is the monarchy is completely intwined in the way this country is run and who wields the power. The royal family and other aristiocrats own most of the land and also are at the heart of government. I'm sick of being told "she has the power but won't wield it" - the point is the power is there and add in the fact "minor" things like the war in Iraq are passed on royal assent which involves a lickspittel mumbling out a question which is granted and you have a fucked up "idea" of democracy.

I hope all the "I'm not that bothered" crowd caught some of the shite this morning to see another facet of it - how it's all tied up with the CofE and not forgeting the whole coronation ceremony celebrates "the grace of God". Not only do the brainwashed peasants think its okay that accident of birth determines for the most part the entire lives of the vast majority of this country but they are told they should believe in a God that thinks this is all hunk-dory. It's all about control and keeping the [peasants in their place and the fact that so many see nothing wrong with it makes me accept that the thick twats don't deserve any better.

You say we're stuck with it for the forseeable future - probably true but I still hope I can see the damage the jug-eared prick will do when he gets in - the fucker already has far too much power and influence and I see no reason why he'll stop when he's king.

I watched a programme about the fall of Singapore recently. It told the story of the 19th Lord Sempill, a member of the aristocracy and British traitor. No charges were ever brought against him, because essentially the aristocracy are untouchable in this country.

I think there's been plenty of Lords sent to jail, no? There's certainly been plenty of common traitors who've never been sent down, for one reason or another.

Using "you'd end up with President Blair" in an argument on the monarchy is another facet of Godwin's law - it's the pov of the desperate.

Look at countries like Ireland and Germany who have ceremonial presidents - do you think someone like Mary Robinson supports your scare tactics for having a debate about whether we live in a true democracy?

The fact is the monarchy is completely intwined in the way this country is run and who wields the power. The royal family and other aristiocrats own most of the land and also are at the heart of government. I'm sick of being told "she has the power but won't wield it" - the point is the power is there and add in the fact "minor" things like the war in Iraq are passed on royal assent which involves a lickspittel mumbling out a question which is granted and you have a fucked up "idea" of democracy.

I hope all the "I'm not that bothered" crowd caught some of the shite this morning to see another facet of it - how it's all tied up with the CofE and not forgeting the whole coronation ceremony celebrates "the grace of God". Not only do the brainwashed peasants think its okay that accident of birth determines for the most part the entire lives of the vast majority of this country but they are told they should believe in a God that thinks this is all hunk-dory. It's all about control and keeping the [peasants in their place and the fact that so many see nothing wrong with it makes me accept that the thick twats don't deserve any better.

You say we're stuck with it for the forseeable future - probably true but I still hope I can see the damage the jug-eared prick will do when he gets in - the fucker already has far too much power and influence and I see no reason why he'll stop when he's king.

What scare stories was I telling? President Mary is fine, she's hardly a draw on the world stage though is she, but I'm glad the Irish had the sense not elect a terrorist as their next President. That's a fine democracy that where a bomb planting child killing bastard makes the short list eh? Puts some of our ex-African colonies to shame. As for the rest, well you really are a fantasist. The Queen has the power to send us to war? MPs own all the land, and only get elected so they could legislate their own tax breaks? It's pure unadulterated fantasy land stuff, it bears no resemblance to reality whatsoever. It's garbage.

I think there's been plenty of Lords sent to jail, no? There's certainly been plenty of common traitors who've never been sent down, for one reason or another.

He was known to be selling military secrets and technology to the Japanese, amongst others, from the 20s. MI5 decided not to bring a case against him then as it would alert the Japanese to the interception of their communications. The Japanese were able to develop their air force to such a degree that they were able to launch simultaneous attacks upon Singapore and Pearl Harbour, thanks to the technology they received from Sempill. Sempill went on selling military technology to various regimes throughout the War, and was a member of some fascist/anti-semetic groups. All this whilst being a Conservative peer who was close to Churchill; so close in fact, that he was able to leak information from Churchill's talks with Roosevelt to the Axis powers. And yet he was never prosecuted in his lifetime, and ran a £750,000 a month overdraft whilst millions of English people suffered malnutrition due to poverty. That's the English class system for you.

End of the day she's a much loved public figure, who's never embarrassed the country.

This is what I mean - she's much loved simply for being The Queen, and in return for all the riches, power and service she has received due to a mere accident of birth, what has she done for the country? She's never been an embarrassment. Whoop de fucking doo.

The fact she smiled when the Red Arrows went overhead was just read out on the radio as headline news ffs. She must piss herself in private, "all I have to do is put on a hat, turn up and wave occasionally and these gibbons lap it up"

Any of you miserable bastards that have the disrespect to bitch and moan about what is truly a rare thing within what is left of the British heritage when there's so many other things out there that deserve real ire need to have a word with yourselves. Go and crawl back under your rocks, you disgusting little turds.

Any of you miserable bastards that have the disrespect to bitch and moan about what is truly a rare thing within what is left of the British heritage when there's so many other things out there that deserve real ire need to have a word with yourselves. Go and crawl back under your rocks, you disgusting little turds.

:lol: YOU are the one who is a disgusting little turd!

They're Germans you clown. House of Hannover/Sax Coburg Goethe. Parasites.

He was known to be selling military secrets and technology to the Japanese, amongst others, from the 20s. MI5 decided not to bring a case against him then as it would alert the Japanese to the interception of their communications. The Japanese were able to develop their air force to such a degree that they were able to launch simultaneous attacks upon Singapore and Pearl Harbour, thanks to the technology they received from Sempill. Sempill went on selling military technology to various regimes throughout the War, and was a member of some fascist/anti-semetic groups. All this whilst being a Conservative peer who was close to Churchill; so close in fact, that he was able to leak information from Churchill's talks with Roosevelt to the Axis powers. And yet he was never prosecuted in his lifetime, and ran a £750,000 a month overdraft whilst millions of English people suffered malnutrition due to poverty. That's the English class system for you.

What a bounder!

Speaking of traitors , found this article on the BFC, an SS unit made up of turncoat British POWs.

Note the Union flag on his right arm

article-1259632-08C0BEC8000005DC-946_634x759.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1259632/Hitlers-British-SS-Chilling-pictures-traitors-joined-Fuhrers-evil-unit--Union-Flag-sleeve.html

This is what I mean - she's much loved simply for being The Queen, and in return for all the riches, power and service she has received due to a mere accident of birth, what has she done for the country? She's never been an embarrassment. Whoop de fucking doo.

The fact she smiled when the Red Arrows went overhead was just read out on the radio as headline news ffs. She must piss herself in private, "all I have to do is put on a hat, turn up and wave occasionally and these gibbons lap it up"

What she must do infact is weep that she bothers for a country whose population includes turds like you. She's got no fucking power whatsoever, and she's got no fucking choice to go here there and everywhere, even if it consists of just waving, which has to be the most ingorant thing that's ever said when people talk about what she actually does. That's a level of ignorance that's on a par with someone who says all that Pardew does is pick a team once a week. I bet she puts in more fucking hours than you'll do in a lifetime that's for sure. You're the kind of prick who probably doesn't realise that most of the time she's going somewhere it's at the behest of the government to boost trade or something else that has more to do with benefiting the lot of cunts like you than it ever would be of benefit to her, or that when she's opening some new building in some random town somewhere, it's only possible because she's slept on the royal train in some miserable siding somewhere. I bet you'd fucking moan your tits off if you had to do her schedule for just a month, and you're probably a young bloke and she's a fucking 86 year old granny!!!!!. If I was her, reading the opinons of people like you, then you'd soon know just how much of a selfish embarassing leaching cunt of a monarch I really could be if I was given free reign. Accident of birth? Life fucking sentence more like. In a country full of the likes of you, I'd be living it up every minute, and fuck the lot of you oiks.

What she must do infact is weep that she bothers for a country whose population includes turds like you. She's got no fucking power whatsoever, and she's got no fucking choice to go here there and everywhere, even if it consists of just waving, which has to be the most ingorant thing that's ever said when people talk about what she actually does. That's a level of ignorance that's on a par with someone who says all that Pardew does is pick a team once a week. I bet she puts in more fucking hours than you'll do in a lifetime that's for sure. You're the kind of prick who probably doesn't realise that most of the time she's going somewhere it's at the behest of the government to boost trade or something else that has more to do with benefiting the lot of cunts like you than it ever would be of benefit to her, or that when she's opening some new building in some random town somewhere, it's only possible because she's slept on the royal train in some miserable siding somewhere. I bet you'd fucking moan your tits off if you had to do her schedule for just a month, and you're probably a young bloke and she's a fucking 86 year old granny!!!!!. If I was her, reading the opinons of people like you, then you'd soon know just how much of a selfish embarassing leaching cunt of a monarch I really could be if I was given free reign. Accident of birth? Life fucking sentence more like. In a country full of the likes of you, I'd be living it up every minute, and fuck the lot of you oiks.

4 out of 10. You're laying it on too thick on too many topics. Rein it in a bit and you'll be more believable.

• Tom changed the title to Platty Joobs