Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

Have to say I've utterly loved every second (bar Sheeran and Georges second song), just been a cheery happy end to a great 2 weeks. Not meant to be Glastonbury.

NI really didn't want to be cynical about it. I've loved the last 16 days and the opening ceremony was mint, but this has been pap I'm afraid.

Chez's right, it'll be mint in the stadium and that's probably all that matters - that the athletes and those that have paid to get in enjoy it. But there have just been some rank bad decisions for the content tonight.

Edited by Gemmill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I heard that the Closing Ceremony was going to be based on the arts I thought it was a brilliant idea. If Britain have done anything for the world over the last 50 years it's give us some fantastic music. Unfortunately much of it was not on display tonight.

Beatles

Stones

Zeppelin

Floyd

Who

Bowie

Queen

Sabbath

Thank you and goodnight!

Queen are on now, Bowie and Lennon were represented earlier, Sheeran did a Floyd song and the Who are closing the whole thing. What's your problem? ;)

Queen are on now, Bowie and Lennon were represented earlier, Sheeran did a Floyd song and the Who are closing the whole thing. What's your problem? ;)

Jessie J covering Freddie Mercury and Russell Brand doing the Beatles is my problem :lol: