Match of the Day

The Fish

Lee Dixon not going to be on the BBC's highlight show which is a shame as, while he's not great, he provides far more insight and at the very lest looks like he actually watched the games. They'll stick with Hansen, Lawrenson and Shearer and will continue to haemorrhage viewers.

Who would you have as your dream team and how would you shake up the format?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixon wasn't great, Shearer is even worse. Hansen wasn't too bad years ago but is trapped in cliche mode now. They're in desperate need of a few new faces there. (that being said, still prefer it over ITV/Chiles).

Edited by TicTacWoe

BBC have become that bad that I completely skip the punditry anyway and wait until Monday night football on Sky for the weekends round-up. I hated Gary Neville as a player, but I really enjoy watching his work on Sky. Glad they've managed to keep him while he dicks around with the England set up. The Beeb seem to keep the best pundits for the big tournaments. Seedorf and Leonardo have both been a touch of class in the past

Lee Dixon not going to be on the BBC's highlight show which is a shame as, while he's not great, he provides far more insight and at the very lest looks like he actually watched the games. They'll stick with Hansen, Lawrenson and Shearer and will continue to haemorrhage viewers.

Who would you have as your dream team and how would you shake up the format?

Kevin Keegan, Alan Hansen, Lee Dixon and me

To be honest, the only highlight show I enjoy is Goals on Sunday.

I'd keep Lineker but ditch everybody else. I'd get journalists like Marcotti, Holt and Caulkin, guys from influential podcasts like The Football Ramble, Guardian Football Weekly etc.

There's a stack of knowledgeable pundits who've got something new to say.

I'd keep Lineker but ditch everybody else. I'd get journalists like Marcotti, Holt and Caulkin, guys from influential podcasts like The Football Ramble, Guardian Football Weekly etc.

Guardian football weekly ? Haddaway and shite man. The Guardian :lol: There are loads of good football pundits. The vast majority of journalists are pompous arseholes that know fuck all, they are just blokes in the street with an opinion. No different to supporters. They either talk shite or they don't and most of them do. Louise Taylor writes for the guardian, to a NUFC supporter she talks shite and to a mackem she is a good journalist. Which sort of shows up the intellect of the standard football supporter.

"The grass is always greener".

We could end up with a total knob like Ian Wright or a yes man like Peter Beardsley, both of whom would sit right alongside Garth Crooks and oversee a mass exodus to radio 5 or anything at all.

Edited by LeazesMag

The Football Ramble is a good shout. MotD needs more JamesorJim!

Guardian football weekly ? Haddaway and shite man. The Guardian :lol: There are loads of good football pundits. The vast majority of journalists are pompous arseholes that know fuck all, they are just blokes in the street with an opinion. No different to supporters. They either talk shite or they don't and most of them do. Louise Taylor writes for the guardian, to a NUFC supporter she talks shite and to a mackem she is a good journalist. Which sort of shows up the intellect of the standard football supporter.

"The grass is always greener".

We could end up with a total knob like Ian Wright or a yes man like Peter Beardsley, both of whom would sit right alongside Garth Crooks and oversee a mass exodus to radio 5 or anything at all.

No you doddery coffin dodging fruitloop, not the Guardian paper, the Guardian Football Weekly. It's a podcast featuring James Richardson amongst others. It's pretty good.

No you doddery coffin dodging fruitloop, not the Guardian paper, the Guardian Football Weekly. It's a podcast featuring James Richardson amongst others. It's pretty good.

Don't mention the guardian!

Yeah, but a lot of the "pundits" on the podcasts are journalists for the The Guardian. Louise Taylor has been on before.

Not that im knocking it. Its a bi-weekly tradition for me.

O'Herlihy, Giles, Dunphy and Souness.

Are we after pundits or gobshites? ;)

Once heard Souness rewrite history on an Irish show and slag our support off as well to a sympathetic presenter, nasty Geordies/who do they think they are?/ideas above their station etc.

podcast ? is that something schoolboys use ? Whatever. Journalists are for the most part, wankers though.

Souness is actually a really good pundit when he's on Sky, in particular when he's doing the Champions League coverage.

Souness is one of the best pundits going. Living proof that talking a good game doesn't mean you have the man-management skills or good player judgement.