Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got in (well, half an hour ago). Brilliant night at the stadium. Obviously (as I've said on Facebook and I'm sure plenty of you will have said in this thread - I'll go and read it now :razz:) it was a mixed bag entertainment-wise and seemed pretty messy as a concept, but closing ceremonies are always a bit like that, the anti-climax after all the drama. Main thing was the party vibe around the place was brilliant to be a part of. Dead glad the volunteers got the huge ovation they deserved too. :good:

Bollocks, man. That was London 2012 already.

The tabloids in our beloved European neighbours seem to have enjoyed it, for what it's worth. I think we forget how much even our crap is cool compared with most foreign music. :lol:

Friend was stroppily demanding to know who the Brazilians were, and I was trying to explain that, while we might not know them, they may be huge in Brazil. I pointed out that the majority of the planet wouldn't have a scooby who Ed Sheeran, Tinie Tempah or half the others were.

She wouldn't have it.

proof positive women are thick as shit.

Im sick of hearing of "Lets hope its inspired the younger generation"

Fuck that. Lets hope its inspired the fat fucking parents too! Kids look up to their parents. They need inspiration from them.

I was in the supermarket yesterday and the number of obese people was sickening man. We as a nation are now a smaller version of the US.

Junk mail from Travelodge just now. "It's goodbye Games - Hello £10 OFF at over 500 hotels". Fucking hell man, as if today wasn't depressing enough as it is. :lol:

Get yourself some journalist accreditation muppet. ;)

Im sick of hearing of "Lets hope its inspired the younger generation"

Fuck that. Lets hope its inspired the fat fucking parents too! Kids look up to their parents. They need inspiration from them.

I was in the supermarket yesterday and the number of obese people was sickening man. We as a nation are now a smaller version of the US.

:lol: Shop at Sainsburys man. It'll be better for your blood pressure.

Unfortunately, if the parents don't get with the programme, then for the most part the kids are gonna struggle.

I hope there's some substance to the inspire a generation thing though.