Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commentators seem to think it was the right decision. Like you say, we know fuck all. Ukraine must be gutted.

Aye these commentators were beside themselves with bronze so it's clearly still a crazy good result. Just a shame for the gymnasts that it feels like a bit of a kick in the plums.

I can't really feel too much for the Ukrainians given I was willing them all to rupture their biceps on the rings 20 minutes ago. :lol:

That Japanese dismount was a fucking disgrace! I'm still over the moon for them but they should have had silver. Well done lads.

Gutted for Tom Daley/Waterfield after they only got 4th earlier. He's since had some absolute c-word tweeting him to say he's let his dad (who died last year) down. Pathetic.

:lol: Howay man, they were out of the medals on a judging error. They had to appeal.

Aye, they had every right to appeal.

If only he'd landed on his arse instead of his feet.

Lochte's no Phelps mind. Needs to eat a bit more. This is Phelps's diet when he's training (similar to CT's when he's got a full day of taxiing to do):

Breakfast: Three fried egg sandwiches; cheese; tomatoes; lettuce; fried onions; mayonnaise; three chocolate-chip pancakes; five-egg omelette; three sugar-coated slices of French toast; bowl of grits; two cups of coffee

Lunch: Half-kilogram (one pound) of enriched pasta; two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise on white bread; energy drinks

Dinner: Half-kilogram of pasta, with carbonara sauce; large pizza; energy drinks

That's unbelievable from that Missy Franklin bird. Just swam a heat 20 minutes ago and comes back out to win the 100m backstroke final.

I was listening to Spofforth's dad on the radio before and he was saying that the only time he's heard swimming crowds this loud is at US University meets - no fucking wonder the yanks are this good with that level of interest at college level.

Lochte's no Phelps mind. Needs to eat a bit more. This is Phelps's diet when he's training (similar to CT's when he's got a full day of taxiing to do):

Breakfast: Three fried egg sandwiches; cheese; tomatoes; lettuce; fried onions; mayonnaise; three chocolate-chip pancakes; five-egg omelette; three sugar-coated slices of French toast; bowl of grits; two cups of coffee

Lunch: Half-kilogram (one pound) of enriched pasta; two large ham and cheese sandwiches with mayonnaise on white bread; energy drinks

Dinner: Half-kilogram of pasta, with carbonara sauce; large pizza; energy drinks

I want to redo my career and become an Olympic swimmer.

That Lithuanian lass that won gold is apparently based in the UK.

Yeah, she lives and trains in Plymouth and she's only 15! Poor lass was completely overwhelmed by it all :)