Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather listen to Claire Balding talk about horse racing than any of the Motd malingerers talk about football. And I love football.

We're in with a chance of another gold in the ladies rowing today in the double skulls. Katherine Grainger, who is looking to get gold in this event to add to her 3 olympic silvers from previous games, was yesterday described as a "gigantic leabian" :lol: by one of the lads in our office who used to row at the same club as her.

She's the one that broke down bubbling at the last one. "Always the bridesmaid *sob*". Redgrave had to stop the interview to cuddle her.

I'm pretty sure Redgrave has said he'll be in tears if she wins.

Yes, guaranteed at least a silver now.

I know fuck all about judo but the reactions (her own, the amazing audience and the commentators) as she won was class

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/p00w2zsm?tc=2012-08-02T13%3A45%3A39-00%3A00

Realising she had won and bursting into tears as she knelt on the matt, Gemma Gibbons looked to the sky and whispered: "I love you, mum." It was her mother Jeanette who first took her to a judo class when she was six-years-old. She passed away in 2004 from leukaemia.