Harry Has Gone!

Christmas Tree

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redknapp crushes quit rumours

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has told ESPN he has not resigned from his job at White Hart Lane after rumours suggested he had quit on Tuesday.

Speculation in the media over the weekend reiterating the crisis point over his contract talks with chairman Daniel Levy led to more suggestions on Twitter that he was ready to walk out on his club, but the Spurs boss was bullish when asked about the rumours.

Redknapp told ESPN: "No, I haven't resigned, and I have no idea why it is being suggested that I have resigned.

"This is an outrage; an absolute liberty for people to be putting around this kind of rumour on the internet. It is not true, there is not a chance I will resign. Why should I? I have a year left on my contract."

However it is now common knowledge, as ESPN has already revealed, that talks on Redknapp's part, with new agents hired for the specific task of negotiating an improved deal, have stalled with no offer from Spurs beyond his current contract.

That contract has just one more season to run and Redknapp has been suggesting that he should be given a new three-year deal to provide stability and continuity within the club at a crucial time, as they try to recruit new players and keep stars such as Luka Modric, Rafael van der Vaart and Gareth Bale.

I thinks it looking like it's over, just a case of Levy getting his ducks in a row before pulling the trigger.

Saggy faced Cnut. :)

I hope he stays, you know who'll be one of the favourites for the job if he got sacked ?

Moyes is favourite apparently. And the wording of the statement to ESPN is interesting "It is not true, there is not a chance I will resign. Why should I? I have a year left on my contract."

In other words "sack me!"

I can only think that they blame Redknapp wanting the England job was to blame for their slump in the second half of the season because other than that I think he's done a great job there, the brand of fast counter attacking football he has them playing is excellent to watch.

If he does go I think they will go for Rafa, not completely sold on Moyes even though he's done a steady job ofmaking Everton the best of the rest over the past decade, I think he might struggle with the egos if working with a group of better players.

Thinking about it I'd like to see Moyes get the job, I don't see him getting them playing as well as Redknapp has and it would cause Everton problems who are our biggest rivals for a top 7 place.

Thinking about it I'd like to see Moyes get the job, I don't see him getting them playing as well as Redknapp has and it would cause Everton problems who are our biggest rivals for a top 7 place.

Agreed.

The lack of noise/reassurance from Levy indicates for me that Harry will be gone in the next few days. Stupid idiot, he should have taken the contract that was offered before the England manager debacle.